Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum

Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/index.php)
-   Guns & Ammo Discussion (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   My protest buy (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showthread.php?t=412121)

6MT 05-31-2022 03:49 PM

My protest buy

I am so angry at the sock puppet that I went out at lunch today and bought another handgun.

It was very busy at my LGS. While waiting in line, I polled everyone close enough to ask why they were there. About a dozen were there for the same reason as me. To buy a handgun (and some people bought more then one). Every one of them!

Take that moron politicians.

I don't often let politicians get to me. As most of you know, I steer clear of political commenting. But this idiotic decision is just meant to garner votes by junior in order to get elected. That really made my blood boil. And then to watch that clown-show photo-op with all of those cronies and their applauding and smugness, just sealed the deal.

Now I just need to either sneak it into the house, or explain to my wife why I bought yet another hand gun. Although to her credit (and she's not a firearms licensee), she totally agrees that this was just a political stunt by that junior high school drama teacher that will have absolutely no affect on gun crime.

Rant over!

Trochu 05-31-2022 04:19 PM

Good on you.

Ackleyman 05-31-2022 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 6MT (Post 4526816)
I am so angry at the sock puppet that I went out at lunch today and bought another handgun.

It was very busy at my LGS. While waiting in line, I polled everyone close enough to ask why they were there. About a dozen were there for the same reason as me. To buy a handgun (and some people bought more then one). Every one of them!

Take that moron politicians.

I don't often let politicians get to me. As most of you know, I steer clear of political commenting. But this idiotic decision is just meant to garner votes by junior in order to get elected. That really made my blood boil. And then to watch that clown-show photo-op with all of those cronies and their applauding and smugness, just sealed the deal.

Now I just need to either sneak it into the house, or explain to my wife why I bought yet another hand gun. Although to her credit (and she's not a firearms licensee), she totally agrees that this was just a political stunt by that junior high school drama teacher that will have absolutely no affect on gun crime.

Rant over!

Good on you , great post. EXACTLY how i feel . Sat on the friggin CFO line trying to do a transfer for close to three hours. I knew they would be busy but i smell a rat. Will try again tomorrow.

Twisted Canuck 05-31-2022 04:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ackleyman (Post 4526835)
Good on you , great post. EXACTLY how i feel . Sat on the friggin CFO line trying to do a transfer for close to three hours. I knew they would be busy but i smell a rat. Will try again tomorrow.

I've been trying for 7 hours so far to transfer 3 guns to a couple friends. I don't need to buy anything. I will post my full stats on call to CFC after I am able to complete it.

catnthehat 05-31-2022 04:49 PM

I just told tge wife about this thread. She said if I'm that P'OD
at the sock puppet I should go out and buy another hand gun- the problem is she wants to me to buy a bloody GLOCK, because that is what that Renndington character uses on the Blacklist TV program!:budo:
I'm torn.....:sHa_sarcasticlol:
Cat

Twisted Canuck 05-31-2022 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by catnthehat (Post 4526840)
at the sock puppet I should go out and buy another hand gun- the problem is she wants to me to buy a bloody GLOCK, because that is what that Renndington character uses on the Blacklist TV program!:budo:
Cat

I've never encouraged anyone to ever buy a Glock, but this time.....

I suspect by noon tomorrow there may not be a handgun left in any store in Canada to buy.

igorot 05-31-2022 05:01 PM

Sig

Been planning to get a handgun next year. Guess I need one now. Any store in Calgary to get a compact SIG not even sure on what model:confused:

MountainTi 05-31-2022 05:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck (Post 4526843)

I suspect by noon tomorrow there may not be a handgun left in any store in Canada to buy.

Ran to town...never seen the likes of it. Was pretty crazy.
Flying off the shelves faster than $1.99 brisket at costco.

And you're right, won't be much left by tomorrow

tirebob 05-31-2022 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck (Post 4526843)
I've never encouraged anyone to ever buy a Glock, but this time.....

We have gotten to the point you better know a guy who is willing to part with their own inventory... It's good to have friends! :)

partsman 05-31-2022 05:41 PM

Would be nice if the dealers could get stocked up before the law comes into effect.

Twisted Canuck 05-31-2022 05:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by partsman (Post 4526859)
Would be nice if the dealers could get stocked up before the law comes into effect.

The ones who were stocked up with sporting rifles before the OIC ban got stuck holding millions of dollars in inventory they can't sell.

