Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum

Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   A real kick in the stones - truck stolen. (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showthread.php?t=327386)

Slash8 08-15-2017 09:27 AM

A real kick in the stones - truck stolen.

1 Attachment(s)
Took my wife out for our anniversary last night and some douche bag stole my truck. Talk about putting a damper on the evening, walked outside and BOOM! - Gone! They stole it out of Mr Mikes parking lot in Camrose between 6:15 and 7:00 pm last night. On the slim chance anyone sees it feel free to PM me at any time or call the police. The truck now has chrome rocker panel covers on it. Licence plate EFD-830. Many thanks.

Attachment 136568

bb356 08-15-2017 09:31 AM

bummer !!!

Scott N 08-15-2017 09:32 AM

crappy deal, not exactly the best way to celebrate a special evening.

waterninja 08-15-2017 09:35 AM

Very sorry to hear about your loss. Hope it is found soon with no damage. I'd hazard a guess as to where it will be found, but it would not be PC. What a bummer.Looks like a nice truck.

skidderman 08-15-2017 09:42 AM

They should hang thieves. Low life's capitalizing on hard working people. Looked like a nice truck. I hope things work out!!!!!

Ken07AOVette 08-15-2017 09:58 AM

Ah that sucks. Damn Ford and no chipped ignition. My 2000 dually was stolen in Revelstoke with 4 sleds in an enclosed trailer. We put a command start in that would not let the truck start without unlocking with the remote first, every time. Only had a 15 second window. I really hope you have good insurance. It took 3 months to get mine back in satisfactory conditiom.

neilsledder 08-15-2017 10:12 AM

That sucks! I think a thief can start a Ford truck without the keys faster then the owner can with the keys!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Okotokian 08-15-2017 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slash8 (Post 3603536)
between 6:15 and 7:00 pm

Man, that's some nerve!!!! Locked too?

Slash8 08-15-2017 10:55 AM

Yup, locked up tight. And two weeks before archery season opens.

bubba 96 08-15-2017 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slash8 (Post 3603536)
Took my wife out for our anniversary last night and some douche bag stole my truck. Talk about putting a damper on the evening, walked outside and BOOM! - Gone! They stole it out of Mr Mikes parking lot in Camrose between 6:15 and 7:00 pm last night. On the slim chance anyone sees it feel free to PM me at any time or call the police. The truck now has chrome rocker panel covers on it. Licence plate EFD-830. Many thanks.

Attachment 136568

Was our 18 yr anniversary as well last night... congrats

Talking moose 08-15-2017 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Okotokian (Post 3603580)
Man, that's some nerve!!!! Locked too?

https://youtu.be/3d1MCkkd0kg

Stinky Buffalo 08-15-2017 12:44 PM

Rotten scum.

Will be keeping an eye peeled for your truck!

play.soccer 08-15-2017 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Talking moose (Post 3603637)

wow lol that's brutally simple.

sweld 08-15-2017 01:07 PM

In revy couple years ago a guy had his ford stolen from the parking lot. Watched the security footage, took them 45 seconds. Have no idea how they did it but he had pulled the fuel pump fuse after he parked. He even showed it to us. My best guess is they had some device they plugged into the obd port to power it up.

Lefty 08-15-2017 05:16 PM

Will keep my eye open for it in case it heads west. I know of 3 trucks stolen from town here recently that were found. Two were found on roads near Wainwright out of gas, and the other was found in a chop shop in Edmonton.

Slash8 08-15-2017 07:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bubba 96 (Post 3603599)
Was our 18 yr anniversary as well last night... congrats

Oh nice, congrats to you as well.

gitrdun 08-15-2017 07:24 PM

Nasty way to end a dinner with your lady. I hope you get your truck back in good shape. :) Low life bastards that stole your truck anyways. :sign0176:

birdee 08-15-2017 08:39 PM

sorry to hear about your loss. hope the police are more helpfull than the edmonton police are.had my camper stolen and i found it not the police sold on varage and when i reported to them they asked me if i could give them a name WTF... that was april i'm still out my camper.
dam druggies :angry3:

jstubbs 08-15-2017 11:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sweld (Post 3603689)
In revy couple years ago a guy had his ford stolen from the parking lot. Watched the security footage, took them 45 seconds. Have no idea how they did it but he had pulled the fuel pump fuse after he parked. He even showed it to us. My best guess is they had some device they plugged into the obd port to power it up.

