Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum

Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/index.php)
-   Archery Discussion (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Pop Up Blind Recommendation (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showthread.php?t=424643)

ab_hunter 08-22-2023 10:48 AM

Pop Up Blind Recommendation

Hi there,

Would someone be able to recommend a pop up blind that they have used for archery before and liked? I need something fairly small as the spot I would like to put it requires a smaller blind. It will be for 1 archer only.

Appreciate any opinions.

Thanks

nsmitchell 08-22-2023 04:34 PM

Not too Small

Be careful that you don't get too small a blind. If you are shooting a vertical bow you'll need the head room to draw and shoot. If crossbow you can go pretty small. I use the Cabelas XL blinds and they have plenty of room.

Frank_NK28 08-22-2023 04:58 PM

I would highly reccomend the Altan insulated hunting blind. I bought one last year after using uninsulated blinds the previous 4 seasons and the difference in temp inside even without a heater is night & day. I am going to be buying another to replace my two uninsulated blinds and getting rid of the uninsulated models.

Salavee 08-29-2023 04:41 PM

Baronette ground blind

Baronett has one called BIG MIKE .Biggest I have seen.

antler1 11-07-2023 03:25 PM

Browning blinds are good

The blinds made for Browning and once sold by Cabelas are good ones. Fairly roomy and great silent adjustable windows. Ive been using two and they work well. Easy to put up and take down.

Redneck Renagade 11-22-2023 01:45 PM

I picked up 2 ameristep blinds from Walmart for $40 a piece:sHa_shakeshout:. They were on clearance Great for bow or rifle hunting

Irina 11-24-2023 07:51 AM

I like my extra large ameristep blind

Gun 11-24-2023 07:32 PM

I bought a Tidewe about a month ago on Amazon. I've only used it once so far. I like it. It has see thru perforated panels on three sides which is really nice. Magnetic close tabs on the door. No noisy or stuck zippers.

I made some wall extensions with 2x6's and old door hinges to gain some height. I also made some longer stake pins that go thru the corner loops down the hinges and into the ground.

Black Friday sale for $40 off right now. I paid $179

Dogmatixx 12-09-2023 01:34 AM

Are you just using it for archery or rifle and crossbow as well? packing it 5 miles up the panther river? Or 10 min from the truck in strathacona county? id packing it in skip it, get a hand saw and make one out of spruce and aspen bows. 20 min from the truck I recommend ameristep, their pole systems are pretty robust and can handle the weather. dig a hole in the ground 12” deep if you need height clearance from the roof to stand and draw a bow. Use rubber gloves when you set it up and when touching the zippers…keeps the scent down.