Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum

Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/index.php)
-   Fly-Fishing Discussion (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/forumdisplay.php?f=101)
-   -   Looking for a Fly Fishing Partner Thread...etc (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showthread.php?t=164906)

jts1 05-03-2016 12:04 PM

Let's go.

Looks like I have the next week free. Looking to get out as much as I can. Clearwater. Dog pound. Fallen Timber. Bullshead. Open to anything.

swifthunter 05-10-2016 04:05 PM

Looking for help in Leduc

I got a fly rod last year and having trouble getting the fly fishing game figured out. If anyone wants to help a newby, I've got a couple kayaks that we could fish out of. Also where's a good place to get some new flies?

Holy Grounds Coffee 05-10-2016 05:49 PM

Hey all just thought I'd put this out there. Looking for a fly fishing partner as none of my friends or family fly fish and its getting a bit lonely on those long hikes to remote lakes :P Looking for someone similar in age as well (19) guy or gal doesn't matter. Shoot me a PM if interested.

hayze17 05-13-2016 01:30 PM

Grande Prairie Area Flyfishers

Looking to get out in the grande prairie area after june 1 when streams are open and do some flyfishing. Anyone looking for someone to join them for a day trip on the water PM me.

P-Dog Blaster 06-06-2016 07:54 PM

fly fishing partner

Is it too late to put my name in the hat for a fly fishing partner? I am in sherwood park , i dont have any experience, i do have my own gear..i am up for early morning runs ...

TNF-a 06-08-2016 12:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by P-Dog Blaster (Post 3248685)
Is it too late to put my name in the hat for a fly fishing partner? I am in sherwood park , i dont have any experience, i do have my own gear..i am up for early morning runs ...

I'm in the same boat so to speak. I'm in DT Edmonton, have the next two weeks off and was thinking about doing some shore casting around the parks or even as far out as Gibbons.

Robins36 06-12-2016 06:38 PM

Anyone want to go fish the Ram Saturday June 18?

A couple of us forum members are doing a day trip on the South Ram on Saturday June 18. Anyone want to join us? We have a spot picked out and we will make a full day of it. Pm me!

Visiononeill 06-17-2016 08:45 PM

Looking for fishing buddy

Just looking to see if there are any other guys (or gals) looking for some company on the water. I'm into the bow, the crow, the highwood, sheep, etc. Basically any moving water in southern alberta. If there's anyone into that, let me know. I"ll show you mine, if you show me yours.......
(Fishing holes I mean. don't be gross). :p

#1son 06-19-2016 11:40 AM

I'm open to a fly fishing buddy joining me for a 2-3 day trip on the Berland River from June 27-30. Must have a quad.

Xiph0id 06-22-2016 05:52 PM

Heading to freeman river for the weekend.

Camping, fishing, shooting and a bit of evening whiskey.

Anyone interested?

Xiph0id 06-27-2016 12:29 PM

Looking for hike in fishing trips on Mountain rivers in the NSR drainage system.

2-3 day hike in trips.
Anyone interested?

Cdiegomcduff 06-27-2016 03:45 PM

Hiking into the backcountry Wed June 29

Looking for a pal to go into the bush on Wed June 29. A deep day trip, start early and have a good day tossing streamers and dry flying. Bear country for sure, not trying to bring you along to buy me some time if yogi decides to charge haha. Just a pal to fish with, my dog is great but its a bit of a one sided conversation. PM me

Cdiegomcduff 06-27-2016 03:48 PM

I live in Calgary, heading South.

italk2u 06-28-2016 06:07 PM

Eastern slopes

Heading out tomorrow for two days on the Prairie and then the North ram.
You'll find me at the Strachan campground.

ariverrunsthroughit 19 07-06-2016 02:51 AM

Fishing partner

Hey. If anyone's looking for a fly fishing partner in Edmonton, send me a pm. I don't drive, but will/can split fuel costs. I have fly fished for 8-9 years, and willing to help out people new to fly fishing. Thanks!

ORVIS 07-09-2016 06:52 AM

Red deer area

Is there any red deer area fisherman on here willing to get out?

antoniomiller 07-26-2016 04:23 AM

I think it’s a good idea!! Great way to get out and meet new people and places.

jgmcleod 07-26-2016 11:58 AM

For Visiononeill
I like to Fly Fish and willing to show you all the different place I know, which is most of Southern Alberta. Only one thing I do not have a vehicle, I am willing to split expenses. I am 53 and on disability, but I'm still able to get around fine. If you are interested you can email me at jgmcleod@live.ca, that makes it easier for myself. If fished the Crow, the Old Man, the Bow, some of the Red Deer. along the Mountains down to the border.
Anyway I know this is late and you might already have enough buddies, but I am available most of the time. James

bhobson 08-10-2016 01:59 PM

Day Trip from Edmonton

Thinking of a daytrip Monday, Aug 15th. Depending on weather would like to try upper McLeod. If that does not work would try Freeman

fsa313 08-11-2016 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xiph0id (Post 1812880)
I know its way too early I'm thinking we should have a sticky in the sub-category. As most people know fly fishing partners are a bit tougher to find and some fly fisherman can be more selective.