I'm apart of a Alberta stolen vehicles FB group, and every once in awhile someone posts the video of their truck (90% of the time it's an early 2000's F-Series) stolen, and you're right, takes the thief maybe at most two minutes from the time they walk up to the vehicle, to the time they take off. It's insane.

Sooner 08-16-2017 09:21 AM

Totally sucks. Hope it's found and was only used to go from A to B kinda thing. Cops need to do bait cars loaded with trackers. See where these vehicle go.

Stinky Buffalo 08-16-2017 09:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sooner (Post 3604270)
Hope it's found and was only used to go from A to B kinda thing.

Hope so too. Most of the time, the heavy-duty trucks are used either to pinch trailers, or to do smash-and-grab looting. Minivans get their seats tossed and become short-term muliewagons.

tullfan 08-16-2017 11:08 AM

Mini vans

Sorry to hear about your bad luck. As a once upon a time car audio guy, we used to use the cigerette lighter as a starter interlock. Plug it in car starts, leave it out no start.
As for the mini vans. Guys would cut the rear floor out. Then cut and weld the axles solid and install a lifting device, Now all they needed to do was back over most motorcycles with the rear door up, close door, lift and go. It was and still is a pretty slick setup. If you were into that sorta thing.
Tullfan

neilsledder 08-16-2017 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sweld (Post 3603689)

I remember seeing that on snow and mud

does it ALL outdoors 08-16-2017 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jstubbs (Post 3604082)
I'm apart of a Alberta stolen vehicles FB group, and every once in awhile someone posts the video of their truck (90% of the time it's an early 2000's F-Series) stolen, and you're right, takes the thief maybe at most two minutes from the time they walk up to the vehicle, to the time they take off. It's insane.

And usually with no theft deterrent whatsoever, mind boggling.

A simple alarm with starter kill can be installed for around $500, less than some deductibles. Sure they will get it if they really want it but a simple alarm will stop most crackheads and meth heads from joy riding it, anything you do helps.

Protect your stuff people, nobody else is going to do it for you.

OP, hope you get your rig back in one piece

Chuck_Wagon 08-16-2017 01:15 PM

I use all 3 of these on both my trucks:

- Jimmi' Jammer™ In-door lock protection.
http://www.aztrucks.com/images/redline/jj2.jpg

- brake lock.
http://cdn.nexternal.com/winnerintl/images/cl606app.jpg

- compustar alarm system
https://v2.staub.ca/assets/catalog/p...2w9000fm-r.jpg

Northern Bob 08-18-2017 02:20 AM

Oh crap, I just bought a 2001 F-350 Super Duty diesel three weeks ago. I had heard something about them being stolen fairly often, but had no idea they were that easy. I took it on vacation to Lake of the Woods in Ontario the day after I bought it, pulling my 20' Ranger boat. Now I'm feeling lucky someone didn't steal them both.

Slash8 08-18-2017 05:43 AM

**Update**

They found it yesterday and made an arrest. Some looser was sleeping in it, It had Newfoundland plates on it. They found it in South Edmonton. Its been gutted, no stereo, cb, monitoring system, programmer. I lost a rifle in the ordeal as well, it was locked up behind the back seat, gone. They tore all the fender flares and aluminum off of it, led light bar, cut a bunch of wires under the dash and so on. The back seat was full of food, baby items like a car seat and toys as well as blankets clothing and of course drug paraphernalia and addiction support info. Its all up to the adjusters now, fingers crossed that it can be fixed. Im not sure about he mechanical yet. it still needs to go to the shop for assessment. Thank you everyone for your comments and concerns.

Bushrat 08-18-2017 07:31 AM

I wouldn't want it back. Who knows what they did that isn't evident and what problems will turn up after its 'fixed'.

Trochu 08-18-2017 07:45 AM

Pretty sure it will be a write off.

I'm with Bushrat, it sucks, but I wouldn't want it back either.

sgill808 08-18-2017 08:02 AM

I feel bad for the kid whose car seat and toys were in there.