Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum

Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   2 men beat a mother with hockey stick in Calgary (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showthread.php?t=309475)

rugatika 12-08-2016 08:25 PM

2 men beat a mother with hockey stick in Calgary

This from a road rage incident. With her child in the mini-van still. I really hope they find these guys. Who does that? Let alone to a mother. Sick, sick, sick.

http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2016/12...d%3D1902417842

Calgary police are investigating an incident of serious road rage, where a woman was followed and then attacked with a hockey stick by two men.

Police say a woman was driving south on 4 Street N.W. near the intersection of 40 Street Wednesday afternoon when a BMW unsuccessfully tried to pass her.

The vehicle then "aggressively tailgated" the woman, hitting her bumper at one point.

When she pulled over near the West Mount Pleasant Area, the driver of the BMW boxed her in.

Two men got out of the vehicle and demanded the woman fight them. When the woman refused, they used a hockey stick to break all the windows of her minivan. Her child was in the car at the time, say police.

The men then pulled the woman out of her vehicle and beat her with the hockey stick.

Both men are described as being in their early 20s, with dark brown or black hair and medium builds. One was wearing light coloured clothing on his upper body.

The vehicle they were driving is a two-door, silver BMW with an Alberta licence plate. There is likely to be extensive damage to the front passenger side and possibly the front bumper, police say.

I'm still kind of hoping this is a fake news story or something. Seems unbelievable to me that this stuff happens.

Keep your eyes out for a BMW with damage. Looks like a 645 or 650? Stolen? Maybe.

Gray Wolf 12-08-2016 08:37 PM

It looks like someone got some good photos of the BMW. I bet they're behind bars before the end of the week!

huntsfurfish 12-08-2016 08:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gray Wolf (Post 3410748)
It looks like someone got some good photos of the BMW. I bet they're behind bars before the end of the week!

Sure hope so.

Newview01 12-08-2016 08:53 PM

I hope tasers are used many times during the capture of these waste of skin losers.

Bushrat 12-08-2016 08:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gray Wolf (Post 3410748)

And out on bail Saturday.

Newview01 12-08-2016 08:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bushrat (Post 3410766)
And out on bail Saturday.

If so I hope they come to wish they were still behind bars.

KGB 12-08-2016 08:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Newview01 (Post 3410765)
I hope tasers are used many times during the capture of these waste of skin losers.

On their scrotums :sHa_sarcasticlol:

fargineyesore 12-08-2016 09:06 PM

Just shoot the creeps

moosemad 12-08-2016 09:20 PM

I hate this city.

dewalt18 12-08-2016 10:21 PM

I have no words.

CaberTosser 12-08-2016 10:28 PM

My previous house was only three blocks from there, it's not a rough neighborhood at all. The photos of the BMW should hopefully get them caught, I only hope they were the registered owners so that it's possible, perhaps they were drugged up car thieves too.... Either way they need to fall down all the stairs in the Bow building repeatedly upon arrest

purgatory.sv 12-08-2016 10:34 PM

Was this incident in the am or pm?

In a previous life I was told it didn’t concern me.

Not enough back ground information.

CMichaud 12-08-2016 10:41 PM

There is something missing in this story....just seems like more details are missing.

dewalt18 12-08-2016 10:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CMichaud (Post 3410872)
There is something missing in this story....just seems like more details are missing.

Details missing or not. . . Two males drag a mother out of a vehicle, with her child in it, and beat her with a hockey stick. . . Better be some damn good details.

Rio56 12-08-2016 11:35 PM

so

Just my opinion ..but why is this posted on the AO forum... good grief ..we all get news .. :mad3:

I_forget 12-09-2016 12:42 AM

Everyone hold on. This article is from the huffington post, very left wing paper. The other article I read explained the woman got out of her van with the hockey stick. The 2 males got it from her and used it against her. Totally different that how the huff post explains the story.

rugatika 12-09-2016 06:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rio56 (Post 3410903)
Just my opinion ..but why is this posted on the AO forum... good grief ..we all get news .. :mad3:

So why even read it then? Let alone comment?

Hoping for a job with the CRTC?

58thecat 12-09-2016 06:25 AM

Hmmm concealed carry...the right to carry...would have been nice if the little 9mm came out..tap,tap, call 911...

I know the responses to this...gun fights on our roadways, no way are you crazy, etc...but if this was your wife, daughter...tap,tap.

Weedy1 12-09-2016 06:25 AM

Quote:

Because most guys here don't know how to use the internet, read the newspaper or turn the TV on. Their Moms had to put a desktop shortcut on their computers to AO forum so they can get the news in the morning.

