Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum

Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/index.php)
-   Guns & Ammo Discussion (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Browning 50 cal BMG value? (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showthread.php?t=339028)

360hunt 02-09-2018 03:20 PM

Browning 50 cal BMG value?

2 Attachment(s)
First off it's a home made replica.
A friend of mine has made a spitting life size image of a Browning 50 cal BMG. He is a very skilled craftsman. And when he said he made one over the Christmas holidays I had to see it for myself.
Well holly@#$%! You'd be hard pressed to tell the difference between the real deal and this one. Right down to the ammo box and rounds.
He is think of making this a little hobbie.
What would you guys pay for something like this?
Should you need one for the man cave.

wwbirds 02-09-2018 03:26 PM

would this apply

http://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/cfp-pcaf/f...plique-eng.htm

360hunt 02-09-2018 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wwbirds (Post 3728259)

Ya you would think.....but the local rcmp already have seen and in fact admired it. So how knows. Just ended up with a crowd of yellow stripped pants saying what a fantastic job he did.
Lol

Dick284 02-09-2018 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 360hunt (Post 3728265)
Ya you would think.....but the local rcmp already have seen and in fact admired it. So how knows. Just ended up with a crowd of yellow stripped pants saying what a fantastic job he did.
Lol

Don’t count on the local wonder children from Regina having clue one about the firearms laws in our country. They screw such things up with regular ineptitude.

Pull the pics off the web, till you and he know for sure.

Hat in the Cat 02-09-2018 06:09 PM

Not to derail but I read this and really don't knowhat I'm missing...

Airsoft guns are devices that have a low muzzle velocity and muzzle energy, and usually discharge projectiles made out of a substance such as plastic or wax rather than metal. An airsoft gun, firing a .20g*6mm*plastic pellet, with a muzzle velocity below 111.6*m/s (366*fps), and resembling with near precision an existing make and model of a firearm, other than an antique firearm, is a replica firearm and therefore a prohibited device.

What is the clause that makes these legal as I've seen some pretty realistic looking ones.

360hunt 02-09-2018 06:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hat in the Cat (Post 3728375)

Airsoft guns are devices that have a low muzzle velocity and muzzle energy, and usually discharge projectiles made out of a substance such as plastic or wax rather than metal. An airsoft gun, firing a .20g*6mm*plastic pellet, with a muzzle velocity below 111.6*m/s (366*fps), and resembling with near precision an existing make and model of a firearm, other than an antique firearm, is a replica firearm and therefore a prohibited device.

What is the clause that makes these legal as I've seen some pretty realistic looking ones.

You have a very good and valid point

KGB 02-09-2018 06:13 PM

According to the link to RCMP site, pretty much any stick resembling the firearm considered a replica and is prohibited.... unless you pain the barrel in bright orange and the muscle in bright red.... then it should be ok.:scared0018:
Yeah makes no sense in their description whatsoever! The total dud like your friends creation is prohibited but a pellet gun that looks like a real one from 20yards is not...

PS. Will pay $300 if your buddy can mount it on my SUV so it can be lifted up when I’m on Antony Henday drive in rush hour! Hehehe....
PPS. It can also be very popular among the rural folks who are now under attack by the criminals stealing their property in a broad day light. This thing will be awesome mounted on a front porch....

colroggal 02-09-2018 06:31 PM

Quote:

The ones I've seen on store shelves are typically proportionally correct but made of clear plastic with bright orange muzzle devices. It's probably not legal to take them home and paint them but I've never heard of a raid on an airsoft match.

Colin

360hunt 02-09-2018 07:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KGB (Post 3728383)
According to the link to RCMP site, pretty much any stick resembling the firearm considered a replica and is prohibited.... unless you pain the barrel in bright orange and the muscle in bright red.... then it should be ok.:scared0018:
Yeah makes no sense in their description whatsoever! The total dud like your friends creation is prohibited but a pellet gun that looks like a real one from 20yards is not...

PS. Will pay $300 if your buddy can mount it on my SUV so it can be lifted up when I’m on Antony Henday drive in rush hour! Hehehe....
PPS. It can also be very popular among the rural folks who are now under attack by the criminals stealing their property in a broad day light. This thing will be awesome mounted on a front porch....

To answer your question.....can he mount it on your truck?
He's a fabricator and mechanic for a living. Lol
So yes.
I let him know of your offer.

parfleche 02-09-2018 08:46 PM

That unit needs to be mounted on a Toyota Tacoma because those are the trucks ISIS uses ! So how much for cash? :sHa_shakeshout:

Old longBow 02-09-2018 10:01 PM

I have the Tacoma but ain't got the money lol, would look great on one of those Ural bikes with the side car but make it the Russian version??

CanadianPsycho 02-09-2018 11:04 PM

Quote:

The reason airsoft guns are legal is because they are considered capable of causing serious bodily harm as long as they shoot over 366fps. Tested on pig eyes I believe. Prior that ruling airsoft was a complete gray zone, With that ruling they are no different than .166 cal pellet guns. Below 366 fps they are considered not capable of serious bodily harm and therefor replicas.

Hat in the Cat 02-10-2018 12:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CanadianPsycho (Post 3728777)
The reason airsoft guns are legal is because they are considered capable of causing serious bodily harm as long as they shoot over 366fps. Tested on pig eyes I believe. Prior that ruling airsoft was a complete gray zone, With that ruling they are no different than .166 cal pellet guns. Below 366 fps they are considered not capable of serious bodily harm and therefor replicas.

So at 366 fps it is legal without a licence but at 365 fps it is prohib because you could scare people and rob banks...

I swear you could just read these gun laws out on this hour has 22 minutes and people would laugh until they found out they were true.

Battle Rat 02-10-2018 08:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by parfleche (Post 3728625)
That unit needs to be mounted on a Toyota Tacoma because those are the trucks ISIS uses ! So how much for cash? :sHa_shakeshout:

That should stop the tailgaters on the QE2.

bat119 02-10-2018 08:46 AM

In the 70's you could buy dewat 50 bmg's for a few hundred bucks until somebody used one to rob an armoured truck. The thieves put it in the back of a truck then stopped in front of an armoured truck, after the driver looked down the 1/2" bore he decided to surrender his load, the thieves were caught later.

ghostguy6 02-13-2018 12:46 PM

Could it be modified to run off propane like those AA guns used in Hollywood? That could be really fun on the Henday :)

Trochu 02-13-2018 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 360hunt (Post 3728256)
You'd be hard pressed to tell the difference between the real

One major difference I spotted immediately is that the real ones, picture below, don't use a stand taken from a Princess Auto halogen work light.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped...Arm%C3%A9e.jpg

Light stand for reference:
https://i5.walmartimages.com/asr/f2a...0&odnBg=FFFFFF

Other than that, looks like he spent quite a bit of time on it.

mooseknuckle 02-20-2018 10:26 PM

Jd motorhttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...f3d97114be.jpg

Sent from my SM-G925W8 using Tapatalk

trooper 02-23-2018 12:05 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by parfleche (Post 3728625)

Or mount an RPK MG copy on the sidecar of my Ural bike..:bad_boys_20: