Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum

Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/index.php)
-   Hunting Discussion (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Guided Canadian Hunts - Discounted Due to Covid (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showthread.php?t=385450)

bobwayzie 08-03-2020 12:17 AM

Where does one find this outfitter tags for sale?

tikka250 08-03-2020 12:45 AM

Figured I'd add to this thread for people looking for hunts. Lucky lake adventures in sask is offering up local crane and duck hunts. I have been there for the crane hunts and can say there is nowhere I have seen yet that rivals the crane numbers he has down there
"I have opening September 2/3, 8/9, 10/11 and 12/13. This is a guided only hunt, consisting of a morning crane hunt with the option of adding afternoon ducks.

Hunters are responsible for accommodations, meal and bird cleaning. I am opening up our sizable yard for guys to bring their campers or 5th wheels(no hook ups).

The cost of the hunt is $250 for the morning cranes and $150 for afternoon ducks. I can't guarantee limit out opportunities on cranes, but every group that has done this hunt has limited out. (306)858-7309."

35 whelen 08-03-2020 06:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobwayzie (Post 4212373)
Where does one find this outfitter tags for sale?

Only one place Alberta Professional Outfitters Association or contact the Outfitter directly

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

bobwayzie 08-03-2020 07:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 35 whelen (Post 4212387)
Only one place Alberta Professional Outfitters Association or contact the Outfitter directly

Thanks

runnin'wild 08-04-2020 03:28 PM

Just had an outfitter email me that apparently they can now offer hunts to Alberta residents both this year and next as per the new regulations they were given, not sure if that will help a few of you have been waiting for a draw forever.

35 whelen 08-04-2020 03:41 PM

There could be a little bit of demand but I don't see a whole lot , people that are out of work don't have the money this year and the people that have the money have always had some money for these hunts. I don't know how many Outfitters would want to give their moose and Whitetail spots away to Residence, hopefully the good Outfitters make it through this.

Scruffee 08-04-2020 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brendan's dad (Post 4212370)
The BC Mountain Goat hunt for $8500 looks really good. Probably never see that price again

I'm trying VERY hard not to jump on this, seriously. My wife doesn't mind and I have the money, if it were sheep, I'd be calling credit card in hand now! I know I will regret not jumping on this but I was also given the green light to spend that next year so...

Dean2 08-04-2020 06:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scruffee (Post 4213359)
I'm trying VERY hard not to jump on this, seriously. My wife doesn't mind and I have the money, if it were sheep, I'd be calling credit card in hand now! I know I will regret not jumping on this but I was also given the green light to spend that next year so...

Seriuosly, do this one while u can, you never know what next year will bring. On top of that u have 12 months to save up again so u are actually ahead of the game if next year works out great.

Scruffee 08-04-2020 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dean2 (Post 4213364)
Seriuosly, do this one while u can, you never know what next year will bring. On top of that u have 12 months to save up again so u are actually ahead of the game if next year works out great.

My wife would like to have a chat with you... lol

I know, my hunting season is looking great, even between Saskatchewan and Manitoba. To be honest, I'd rather invest that 8500$ on several smaller hunts, than one big one, unless it's sheep, then I'm in for sure! haha

marky_mark 08-05-2020 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scruffee (Post 4213365)
My wife would like to have a chat with you... lol

I know, my hunting season is looking great, even between Saskatchewan and Manitoba. To be honest, I'd rather invest that 8500$ on several smaller hunts, than one big one, unless it's sheep, then I'm in for sure! haha

Do the goat hunt. It will be better than multiple cheaper hunts