Newview01 12-09-2016 06:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by I_forget (Post 3410914)
Everyone hold on. This article is from the huffington post, very left wing paper. The other article I read explained the woman got out of her van with the hockey stick. The 2 males got it from her and used it against her. Totally different that how the huff post explains the story.

Where did you read the article that stated that? Not that it matters. She should have gotten out of her car with a Desert Eagle 50 cal. Or HK MP5 SD. Not sure which would be better.

58thecat 12-09-2016 06:26 AM

Quote:

General discussion...opens up views, thoughts etc

kevinhits 12-09-2016 06:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rugatika (Post 3410948)
So why even read it then? Let alone comment?

Hoping for a job with the CRTC?

Get ready for an incoming PM:sHa_sarcasticlol:

I_forget 12-09-2016 07:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Newview01 (Post 3410954)
Where did you read the article that stated that? Not that it matters. She should have gotten out of her car with a Desert Eagle 50 cal. Or HK MP5 SD. Not sure which would be better.

https://www.google.ca/amp/news.natio...age-attack/amp

Global news also. It's amazing how a small detail can change the readers opinion. It's very important to know the bias you are getting from different news sources.

elkhunter11 12-09-2016 07:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by I_forget (Post 3410979)
https://www.google.ca/amp/news.natio...age-attack/amp

Global news also. It's amazing how a small detail can change the readers opinion. It's very important to know the bias you are getting from different news sources.

Personally, I don't see the situation any differently because she had the hockey stick. It was the two men that chased her and tried to get her to leave the vehicle and fight them. If you were a woman with a child in the vehicle, would you not use any means that you had to protect you and your child from two aggressive men that wanted to fight you?

I_forget 12-09-2016 07:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elkhunter11 (Post 3410984)
Personally, I don't see the situation any differently because she had the hockey stick. It was the two men that chased her and tried to get her to leave the vehicle and fight them. If you were a woman with a child in the vehicle, would you not use any means that you had to protect you and your child from two aggressive men that wanted to fight you?

Well first of all we've only got her side of the story. Them stealing her hockey stick makes the 2 males look a little less evil. It takes 2 to tango so to speak. They probably beat her up, she's is mad gets her hockey stick, they take it and beat her up some more. When she could have stayed in her car after the first beating.

roughneckin 12-09-2016 07:23 AM

Something doesn't add up. If she felt threatened why get out of the car? Then she says that they used the hockey stick to smash the windows to get into the car and pull her out...was she swinging the hockey stick outside the car then jumped back in or possibly she didn't realize they were there and got out with the stick to head to the rink? Something seems fishy. Either way it doesn't matter what happened no person should ever feel their life is threatened due to a road rage incident. What a bunch of losers.

^v^Tinda wolf^v^ 12-09-2016 07:37 AM

Reguardless of the circumstances I'm sure western culture will catch up to these to individuals or at least the owner of the damaged vehicle. Some where out there I'm sure there is a father on a mission or for that fact an army of fathers that will step up to the plate to knock the ball out of the park. Feel bad for the innocent people with similar damaged vehicles in question.

JB_AOL 12-09-2016 07:41 AM

Not that it justifies their reaction at all.. But I've seen some pretty stupid **** done by arrogant hockey moms. There is definitely more to the story, and the stories definitely don't make sense.

Newview01 12-09-2016 08:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by I_forget (Post 3410990)
Well first of all we've only got her side of the story. Them stealing her hockey stick makes the 2 males look a little less evil. It takes 2 to tango so to speak. They probably beat her up, she's is mad gets her hockey stick, they take it and beat her up some more. When she could have stayed in her car after the first beating.

What is wrong with you? Two males stole a female's only method of defense, this makes them less evil?

The moment two males beat up a female we have a very serious problem. Females are volatile at the best of time (no offense to the females here) so they shouldn't have even followed her, never mind blocked her in and got out of their car. And why did they beat her up the first time? Was she about to overpower them?

I have no idea why you would be defending these people.

I_forget 12-09-2016 08:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Newview01 (Post 3411020)
What is wrong with you? Two males stole a female's only method of defense, this makes them less evil?

The moment two males beat up a female we have a very serious problem. Females are volatile at the best of time (no offense to the females here) so they shouldn't have even followed her, never mind blocked her in and got out of their car.

Learn to read. She's gets her hockey stick out of her van after the first beating, they take it and use it on her. It's slightly less evil than if they took a hockey stick out of their BMW