Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum

Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   New Castle Park Survey (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showthread.php?t=331537)

matt1984 10-16-2017 02:12 PM

New Castle Park Survey

There is another provincial survey out that everyone should take the time to fill out. Alberta parks is wanting to promote further commercial tourism developments in the Castle region"such as restaurants, hotels, and other tourism amenities". I somehow doubt that they pay much attention to public opinion but it's worth a shot.

For everyone that was in support of the Castle plan, I hope you are starting to see the true reasoning for all the changes going on down there. Next up: Porcupine Hills and Livingstone. Soon we can have 3 "Banff's" in Southern Alberta.

https://culturetourism.alberta.ca/to...rism-strategy/

silver lab 10-16-2017 02:59 PM

Oh boy! I bet they will get a good laugh at mine!..... Or phone the RCMP.

NUK SOO KOW 10-16-2017 03:07 PM

When notley was in Lethbridge mid September for the opening of cavendish farms, I found out that Phillips had a secret private dinner for 50 people at the UofL. The staff was sworn to secrecy however some staff were not Phillips/ndp/ castle park supporters. It was a meeting with investors and others about the development of the castle.
I have heard rumours of surveying going on in the area intersection of beaver mines lake and castle bridge.
The ndp and Phillips want to turn the castle into another waterton or Banff. Stores, hotels, bars, a mega year round resort at the ski hill.
The castle will never be the same. They have had this planned from the start.
Bye to random camping, hunting, atv/sleds. And fishing. They already want to shut down rivers in central Alberta.
And for ranchers if they think the cattle will be aloud in shannons park wake up.
Maybe we would get some people together and chain ourselves to construction equipment just like shannon did when she protested castle logging.

Newview01 10-16-2017 03:15 PM

Today I may have identified as someone who I do not always identify as. Said alter-identity has a lot more political sway than my standard identity.

Not that the survey is meant to actually change their minds. Purely an exercise.

matt1984 10-16-2017 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NUK SOO KOW (Post 3644996)
When notley was in Lethbridge mid September for the opening of cavendish farms, I found out that Phillips had a secret private dinner for 50 people at the UofL. The staff was sworn to secrecy however some staff were not Phillips/ndp/ castle park supporters. It was a meeting with investors and others about the development of the castle.
I have heard rumours of surveying going on in the area intersection of beaver mines lake and castle bridge.
The ndp and Phillips want to turn the castle into another waterton or Banff. Stores, hotels, bars, a mega year round resort at the ski hill.
Bye to random camping, hunting, atv/sleds. And fishing. They already want to shut down rivers in central Alberta.
And for ranchers if they think the cattle will be aloud in shannons park wake up.
Maybe we would get some people together and chain ourselves to construction equipment just like shannon did when she protested castle logging.

They are also offering support for entrepreneurs wanting to start a business in the area. Your Tax money hard at work. I'm hoping to hear from some of the Castle-Park supporters that claimed everyone who was against the park was throwing conspiracy theories around.

https://culturetourism.alberta.ca/to...repreneurship/

Jigger 10-16-2017 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by silver lab (Post 3644991)
Oh boy! I bet they will get a good laugh at mine!..... Or phone the RCMP.

Thats a big x2

Bighorn River 10-16-2017 08:12 PM

Wow there are some conspiracy theorists on here. I thought the other threads on here said the NDP were trying to exclude all people.

Remember before the Castle was protected it was all due to be logged. The environment will be better off and the region will make more money with a couple of tourism nodes.

I voted to direct any development to outside the park itself.

Newview01 10-16-2017 08:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bighorn River (Post 3645213)
Wow there are some conspiracy theorists on here. I thought the other threads on here said the NDP were trying to exclude all people.

Remember before the Castle was protected it was all due to be logged. The environment will be better off and the region will make more money with a couple of tourism nodes.

No, the threads very specifically pointed out that only a few user groups were being singled out and ignored.

AB2506 10-18-2017 05:40 PM

Quote:

Long term, it would have been better for the area to have been carefully logged, than preserved with no forest renewal (see Bow Valley in Banff).

Joe Black 10-18-2017 08:00 PM

Quote:

No, only exclude those that are not “ their people”

If you are from the region(which I doubt) hope you like souvenir shops.

lead chucker 10-18-2017 09:30 PM

Quote:

The castle could use a bit of controlled logging.theres a lot of fuel back there.and coming from someone that got evacuated this Sept it's a mess back there and scary

landowner 10-18-2017 10:51 PM

"Graze it , log it , or watch it burn "

Albertadiver 11-23-2017 01:22 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by NUK SOO KOW (Post 3644996)
want to turn the castle into another waterton or Banff. Stores, hotels, bars, a mega year round resort at the ski hill.

Well, it's happening! See attached....

https://www.albertaparks.ca/albertap...eek-area-2017/

Masterchief 11-23-2017 02:30 PM

So I'm a bit confused... I thought they were shutting the Castle down to protect the trees, creeks, animals, fish, etc. And now they are planning on developing it? Seems more damaging and backwards to me.

SLH 11-23-2017 02:39 PM

You were misinformed. The provincial park will surround the ski hill, and the parks department will do what they do "Develop"

What effect that has on the wildland park will yet be determined

Newview01 11-23-2017 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Albertadiver (Post 3674011)
Well, it's happening! See attached....

https://www.albertaparks.ca/albertap...eek-area-2017/

Thats impossible! Our provincial government would never mislead us!

That applies to all governments who have ever been in power.

Taco 11-23-2017 04:41 PM

https://i2.wp.com/gifrific.com/wp-co...oom=1.25&ssl=1

You slippery slope homo sapiens are something else.

Newview01 11-23-2017 06:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taco (Post 3674135)
https://i2.wp.com/gifrific.com/wp-co...oom=1.25&ssl=1

You slippery slope homo sapiens are something else.

Tell us how you really feel :)

But the writing is on the wall.

Taco 11-23-2017 07:39 PM

Reference my GIF if you would please.

ram crazy 11-23-2017 08:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Newview01 (Post 3674230)
Tell us how you really feel :)

But the writing is on the wall.

The DP is a NDP supporter and truely believes nothing will change for the hunting in the park.

Bighorn River 11-23-2017 08:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Newview01 (Post 3674100)
Thats impossible! Our provincial government would never mislead us!

That applies to all governments who have ever been in power.

Wow, a job ad for a snowshoe guide and someone to lead tourists on Christmas bird counts. I'm not sure how this counts as environmentally damaging development.

Newview01 11-23-2017 09:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bighorn River (Post 3674326)
Wow, a job ad for a snowshoe guide and someone to lead tourists on Christmas bird counts. I'm not sure how this counts as environmentally damaging development.

Lol. Did you apply?

Taco 11-23-2017 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ram crazy (Post 3674315)
The DP is a NDP supporter and truely believes nothing will change for the hunting in the park.

Please explain what you mean by the initials "DP" and exactly what the thought process was that lead you to conclude my political leanings?

crazy_davey 11-24-2017 02:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bighorn River (Post 3674326)

The wow part of this is why you are still here KVT.

I guess you will be happy when the Castle is full of trinket shops and hotels? I understand that you are blinded by what you believe is right, but sorry, that doesn't mean it's right. It's just one activists opinion.

You truly are a wolf in sheeps cloathing.