Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum

Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/index.php)
-   Fishing Discussion (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Stocked ponds near Pincher Creek (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showthread.php?t=396969)

MaxxiD 03-24-2021 12:27 PM

Stocked ponds near Pincher Creek

Heading down Pincher Creek for Easter long weekend. Anyone have any advice on any stocked ponds (or non-stocked ponds), to ice fish (or open water fish, I dont know what the conditions are like down that way)

My sincerest appreciation in advance

pinelakeperch 03-24-2021 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MaxxiD (Post 4351748)
Heading down Pincher Creek for Easter long weekend. Anyone have any advice on any stocked ponds (or non-stocked ponds), to ice fish (or open water fish, I dont know what the conditions are like down that way)

My sincerest appreciation in advance

My favourites in the Pincher area are Beaver Mines (rainbows and the odd bull) and Butcher (brookies). It's been quite warm, but I'm guessing that there might be enough ice. I'd wait for someone more in the know to comment on that.

Hold onto your hat though, the wind can get quite strong.

MaxxiD 03-24-2021 03:51 PM

Sorry for all the duplicate posts. We can make this one the main one though

MaxxiD 03-24-2021 04:02 PM

Sorry for all the duplicate posts. We can make this one the main one though

MaxxiD 03-24-2021 07:44 PM

Anybody been to Beaver Mines, Lee's or Beauvais lately?

lannie 03-24-2021 09:48 PM

Go to Lee lake.

Scott N 03-25-2021 04:21 AM

I was looking at some recent satellite photos, Beauvais appeared to have some open water in parts of the lake. While Lee and Beaver Mines still appeared to have ice, use extreme caution because over the last week, many lakes in Southern Alberta have become ice free. With warmer weather on the weekend, it's possible the ice will be gone soon.

MaxxiD 03-25-2021 05:00 AM

Quote:

Go to Lee lake.
I found a report on Angler Atlas and Lee is open water! Any tips on fishing there?

TROLLER 03-25-2021 08:19 AM

Hook, bait go fishn and find out.

MaxxiD 03-25-2021 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TROLLER (Post 4352026)
Hook, bait go fishn and find out.

Attaboy

TROLLER 03-25-2021 02:26 PM

Most find out about a fishing spot by trial and error. Seems you do not believe in that old fashion way

Go fishing, trial and error that is the fun part if you have not yet figured that out.

As a good fly fisherman once told me "you have to learn to hunt the fish" And that comes from getting out and finding the spot your self. Not too difficult to do especially on a small body of water like Lee's.

pinelakeperch 03-25-2021 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MaxxiD (Post 4351979)
I found a report on Angler Atlas and Lee is open water! Any tips on fishing there?

I've never been to Lee, but these are fairly small stocked ponds, so you can't go wrong with any spot that holds deep enough water. Bait on the bottom or casting small spoons, cranks, spinners, etc. will work.

lannie 03-25-2021 08:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MaxxiD (Post 4351979)

I would be going to the west end of the lake. It's the deepest part and where I have found the most success. If you go when its hot you may see some western painted turtles too.

MaxxiD 03-26-2021 07:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lannie (Post 4352443)
I would be going to the west end of the lake. It's the deepest part and where I have found the most success. If you go when its hot you may see some western painted turtles too.

Oh sweet. Thanks for the info. Turtles are cool haha

WayneChristie 03-26-2021 12:25 PM

any luck?
any luck?
any luck?
any luck? :bad_boys_20:

WayneChristie 03-26-2021 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lannie (Post 4352443)

I hadnt heard about Turtles in there, I do know where they are in Lethbridge though, a lot of them! I always keep my eyes peeled on the Oldman to see if any make it down my way, I wouldnt be surprised if there were a few.