Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum

Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Driving Is A Privilege (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showthread.php?t=283023)

ram crazy 03-13-2016 01:50 PM

Driving Is A Privilege

Some people are real pieces of work. An article in the sun about wearing your hat to take photo ID for drivers licence. People think it is there God given right to drive when in reality it is a privilege. There is absolutely no respect in today's society. Guy goes in to renew his drivers licence, but first has to pay all his un payed fines first then thinks he should be allowed to wear his cap for drivers licence ID. Shame on the paper for making this a front page issue, and giving the loser his 5mins. of fame.

Dick284 03-13-2016 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ram crazy (Post 3171402)
Some people are real pieces of work. An article in the sun about wearing your hat to take photo ID for drivers licence. People think it is there God given right to drive when in reality it is a privilege. There is absolutely no respect in today's society. Guy goes in to renew his drivers licence, but first has to pay all his un payed fines first then thinks he should be allowed to wear his cap for drivers licence ID. Shame on the paper for making this a front page issue, and giving the loser his 5mins. of fame.

Yet if he was a Sikh, or was wearing a veil he would have been allowed to have his licence picture taken. So why not with his cap on?
If your too short sighted to see that this is front page news because it highlights the double standard that is in effect in these politically correct times.

Shame on our silly rules and exclusions.

NewAlbertan 03-13-2016 02:03 PM

Good point

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dick284 (Post 3171409)
Yet if he was a Sikh, or was wearing a veil he would have been allowed to have his licence picture taken. So why not with his cap on?
If your too short sighted to see that this is front page news because it highlights the double standard that is in effect in these politically correct times.

Was this a 'cap'... Or a nice good ole boy Stetson?... It does make a difference...:thinking-006:

Dick284 03-13-2016 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewAlbertan (Post 3171427)
Was this a 'cap'... Or a nice good ole boy Stetson?... It does make a difference...:thinking-006:

He claims his cap is tied to a religious belief, how does this differ from other headgear with religious connections?

whiteout 03-13-2016 02:15 PM

I'd like OP to explain how wearing a hat is disrespectful.

And the guy in the story never once mentioned that driving is a right. And the story isn't about whether or not driving is a right or a privilege. He does make a valid point that there are ways to significantly alter your appearance from your photo and that these are considered acceptable.

Deo101 03-13-2016 02:30 PM

I like the Collandar guy in BC better...A true pastafarian and member of The Church of Flying Spaghetti Monster.

http://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/pastafa...hoto-1.1960281

hjd 03-13-2016 02:41 PM

So my great,great grandfather came up to Alberta from the states in a cowboy hat. My family has been wearing them since the white man came to NA. Is this not my heritage and religion. When and where did someone else's religion and heritage" garments" start that must be recognized? And why is mine not? (right to keep on my head) Hope the hockey hat guy blows it out of the water.

blacknorthernjk 03-13-2016 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deo101 (Post 3171468)
I like the Collandar guy in BC better...A true pastafarian and member of The Church of Flying Spaghetti Monster.

http://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/pastafa...hoto-1.1960281

You beat me to it. Was looking to find this exact thing.
A question I find myself asking myself and more these days is there even a line that exists anymore? We have effectively questioned it and pushed it out of present societies existence at this point. Or at least past my point of comprehension now.
I appreciate you don't approve of what happened, much like I can't stand those that wear caps in restaurants but I see it all the time these days. Doesn't harm anyone I suppose, only my simple understanding of respect as I was taught. So I'm left questioning my understanding of how we will define what the line is and where it belongs.

airbornedeerhunter 03-13-2016 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ram crazy (Post 3171402)

WRONG! Nowhere does he mention that driving is his right and if you can't see this for what it is, a protest, then you truly are short-sighted. It's pretty obvious that he is making a statement about the double standards in this country that allow for face coverings ( which are not part of the religion by the way, it is purely cultural) and the supposed separation between church and state. Oh, and what does "respect" have to do with anything here?????

catnthehat 03-13-2016 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hjd (Post 3171483)
So my great,great grandfather came up to Alberta from the states in a cowboy hat. My family has been wearing them since the white man came to NA. Is this not my heritage and religion. When and where did someone else's religion and heritage" garments" start that must be recognized? And why is mine not? (right to keep on my head) Hope the hockey hat guy blows it out of the water.

