Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum

Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Coffee with your local NDP representative (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showthread.php?t=309459)

Dacotensis 12-08-2016 03:58 PM

Coffee with your local NDP representative

Given the opportunity to meet at a coffee shop with your local NDP member of the legislature, what serious questions would you have for that person

There is an opportunity in Sherwood park on Saturday..

Keep it good and serious.

rugatika 12-08-2016 04:07 PM

I'd ask them if they thought now was a good time to be increasing taxes on Albertans who are already hurting.

Bergerboy 12-08-2016 04:08 PM

I would ask "Would your political beliefs change if you had to get a job and contribute to society?"

Newellknik 12-08-2016 04:09 PM

Good and serious !

Make sure he understands that anti oil stance is going
To bite them on the ass. Last week at the Chiefs meeting
Down east , many chiefs came out against the so called
Eco gang . Apparently the no work in the oil business
Natives are starving to death ....He knows and you know
Dippers blow with the wind . Just keep track of how many
times he talks about his values and what the people want .
Wear rubber boots .....take notes and good luck .

Soulcousin 12-08-2016 04:27 PM

I would tell them, "Stop! You've done enough! Take the next 2.5 years off! I beg of you!!"

Hmmmm maybe I should write a Holiday Letter :test:

skidderman 12-08-2016 04:48 PM

1) How do you expect a carbon tax to reduce emissions?
2) Seeing that Alberta has very low emissions what do you expect the outcome to be?
3) Is the carbon tax not just another form of taxation? i.e. instead of a sales tax.
4) Are windmills not an eye sore & what will we do for power when there is no wind?
5) What are you going to do with the 10,000 lost jobs once coal is shut down?
6) Seeing that many Albertan's lost their jobs & or had to take wage reductions what is your government doing to do the same?
7) Why are you not promoting/incenting business rather than seemingly destroying it?

I can't believe I did that without swearing!!!!!!

purgatory.sv 12-08-2016 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Newellknik (Post 3410494)
Make sure he understands that anti oil stance is going
To bite them on the ass. Last week at the Chiefs meeting
Down east , many chiefs came out against the so called
Eco gang . Apparently the no work in the oil business
Natives are starving to death ....He knows and you know
Dippers blow with the wind . Just keep track of how many
times he talks about his values and what the people want .
Wear rubber boots .....take notes and good luck .

This.:)

2 Tollers 12-08-2016 05:00 PM

1. Can you please provide a copy of the NDP business case on the move from coal to renewable energy that shows the costs to Albertans each year over the next ten years.

2. Why did you deny cancelling the water bomber contract just before the Ft Mc fire?

3. What are you doing to bring health care in line with other provinces for wait times vs cost of service delivery?

4. Why are you forcing municipalities and post secondary to pay carbon tax? You are aware that these costs will just be passed on to the rate payer.

5. Why does your party not pay back the $5M used for advertising that the auditor said should not have been used?

6. If the threshold for listening to people is 1000 complaints on door to door salesmen which drives the NDP to take action why did you ignore so many more people that signed up against bill 6 and other items your team has brought forward.

7. Please provide the detailed analysis for wind turbines that show the carbon offset including the manufacture, shipment and assembly. Have this mapped to the electrical payback which will also factor in maintenance costs and an estimate for down time.

8. Can you provide the criteria for selection of projects that will be undertaken under either the green energy fund or the climate change fund?

9. How many staff have been hired that are from outside the province that have ties to the NDP and what is the total salary that the taxpayers are covering for this group?

10. Why is it ok and important for NDP - MLA's to drive big SUV's and trucks for personal safety yet we are being advised to make choices to more economical means of transportation -- ie smaller cars.

Do you need more ?

From The Hip 12-08-2016 05:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2 Tollers (Post 3410535)
1. Can you please provide a copy of the NDP business case on the move from coal to renewable energy that shows the costs to Albertans each year over the next ten years.

2. Why did you deny cancelling the water bomber contract just before the Ft Mc fire?

3. What are you doing to bring health care in line with other provinces for wait times vs cost of service delivery?

4. Why are you forcing municipalities and post secondary to pay carbon tax? You are aware that these costs will just be passed on to the rate payer.

5. Why does your party not pay back the $5M used for advertising that the auditor said should not have been used?

6. If the threshold for listening to people is 1000 complaints on door to door salesmen which drives the NDP to take action why did you ignore so many more people that signed up against bill 6 and other items your team has brought forward.

7. Please provide the detailed analysis for wind turbines that show the carbon offset including the manufacture, shipment and assembly. Have this mapped to the electrical payback which will also factor in maintenance costs and an estimate for down time.

8. Can you provide the criteria for selection of projects that will be undertaken under either the green energy fund or the climate change fund?