What do you all think?

I would like to hook up with a new trout fishing partner. My old one moved to Nanaimo. I’m 80 years old, fly tier and fly fisher for 73 years. I live near Stony Plain.
Author of Northern Alberta Trout Lakes. https://myalbum.com/album/TKiLsxkxRwyR.
I no longer have a boat, waders or a float tube so my one need in a partner is a two-person boat. I’m fit enough to help with the boat, rowing and well enough fixed to go 50/50 on all expenses.
neilstuartsutherland@gmail.com or (780)963-7357

fsa313 08-11-2016 10:57 PM

New fishing buddy

I would like to hook up with a new trout fishing partner. My old one moved to Nanaimo. I’m 80 years old, fly tier and fly fisher for 73 years. I live near Stony Plain.
I am the author of Northern Alberta Trout Lakes. https://myalbum.com/album/TKiLsxkxRwyR.
I no longer have a boat, waders or a float tube so my one need in a partner is a two-person boat. I’m fit enough to help with the boat, rowing and well enough fixed to go 50/50 on all expenses.
neilstuartsutherland@gmail.com or (780)963-7357

Silverfoxcalgary 08-20-2016 06:02 PM

Looking for a fishing buddy

I moved to calgary last year and looking for a friend or more to go out fishing.
Just picked up a pontoon boat and would like to try it out ,before trying it on the bow.

CF8889 08-22-2016 03:34 PM

Just moved to Calgary. Still learning the art of fly fishing, but I've got all my own gear/truck/weekends off. Looking for anyone that wants to get out and spend some time on the rivers!

stein 09-06-2016 07:07 PM

Would like to float the bow in my 2 person pontoon. Thinking bowness to the zoo after work during the week should be a good float with less weeds than below the city. Lemme know if youre interested! my pontoon will fit in the back of a car (basically 2 hockey bags)
:happy0180:

2STROKE 11-25-2016 01:49 PM

the long haul

I have posted here without much previous success so here goes,

i am looking for fly fisher, trout bum, adventure seekers that are keen on the adventure trips. a day on the red deer is great, but SUP fishing a jungle river for 4ft snook and tarpon the size of you is exhilarating. spending 9 hrs cutting trails and hauling jon boats into pike lakes is rewarding

fly in raft out trips, remote pike fishing trips, hike in lakes and obscure rivers are my local passion and winter salt water trips are becoming an addiction.

i have a rough plan of a week in the florida everglades in january and a bahamas trip in march. all DIY as its much more of a challenge and rewarding.
(and $900 CAD for 8hrs of guided fishing is above me)(nothing against guides)

think river monsters without the budget

anyway i wont blab on here. if you're interested let me know

thanks
Colin

mihai.bunda 01-05-2017 10:39 AM

Hi everyone!

This is my first post... so here goes....

I am 25 years old and last year was my first year fly fishing, caught a couple of trout on the bow. I have so much to learn and I would love to go with someone that can teach me a thing or two. Or if you need a person to row i can also do that!

Thanks and let me know! :)

Aqr8 03-01-2017 12:12 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Hi. I have 2 boats. One for shallow and one for lakes. Looking for a fishing partners who are beginners or seasoned fisherman to either do some trawling, fly fishing, spin casting in different spots of the bow and lakes.

Let's meet up for a coffee or beer and exchange some stories and tips then make some plans

Aqr8 03-01-2017 12:13 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Hi. I have 2 boats. One for shallow and one for lakes. Looking for a fishing partners who are beginners or seasoned fisherman to either do some trawling, fly fishing, spin casting in different spots of the Bow and lakes.

I'd consider myself a beginner because there's so much to learn.

Let's meet up for a coffee or beer and exchange some stories and tips then make some plans.

fallen1817 05-01-2017 02:27 PM

Hey all,

I live Northwest of Edmonton (10 mins East of Onoway) and I'll be looking for some evening trips in the area, most likely Muir or NSR. I'm new to fly fishing, so if anyone wants to take a newbie out, I'd love to go. I work in NW Edmonton (118 Ave and 142 St), and I'm usually off work around 430-5.

Let me know if you'd like to get out with a young buck who is eager to learn!

Jeff

Porto 05-25-2017 12:50 PM

Hello

Looking to do a float on the red deer river from the dam. I have experience floating the Bow with ease and convenient on my 16' Fiberglass drift boat for 5 years now. Looking for someone with experience on the oars to share the float. Giving both of us a chance at fishing on and off through out the day. Also by having two vehicles we can shuttle each other..When conditions are good on the river, I'm ready to go..

If anyone interested please PM

Thanks
Porto