What denomination are you that requires you wear a broad brimmed hat?
Cat

hjd 03-13-2016 03:24 PM

Is full face covering truly a religion thing or just a heritage garment? You might have me there. I still believe a law of a land should be for all to follow.

elkdump 03-13-2016 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by catnthehat (Post 3171508)
Cat

CowPok >>> adores cows and rodeOs , wears hat 24/7/365 , unless knocked off in bucking contest or barroom brawl .or other blasphemies activity

No Hat, No Picture

Opa 03-13-2016 03:26 PM

Quote:

Cat

Orthodox Jew perhaps? Many Jews wear the yamulka to profess their faith. Just check out the Reichman family.

hjd 03-13-2016 03:32 PM

Hey elk, yep except to old for the first 2 anymore, but still trying to hand on to the blasphemies activities when possible.

Buglet 03-13-2016 03:32 PM

Law

One blanket law in Canada to follow on this issue !!!!!

elkdump 03-13-2016 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hjd (Post 3171535)
Hey elk, yep except to old for the first 2 anymore, but still trying to hand on to the blasphemies activities when possible.

The trouble with k'boy hats and heejabs is , all k'boys don't look the same , but heejabs ? That's another story ! they all DO look the same ,, ar,ar ,ar :sHa_sarcasticlol:

catnthehat 03-13-2016 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Opa (Post 3171531)
Orthodox Jew perhaps? Many Jews wear the yamulka to profess their faith. Just check out the Reichman family.

Uh doubt that his Great Great Grandaddy that come up fro the states wearing a cowboy hat was an othrodox Jew!!:sHa_sarcasticlol:
Cat

elkdump 03-13-2016 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by catnthehat (Post 3171543)
Uh doubt that his Great Great Grandaddy that come up fro the states wearing a cowboy hat was an othrodox Jew!!:sHa_sarcasticlol:
Cat

I can see it now when I think of , "The Frisco Kid " Gene Wilder

catnthehat 03-13-2016 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elkdump (Post 3171554)
I can see it now when I think of , "The Frisco Kid " Gene Wilder

I was thinking of that movie as well hilarious!!:sHa_sarcasticlol:
Cat

Fisherpeak 03-13-2016 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elkdump (Post 3171529)
CowPok >>> adores cows and rodeOs , wears hat 24/7/365 , unless knocked off in bucking contest or barroom brawl .or other blasphemies activity

No Hat, No Picture

Cow Poke? That`s what we used to call the Vet who came out to A.I. our milk cow. Dad even drove a 10 inch spike in the fencepost, told him it was to hang his pants on. The Vet laughed.

calgarychef 03-13-2016 04:43 PM

Hats

Makes me think of all the red neck hillbillies, wandering to restaurants with their hats on. No one has any respect any more.

elkdump 03-13-2016 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by calgarychef (Post 3171627)
Makes me think of all the red neck hillbillies, wandering to restaurants with their hats on. No one has any respect any more.

You ever watched how many Buffalo Wings they can stuff in a k"boy hat ??

Pay attention next time your in a buffet ! :test:

walleyewhiz 03-13-2016 04:58 PM

Political correctness gone wild.

ForwardBias 03-13-2016 05:00 PM

Quote:

X2

ak77 03-13-2016 05:51 PM

Since there are more exceptions to the rule than i can shake a stick at I will support those who troll the system, be it colander or skiing helmet.

How simple can it be? You want the government identification - you can't have the head gear. Period.

ram crazy 03-13-2016 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whiteout (Post 3171440)
I'd like OP to explain how wearing a hat is disrespectful.

And the guy in the story never once mentioned that driving is a right. And the story isn't about whether or not driving is a right or a privilege. He does make a valid point that there are ways to significantly alter your appearance from your photo and that these are considered acceptable.

I didn't say he mentioned it was a right. That was my opinion. Minorities have more right's than the majorities. How is wearing a ball cap a religious belief. It's like when you go to a sporting venue and watch how many people don't remove there hats when the national anthem is played.

Grizzly Adams 03-13-2016 07:58 PM

At one time, there were Hutterites bitching about having their pictures taken for their drivers license. One rule for all, no Exceptions.

Grizz

Wild&Free 03-13-2016 08:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ram crazy (Post 3171803)
I didn't say he mentioned it was a right. That was my opinion. Minorities have more right's than the majorities. How is wearing a ball cap a religious belief. It's like when you go to a sporting venue and watch how many people don't remove there hats when the national anthem is played.

or wear a hat inside while eating... I don't know why but that irks me. You always take your hat off when you sit down for dinner.

Jpl 03-13-2016 08:10 PM

Quote:

Ya cause it's the same thing. One being humble to god, one being the promotion of equality in the eyes' of God and the other wanting to wear a baseball cap.
:snapoutofit:

amosfella 03-13-2016 10:03 PM

Quote:

Cat

Read the history of the Puritans.