Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum

Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/index.php)
-   Guns & Ammo Discussion (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Frank Leffingwell Memorial Shoot (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showthread.php?t=349972)

DLab 08-22-2018 09:05 AM

Frank Leffingwell Memorial Shoot

In Lethbridge this past Saturday at The Fish & Game Range ,was a good time ,very well run and organized event. A full house of participants and the weather was fairly cooperative aside from the smoke haze.
The final event of the day was " The Rudy" ,a 300 yd. Benchrest target set up on the 100 yard line shot off hand [standing] ,5 shots ,no sighter's with Hunter class rifles with a time limit.
Myself and a buddy went ,we enjoyed the day and will definitely be attending again next year.
Kudo's to Mad, Lethbridge F&G and the crew of volunteers for putting on a great event.

Dick284 08-22-2018 10:01 AM

It was my first time attending this shoot.
I learnt a lot.
I also took 3rd in the Rudy.

Well done Maddie and crew.

I’ll be back!

Scott N 08-22-2018 10:07 AM

My dad used to work with Frank's wife, so I had the privilege of meeting him a few times. He was the person who first got me seriously interested in reloading.

duceman 08-22-2018 10:49 AM

was a great event as usual. maddie and her helpers do an excelent job.
got lucky and won open class, took 3 rd in modified, and second in the rudy.
i really wanted to win that one; as rudy macks was my mentor and good freind for many years.
couldn't get consistant with my hunter gun; think i was 5th or 6th there. looking forward to next year!!

fps plus 08-22-2018 11:42 AM

My older Brother was kind of a surrogate son for Frank and Ev, they took him all over the place for bench rest competitions. I have not shot at the shoot for several years due to how holidays with my family work out. I do have my name on the trophy the very first year they held the shoot . It’s lots of fun and need to try and make it again.

tchardy1972 08-22-2018 07:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duceman (Post 3830077)
i really wanted to win that one; as rudy macks was my mentor and good freind for many years.
couldn't get consistant with my hunter gun; think i was 5th or 6th there. looking forward to next year!!

There's always next year. I heard a rumor that the winner of the Rudy just got lucky. I mean really, who shoots a better score standing than they do off the bench.:scared0018:

DLab 08-23-2018 07:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duceman (Post 3830077)

With 3 Top 3 places I think there was more than luck involved Lee.

Quote:

Originally Posted by tchardy1972 (Post 3830301)
There's always next year. I heard a rumor that the winner of the Rudy just got lucky. I mean really, who shoots a better score standing than they do off the bench.:scared0018:

Yup ,that was an interesting twist.
I tied for 3rd. in the Open class and my buddy got 2nd. place.
Will definitely be registering earlier next year to shoot more classes, we just managed to get the last 2 openings this year.