Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum

Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   How are you dealing with Covid? Poll (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showthread.php?t=378556)

Map Maker 03-25-2020 08:41 PM

How are you dealing with Covid? Poll

So in my mind, i figure there are 3 types out there right now:
1. Full isolation - Avoiding all contact, Social distancing, no more than 1x per week to store

2. Modified Isolation - Doing roughly 50% of former activities but very diligent on handwashing, social distancing, but will go to stores for what they need

3. No Isolation - still going to work like before, still seeing friends/relatives as before, washing hands more but think it is overhyped.

4. none of the above

which are you?

Positrac 03-25-2020 08:42 PM

This is like a poll fail. Where’s the poll?

Map Maker 03-25-2020 08:43 PM

im slow
up now.
any quick edits?

CNP 03-25-2020 09:05 PM

I sent my surrogate out fishin' today

https://i.imgur.com/lrIT62w.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/n76bpUV.jpg

Positrac 03-25-2020 09:28 PM

Ok, I take it back. You’re just slow...

fordtruckin 03-25-2020 10:29 PM

I'm still working. I don't foresee that changing unless I get the virus. As law enforcement I'm deemed an essential service as is my wife who is a 911 Dispatcher. Business is slow but this time of year is generally significantly slower as Yellowstone is normally closed for the next month. With thee park closing indefinitely this could be a quiet summer. Right now Montana has 65 cases and my county has 24 of them. All my friends are first responders of some type. It is interesting listening to the EMS/Fire protocols vs Law Enforcement ones.

Dr. Phil A 03-25-2020 11:02 PM

Considered essential on a small team.

mrcrossbow 03-25-2020 11:07 PM

Full now as of last Friday I have zero need to go to any town for at lest a yr.

270person 03-25-2020 11:31 PM

Working. Haven't been this busy in 5 years

CaberTosser 03-26-2020 12:17 AM

Still working, people need running water for all that furious hand-washing washing after all. It has dropped my calls quite a bit for the previous week or so though, I think many were busy preparing to isolate and are adjusting to the new ‘normal’. One pub client instantly went out of business with an outstanding balance from work that’s not even two weeks old yet, so I hope he comes around on that .

The main thing that’s changed is how much I wind up washing everything that I used on a job. I find myself cleaning my tools and vehicle dash/ steering wheel/ shifter/ key fob/ cell phone case, etc a lot too. It’s going to add time to every job. I expect necessity service calls to continue, but ‘nice option’ work to decrease significantly. Many clients are going to be getting very frugal by necessity. With a few hotels, churches and community halls on my client roster I expect their work will drop significantly too, being as they’ll all be empty for the foreseeable future. Those hotels needed me quite regularly :(

My wholesaler doesn’t let clients in anymore, I either call from the parking lot or use the online ordering feature of their website

Kurt505 03-26-2020 12:26 AM

https://i.imgur.com/qgwkofn.jpg

Oh...... you know...... same ol’ same ol’, nothing out of the norm here....

tirebob 03-26-2020 07:03 AM

I am still keeping our shop open but we have stringent rules in place. The doors are locked and you are only allowed to enter after contacting us first and and we discuss how we will interact once in the business. We are not allowing multiple clients in at any given time so locked doors and sticking to dedicated times for interaction are keeping this in check. We do have signs on the door for people who still walk up that explains the situation and our contact number to call and if someone is in the area we ask them to remain outside in their vehicle until we are clear of previous clients before receiving them. Customers drive their own vehicle in and out and have the option of remaining in their vehicle or if they choose not to they must practice social distancing while waiting away from the employees and are being asked to remain in one place and avoid touching as many things as possible. Obviously if they are experiencing any symptoms we are telling them to not come in and stay home. We have hand sanitizer available for clients and we are wiping down with bleach etc and cleaning anything and everything within the area a customer has been if they choose not to remain in their cars, every single time the client leaves. We have disposable single use plastic bags over the handheld chip reader that we spray down with with sanitizer before use even though there are single use only, but we are encouraging interac e-transfer for anyone still concerned. We also have disposable gloves available for clients to wear as well while in store.

So far it has been working out fine and everyone has been respectful and does what we are demanding so as long as it continues like this, we will continue.

250mark1 03-26-2020 07:12 AM

on isolation with my family as the wife and i were down in chattanooga and atlanta for the nascar race that never happened
done with the isolation on saturday and then back to work on monday
as we are deemed an essential service
we have restricted all customers from coming in our buildings to limit contact
with people to protect our staff and customers

Bigwoodsman 03-26-2020 07:14 AM

I'm still working, but using caution, we have eliminated staff gatherings, and restricted many areas of our facility. Trucking is an essential service, and we are hauling lots of supplies for AHS on a daily basis. We provide service to communities throughout Alberta, NT, BC and YT. We also service all of Canada, however that business has fallen off because of COVID.

