Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum

Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Scheer to step down (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showthread.php?t=373677)

Geraldsh 12-12-2019 09:13 PM

Who?

As possible leader - global news included Mark Mulroney on the list...what has he ever done?

Grizzly Adams 12-12-2019 09:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Geraldsh (Post 4073502)
As possible leader - global news included Mark Mulroney on the list...what has he ever done?

It seems we're reduced to picking our leaders by name recognition, the electorate has been dumbed down to that level. :D

Grizz

rcmc 12-12-2019 09:17 PM

Quote:

What had Justin ever done before he was elected ?

KGB 12-12-2019 11:01 PM

Quote:

Does he have nice hair? Cool socks? :sHa_shakeshout:

KegRiver 12-13-2019 02:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saskbooknut (Post 4073461)
Canada pretty much gets the politicians it deserves.
Few are engaged in the process, despite all the chatter.
Most voters are happy to be bought with their own money.
We rarely vote for policies, usually vote someone out when their dogma gets too stale to stomach, or their sense of entitlement trips them up.
That Scheer couldn't defeat a lame duck like Trudeau speaks volumes about the incompetence of the party machinery behind him, in addition to his lack of substance.

Sad, but altogether too true.

KegRiver 12-13-2019 02:23 AM

Quote:

Simply this, he is part of the media. That's more then enough to get him elected.

It got Trudope elected. Now that he has worn out his welcome they need another insider to fill the gap, enter stage left, Brian Baloney reborn.
The cycle repeats.

Drewski Canuck 12-13-2019 10:30 AM

Who needs another leader from Quebec? THE PARTY THAT WANTS TO FORM THE GOVERNMENT!!!

I was contacted by Laurie Hawn in regards to who I would support. I explained in GREAT DETAIL who it had to be: Bernier and not Scheer.

I explained in GREAT DETAIL that there had to be some seats won in Quebec to form a majority.

Laurie Hawn would not agree with me, but he can now agree that there was a better choice if the Party was to form the Government.

Hindsight is like that.

However, this is about Second Chances. And it may come very Quick.

All the NDP Bloc Conservatives have to do is get a few Liberals to cross the floor. then the scene is set.

All that has to happen is a few By elections be lost by the Liberals, and the scene is set.

All that has to happen is the US Shock Ad Consultants be fired, and a new strategy be adopted.

All the Back Room Boys have to do is get their heads out of their GLasses and see the bigger picture.

But they better find another Boy from Baie Comeau in a hurry.

Drewski

CDNOutdoorsman 12-13-2019 11:29 AM

As much as some would like Rempel to run, SHE DOESNT SPEAK FRENCH, so no point even mentioning her anymore.
Many keep pointing out how corrupt Sheer was in paying for kids schooling, Trudeau is corrupt (for many reasons)…. Here's a news flash folks, THEY ARE ALL CORRUPT. This is how politics work nowadays. Can anyone point out a politician that isnt corrupt or that some dirt wouldn't be dug up on them? Whether its locally, provincially or federally, THEY ARE ALL CORRUPT or they will be by the time their term is over... Its just how politics run nowadays...
Until something seriously happens to these dirt bags, whether its huge penalties/fines, jail, impeachment etc. nothing will change and likely in fact get worse because nothing happens to them... Hmmm come to think of it, isn't that the exact same thing with criminals in todays society...

honda610 12-13-2019 11:37 AM

Iam sure someone as intelligent as Rempel could learn to speak French. Hell turd cant speak english without stumbling and mumbling

Artist 12-13-2019 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saskbooknut (Post 4073461)
Canada pretty much gets the politicians it deserves.
Few are engaged in the process, despite all the chatter.
Most voters are happy to be bought with their own money.
We rarely vote for policies, usually vote someone out when their dogma gets too stale to stomach, or their sense of entitlement trips them up.
That Scheer couldn't defeat a lame duck like Trudeau speaks volumes about the incompetence of the party machinery behind him, in addition to his lack of substance.

That Sheer couldn't defeat Trudeau speaks more about the Canadian electorate than it does about either Sheer or the Conservative party. Enough of a majority of Canadian voters have moved so far left, that a "true" conservative is now unelectable in Canada.

NCC 12-13-2019 10:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Etownpaul (Post 4073398)
I'm also tired of career doctors performing my surgeries and career mechanics rebuilding my transmissions. They should all be a drama teacher for a few years first so they know how the world actually works. :thinking-006: What an illogical argument.

The Cons need someone who can win Ontario and Quebec, plain and simple. Alberta and Sask will vote for whoever they pick as a leader, that's a given. They need to win Ontario and Quebec to form government.

I have a strong dislike for career politicians like Ralph Goodale. Someone who has never worked a real job or paid real taxes shouldn't be creating government policies.

Bernier would be the current PM if he had won the Conservative leadership race.

I knew Scheer was done when he wasn't savvy enough to declare his dual citizenship before the Liberals outed him.

PartTimeHunter 12-13-2019 11:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Artist (Post 4073836)
That Sheer couldn't defeat Trudeau speaks more about the eastern Canadian electorate than it does about either Sheer or the Conservative party. Enough of a majority of Canadian voters have moved so far left, that a "true" conservative is now unelectable in Canada.

