Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum

Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/index.php)
-   Serengeti Fishing Charters (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/forumdisplay.php?f=74)
-   -   Merry Christmas & Looking Forward to 2021 Season (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showthread.php?t=392117)

Serengeti Charters 12-16-2020 04:52 PM

Merry Christmas & Looking Forward to 2021 Season

Merry Christmas to you all and your families!

While it won't be a completely normal Christmas for many, we hope that you get to see family and enjoy the holidays with those closest to you. We will be enjoying Christmas at the lodge this year, probably ATVing a lot during the day and movies and egg nog at night, so fairly low key while staying more secluded in Port Hardy. But being up here is allowing us to get a lot done around the lodge for the upcoming season and I'm betting the lodge is in the best shape it ever has been in the 2021 season. We have been making the best of these times with lots of fall hunting and fishing. Freezers are full of Alberta whitetail deer, mule deer, and even a moose. I also was able to do some sturgeon fishing on the Fraser River, catching 4 sturgeon all over 7ft long, what a rush. We have many guests who do that on their way up to fishing with us, if you need any suggestions on who to go with sturgeon fishing on the Fraser, let me know.

Assuming the border does open (looking very likely) we only have two dates left ALL season! And on top of that we have Dave Senior (4th boat) guiding a majority of the summer as well. So if you are thinking of a trip this summer let me know as soon as you can as we will be 100% full very shortly.

Halibut limits should be slightly better this upcoming season as it looks like we will have more poundage this season as a sector due to the lack of fishing pressure in 2020. Lingcod will be on fire as always, same with rockfish! Preliminary 2021 Chinook outlooks show an even better abundance than we had in 2020. Survival rates on fish outgoing in 2019 was very strong and "stream type" Chinook would of been leaving the rivers during that year as well so that bodes nicely for a strong 2021 Chinook salmon season. As per usual, the last half of May, June, and July are epic Chinook fishing with crazy action, with August usually being very good as well but more after the size large Chinook, and more Coho salmon around then as well. Doesn't matter when you come for lingcod, rockfish, or halibut, it is on fire all season and only incremental weather stops us from putting a pounding on them; heck, last year we had the worst 3 days in a row of weather I had ever seen and lingcod and rockfish limits were still caught with limits for halibut caught for almost all boats during that time as well. We know where to find the fish no matter what! Consistent fishing on great boats with great guides is what we are all about!

We really can't wait for the season already, I have been watching videos of the summer over and over again, and in the upcoming months be sure to watch Fishing The Wild West for our episodes from this past summer. Fishing June 1-3 with the show we were into 24 Chinook (King) salmon by 845am each day, literally double header after double header as you will see on the show. Jonah, Wes David, and myself had trouble keeping up with all the action. Epic fishing seen first hand. Excited to have Jonah back guiding for us again in 2021 as well.

If there are any questions I can answer for you please don't hesitate to ask. It's crazy how time flies and I can't believe in only a month we will already be doing our tackle orders. Looking forward to fishing with you all in 2021,

Tight Lines,
David Summers Jr
Serengeti Fishing Charters
www.serengetifishingcharters.com
1-888-281-2275

Serengeti Charters 12-22-2020 11:30 AM

Just to clarify, Albertans are more than allowed to travel to BC right now, had a few questions about that, and obviously will be free to and more than welcome in the summer as well.