I shop for groceries at the neighbour hood grocery store. I've only ever seen 4 people in the entire store when I go there. I can get pretty much everything I need there so far. I'm lucky to have a local bakery and pharmacy as well. Social distancing isn't a problem for me at these locations.

BW

bat119 03-26-2020 07:21 AM

The wife and I have only been away from home twice in two weeks.
Made bird houses for the interval home until I ran out of cedar, loaded enough ammunition for the summer and maybe next. Sorted out my fishing gear respooled my rods, today's task is servicing the hubs on my utility trailer, trying to keep busy.

buckbrush 03-26-2020 07:42 AM

I’m still working. More precautions at work and very limited trips to the store. No other outings.

The wife and kids are home.

Excessive had washing all around but in the name of flattening the curve, I’m all for it.

Burro 03-26-2020 08:14 AM

Still working through all the madness.

javlin101 03-26-2020 08:29 AM

I work from home and live in a small town so not much change. However my GF's company is part of the essential services and will down size but stay open.

colroggal 03-26-2020 08:36 AM

Our company is seeing a dramatic drop in business - fuel delivery - but down east the grocery division is busier than ever. Many drivers have been transferred between divisions, but out here that's not an option. There have been a number of voluntary lay-offs.

My job in Sparwood continues as long as the mines stay open. Stringent isolation protocols are being observed as well as daily screening before entry. I'm pretty isolated at the hotel and the place has never been cleaner.

But because I am concerned about the possible transmission of the virus to the valley, I've pretty much stayed home on my days off. I get out for a jog every day and make only one trip to the grocery store for each rotation.

I'm definitely catching up on my reading list.

Colin

trailraat 03-26-2020 08:41 AM

Family is at home - I'm still working as our office hasn't closed (less than 20 people and maybe an essential service?). We've cancelled all external meetings and some people are working from home, but our technology needs make it difficult.

We don't go out except to get groceries once a week and for walks around the neighborhood.

catnthehat 03-26-2020 08:50 AM

Situation normal , not working these days anyway so I have been keeping myself busy loading ammo and trying to rearrange the garage - it's a losing battle until our landfill opens up again !:sHa_sarcasticlol:
Cat

EZM 03-26-2020 08:54 AM

Your surrogate is a better fisherman than you are!!!!

Stinky Buffalo 03-26-2020 09:02 AM

Working from home, Incredigirl is doing that as well. Thankful that we're both working.

With teenagers in the house, we go through a lot of food - so shopping can be a pain. Thankful for our extra fridge and freezer.

58thecat 03-26-2020 09:08 AM

I do what the law states and mandates.....

gunluvr 03-26-2020 09:19 AM

Still working but the fellow I work closely with got sent home yesterday because his girlfriend got symptoms. Hoping they're ok because they have 2 small kids at home.
Another fellow who works here coming back Monday after 14 days isolation. Tested negative.
Still got work to do but nothing new coming in. (Oilfield equipment manufacturer. )
Hoping to get my range membership renewed tomorrow so I can shoot a few rounds on the weekend.

Dick284 03-26-2020 10:00 AM

My work is without a doubt essential.
Actually I am responsible For and operate, what is deemed critical infrastructure.

If the rates of occurrence for this virus doesn’t begin to flatten, I suspect it will be some sort of on site accommodations for myself and my co-workers.

The Elkster 03-26-2020 10:12 AM

I'm working from home but in my spare time I go to the grocery store and lick random items. Saw it on the interweb and seems like low risk entertainment so WTH.

sewerrat 03-26-2020 10:30 AM

Working from home, I have scada on my phone so I can control the towns water and waste water system with it, but If something does go sideways I need to get out fix it/ investigate. So basically I'm on call 24/7

Other than that I bought a few supplies at the Co-op so I can finally repair , replace things on the garage that I have been putting off.

Redneck 7 03-26-2020 10:30 AM

Lost my job almost two weeks ago, wife doesn’t work but we just hang around our place. Been getting lots of projects done on the cabin and in my gun room. It’s nice having this time off, I’ve done a couple trips into town to get items or sell things. It’s weird not moving my truck for over a week, maybe going to get groceries in a couple days.

josey 03-26-2020 10:43 AM

Lucky to be able to work from home. For both of us. Not a huge adjustment we have done days here and there and now it's every day. We go to town once a week to buy some fresh veg and milk but other than that have everything at home that we need.
I love to save 2 hrs of commute for sure. Not so much that it's because of a virus that's dangerous. A bit worried about my parents in Europe.