Fixed it for you :)

marxman 12-14-2019 06:43 AM

I knew Scheer would blow it yammering away about trudeau and the liberal all the time. We all heard all about the sins of trudeau smarter and more nuanced than Scheers version. I even saw when one interviewer actually asked about his platform without linking it to any kind of accusation and he took the opportunity to be blabbing about trudeau again before saying a few words about what the conservatives wouldn’t do in contrast to trudeau. I knew we were lost. Potential voters need better stuff than that. After the election he still didn’t get it

Mb-MBR 12-14-2019 08:36 AM

The executive director of the Conservative Party has been fired after approving the use of party funds to pay for the private schooling of Andrew Scheer’s children, sources tell Global News.
The Conservative Party is also now bringing in a forensic auditor to review spending arrangements by the Conservative Fund.
As Global News was the first to report on Thursday, Scheer resigned after news erupted within the party earlier this week that he had been getting reimbursed by donor money to pay for the cost of putting four of his five children in private school.
The fifth is not yet school-age.
READ MORE: Conservative Leader Andrew Scheer resigns, vows to stay on until new leader chosen
Dustin van Vugt, the executive director of the party who has now been fired, said on Thursday in a statement that he had approved the use of party funds to reimburse Scheer for the cost of his children's private schooling.
He said it was only a reimbursement of the difference between the cost of their schooling in Regina versus Ottawa.
But multiple Conservative sources told Global News that members of the Conservative Fund did not know about the arrangement and were furious to learn of it earlier this week, with many also worried about how the deal would look to voters.

Sounds like there were a select few that knew about the financial arrangement...maybe 2...!

Austin 12-14-2019 04:30 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I just received a Christmas card addressed to me from Hon. Andrew Scheer - the envelop marked; Leader of the Official Opposition. Must have been sent out before the announcement was made. Great pic of him and his family

Scott h 12-14-2019 07:30 PM

I'd bet a pretty good bottle of wine that Justin will be running (and losing) against Peter Mackay.:thinking-006:

MountainTi 12-14-2019 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scott h (Post 4074533)
I'd bet a pretty good bottle of wine that Justin will be running (and losing) against Peter Mackay.:thinking-006:

Pretty safe bet..

pinelakeperch 12-14-2019 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marxman (Post 4074166)
I knew Scheer would blow it yammering away about trudeau and the liberal all the time. We all heard all about the sins of trudeau smarter and more nuanced than Scheers version. I even saw when one interviewer actually asked about his platform without linking it to any kind of accusation and he took the opportunity to be blabbing about trudeau again before saying a few words about what the conservatives wouldn’t do in contrast to trudeau. I knew we were lost. Potential voters need better stuff than that. After the election he still didn’t get it

The “us vs them” shtick got old very quickly.

Flatlandliver 12-15-2019 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scott h (Post 4074533)

Underestimating Trudeau sure wasn’t a great strategy last time.
Should be a lesson in there somewhere.

skain11 12-16-2019 12:23 PM

Qualifications are clearly secondary in politics....It has to be Rona....named after a hardware store and married to a bull rider...:sHa_sarcasticlol:

abhunter8 12-16-2019 01:10 PM

From what I know and have learned, the party paying for the leaders kids schooling, is not a new revelation and makes a good story for the Liberal media to bash an outgoing Conservative leader. Does this happen on the Liberal side of the floor, absolutely!

Pierre Poilievre would be my choice. He is strong, well spoken, speaks French and cares about people. I like Michelle Rempel but as the Conservative leader and Prime minister candidate, I think she would be a disaster.

Redfrog 12-16-2019 01:55 PM

I've heard there are two reasons politics are such a mess......ignorance and apathy. Is it true??

I don't know and I don't care.:thinking-006:

KGB 12-16-2019 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flatlandliver (Post 4074730)
Underestimating Trudeau sure wasn’t a great strategy last time.
Should be a lesson in there somewhere.

He didn’t underestimate the turd, he underestimated the voters! It’s a bigger problem....

Mb-MBR 12-18-2019 03:53 PM

Jean Charest considering running for Conservative leadership, French speaker I believe, former premier of Quebec...…..

traderal 12-18-2019 06:32 PM

Actually it's starting to look like Freeland is being groomed to replace Justin, and probably before the next election. This should put even more pressure on the Conservatives to choose wisely.

Mulehahn 12-19-2019 01:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by traderal (Post 4076466)
Actually it's starting to look like Freeland is being groomed to replace Justin, and probably before the next election. This should put even more pressure on the Conservatives to choose wisely.

This ^

It is not about qualifications. It is about appearances. If the Conservatives want to win against the Liberals, especially Trudeau, they have to choose a woman. If they go up against either Trudeau or Freeland with another Old White Guy fhey will lose everytime. Not saying it is right. just the world we live in.

Mb-MBR 12-19-2019 06:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mulehahn (Post 4076612)
This ^

It is not about qualifications. It is about appearances. If the Conservatives want to win against the Liberals, especially Trudeau, they have to choose a woman. If they go up against either Trudeau or Freeland with another Old White Guy fhey will lose everytime. Not saying it is right. just the world we live in.

Conservative premiers in the west warmed up to Freeland on her most recent visits...…...likely an exploration visit for the Libs as they groom her to be shiny socks' replacement...…….he wont be around after a non confidence vote. Dont think a minority government has ever lasted full term......

graybeard 12-19-2019 08:59 AM

Pierre Poilievre

Keep an eye on this guy....The Libs see him and they hate him as he is so knowledgeable and aggressive...

He plays in the dirty part of the ice and he likes it....

Pierre Poilievre

Born, raised and educated in Calgary.....fully bilingual....

https://www.bing.com/search?q=conser...bd199107006124