I bet they are glad that they can at least still sell handguns, for now.

sns2 05-31-2022 06:01 PM

Buy em all boys. Don’t matter what they are just buy em. Societies can change quickly.

wolfriver 05-31-2022 06:51 PM

I protested twice today, a 9 mil and a 22

MountainTi 05-31-2022 07:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sns2 (Post 4526869)
Buy em all boys. Don’t matter what they are just buy em. Societies can change quickly.

Follow this mans advice!

Homesteader 05-31-2022 10:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by catnthehat (Post 4526840)
Cat

Hey if it preheats the oven, that’s a win, win Cat!!

Big Thumper 05-31-2022 10:20 PM

I stopped in PR today, my LGS, and it was crazy, I must have seen 15+ handguns purchased just in the 30 mins I was there. One guy bought 6! I know one guy that works there and he said they sold nearly 300 handguns today. Awesome numbers. I couldn't believe the frenzy there. I knw PR typically has 1000 or so in stock. Not sure how many they have left. I picked up a nice uberti (Taylors) open top 1851 38 special I've been wanting.

slough shark 05-31-2022 11:48 PM

I thought that it was effective immediately that you couldn’t buy a handgun, how long do we have to do so?

32-40win 06-01-2022 04:28 AM

CSC was a crazy busy place yesterday, TSE posted a pic of a near empty display. Cabelas seemed busy, but nowhere near the level of CSC. Basspro, almost nobody there in the AM anyway. I had to go p/u my RWS bullets @ CSC, never seen it like that before, I got lucky and didn't have to wait in that lineup, they had another till going, 3 computers going for people to take out memberships and I think they were using two to do transfers and sales. Probably 25-30 people in lineup. See they posted where they put up a sign at the door---6hr wait at the tills.

wolf308 06-01-2022 06:48 AM

Yeah ..... used walther ppq match for me today. Waiting on buddy to start the transfer.

Ackleyman 06-01-2022 07:39 AM

Global News 8:15 PM May 30th....

"Government officials later said they don't anticipate a major surge in handgun purchases in anticipation of the freeze becoming law" :sHa_sarcasticlol::sHa_sarcasticlol:

Ackleyman 06-01-2022 07:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slough shark (Post 4527056)
I thought that it was effective immediately that you couldn’t buy a handgun, how long do we have to do so?

Supposedly till the tabled bill passes in the fall. But , do not trust the lizards for one minute. this could change over night. You want a handgun get on it now.

Pathfinder76 06-01-2022 08:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ackleyman (Post 4527084)
Global News 8:15 PM May 30th....

"Government officials later said they don't anticipate a major surge in handgun purchases in anticipation of the freeze becoming law" :sHa_sarcasticlol::sHa_sarcasticlol:

What in the world did they expect? Idiots.

Twisted Canuck 06-01-2022 08:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ackleyman (Post 4527088)
Supposedly till the tabled bill passes in the fall. But , do not trust the lizards for one minute. this could change over night. You want a handgun get on it now.

Exactly. They can freeze sales and transfers immediately by OIC. Buy now or forever hold your piece.

6MT 06-01-2022 09:17 AM

I got one of these...

https://i.postimg.cc/TPLJrwtK/R.png

Twisted Canuck 06-01-2022 09:35 AM

That will work 6MT. CZ makes a nice gun.

I's almost starting to regret selling all ten of the Walther Creeds I bought. Oh well. It's not like I'm gonna run short of handguns. Ammo....well, that may be another story.

heretohunt 06-01-2022 11:17 AM

I joined the club just now with a .357 wheel gun.
I have no idea why I would want one. I guess I will find out…

guysmiley 06-01-2022 12:20 PM

I'm in for 3 just because.

Wolverine is not processing orders right now.... Overwhelmed.

Twisted Canuck 06-01-2022 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by heretohunt (Post 4527181)
I joined the club just now with a .357 wheel gun.
I have no idea why I would want one. I guess I will find out…

Because everybody should own a .357 revolver. Or 18.

My favorite pistol cartridge. Good choice.

heretohunt 06-01-2022 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck (Post 4527225)
Because everybody should own a .357 revolver. Or 18.

My favorite pistol cartridge. Good choice.

That’s good to hear. I think I bought it from your favourite gun store too.

Mulehahn 06-01-2022 05:24 PM

Not sure was a protest we much as the push I needed to get it done. I said screw the budget immediately following the announcement; ordered a MKIV Lite, a cattleman in 357 to go with my levers and that notorious POS Glock.*

**But in my defense my 9mm Carbine takes Glock mags so I wanted a pistol to match. My Shadow is still my go to.