9. How many staff have been hired that are from outside the province that have ties to the NDP and what is the total salary that the taxpayers are covering for this group?

10. Why is it ok and important for NDP - MLA's to drive big SUV's and trucks for personal safety yet we are being advised to make choices to more economical means of transportation -- ie smaller cars.

Do you need more ?

That is a grand slam home run Babe Ruth style.....but do you seriously think an NDP MLA would answer those factual questions?

FTH

Dacotensis 12-08-2016 05:54 PM

This is good stuff.

The member is Annie Mckintrick.
She's a lifer at the trough in her golden years now.

I honestly never thought Strathcona county would vote this way.

She advertised in the paper that she is having an open coffee session at social grounds coffee place.

I recommend you guys come.
Flood the place with people who will take turns hammering her with these questions.
Then when you're done you can go down the road to Phoenix range and blast some paper to let out your frustrations from the lack of answers.

Dacotensis 12-08-2016 05:57 PM

https://www.assembly.ab.ca/net/index...mber=78&leg=29

crunchiespg 12-08-2016 06:09 PM

I spoke to my local dumb idiot ndp MLa.
All he could do was keep answering my questions with links to pembina institute articles.

skidderman 12-08-2016 06:42 PM

The real number one question would be this:

Although I wish to ask questions it would appear that no matter what Albertan's think you are going to do what you want anyway. So please tell me why I should exert myself to ask questions.

Now I need to go beat my head on a cement wall!!!

ETOWNCANUCK 12-08-2016 06:53 PM

What would you do to ensure Albertans voted you in for a second term?

Given the current dissatisfaction with the NDP they would have to really have one hell of a platform in 2019

RolHammer 12-08-2016 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dacotensis (Post 3410581)
She's a lifer at the trough in her golden years now.

Actually, I think this might be her first foray into politics.

Redfrog 12-08-2016 07:01 PM

Doesn't matter. If you have watched question period you already know there are no answers.

I'd ask if they knew what happened to bad boys and girls. It has something to do with stockings and coal, lots of extra coal.:thinking-006:

Dewey Cox 12-08-2016 08:13 PM

If you had to write a resume right now, what would you list as useful skills?

KGB 12-08-2016 09:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dewey Cox (Post 3410723)
If you had to write a resume right now, what would you list as useful skills?

And WE HAVE A WINNER HERE!!!!!!!!!:sHa_shakeshout:

Newview01 12-08-2016 09:25 PM

As soon as Shannon Phillips hosts a coffee session I'll go. She seems to be one of the main agenda pushers.

Redfrog 12-08-2016 09:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Newview01 (Post 3410792)
As soon as Shannon Phillips hosts a coffee session I'll go. She seems to be one of the main agenda pushers.

She's certainly a disappointment. Well........... actually, without exception they all are.

Tactical Lever 12-08-2016 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dacotensis (Post 3410585)

Hmm... Well she seems like she might be a nice lady; but I believe her main number one problem is she never seemed to have any kind of "producing" job.

So she sits back looking down her nose and wondering why we just all don't pay a measly 100 K for a nice renewable power system for our homes.

That's a lot of years of not knowing where anything comes from!

Dacotensis 12-09-2016 12:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tactical Lever (Post 3410817)
Hmm... Well she seems like she might be a nice lady; but I believe her main number one problem is she never seemed to have any kind of "producing" job.

So she sits back looking down her nose and wondering why we just all don't pay a measly 100 K for a nice renewable power system for our homes.

That's a lot of years of not knowing where anything comes from!

Exactly what I was thinking buddy.

It looks like most of her "work" income was derived from some type of public funding.

tchammer 12-09-2016 11:52 AM

Do you really think the chant "lock her up!" was that big of a deal considering the direct result of her and your governments decisions is going to be the total decimation of at least two rural towns economies?

raab 12-09-2016 01:26 PM

Ask her what someone in the Oil and Gas or Coal industries should tell their kids in regards to why they won't be getting anything for Christmas?

Also ask her what they should be told in regards to why they lost their home, and vehicles?

Another one why does your government seem content on attacking workers in these sectors, but still hasn't cut one job in the public sector?

Last one, your government promised to increase the number of long term care hospital beds in the province to reduce hospital wait times. How many have been built? Also how much has your government set aside to continue building long term care beds in the near future? How many do you expect will be built before your mandate is up in 2019?

dmcbride 12-09-2016 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tchammer (Post 3411259)
Do you really think the chant "lock her up!" was that big of a deal considering the direct result of her and your governments decisions is going to be the total decimation of at least two rural towns economies?

IMO the lock her up comment wasn't out of line. Politicians should be locked up when they introduce new taxes that weren't in there platform.