Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum

Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/index.php)
-   Fishing Discussion (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Ice fishing bibs. (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showthread.php?t=343170)

2alarmfishing 04-15-2018 10:11 PM

Ice fishing bibs.

I'm deciding on some new bibs for next season. I'd love to hear what everyone's using, pros-cons, etc....for me it's between Cabela's Guide Pro late seasons or one of the Striker models. Thanks.

dustinjoels 04-15-2018 10:31 PM

If you know someone who can bring them up from the states for you, frabills can be bought ridiculously cheap and shipped to a U.S address. I don’t know if they’re as good as cabelas guidewear since I’ve never even tried on the guidewear, but the fishinghole does carry them though so you could check them out.

2alarmfishing 04-16-2018 07:16 AM

Nice, I plan on checking those out too. My gortex shell from the 90s is finally leaking

bwackwabbit 04-16-2018 08:19 AM

I own Stryker Predators, best money I've ever spent on ice gear.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

NSR_RAT 04-16-2018 08:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bwackwabbit (Post 3771367)

X2

Pikebreath 04-16-2018 08:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dustinjoels (Post 3771298)
If you know someone who can bring them up from the states for you, frabills can be bought ridiculously cheap and shipped to a U.S address. I don’t know if they’re as good as cabelas guidewear since I’ve never even tried on the guidewear, but the fishinghole does carry them though so you could check them out.

So let me get this straight,,,, go check out the frabills at the fishin hole,,,, and then buy them from an American source and have someone bring them up for you so as to avoid shipping, gst and duty.

Good thing there is still a Canadian owned shop to check out the merchandise on before you buy from American source online.

Dark Wing 04-16-2018 09:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bwackwabbit (Post 3771367)

Another vote for these. The Fishn'hole had a wicked sale on them last month.

GWS 04-16-2018 09:22 AM

You're supposed to be buying a flasher 2 alarm
You want to catch whitefish you need knock off carharts from peavy mart and a good set of goat wrangler boots. They have a good selection of those at peavy as well.

2alarmfishing 04-16-2018 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GWS (Post 3771397)
You're supposed to be buying a flasher 2 alarm
You want to catch whitefish you need knock off carharts from peavy mart and a good set of goat wrangler boots. They have a good selection of those at peavy as well.

Haha, you worry about finding fishing spots and watching YouTube, I'll worry about getting geared up!!

dustinjoels 04-16-2018 08:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pikebreath (Post 3771379)
So let me get this straight,,,, go check out the frabills at the fishin hole,,,, and then buy them from an American source and have someone bring them up for you so as to avoid shipping, gst and duty.

Good thing there is still a Canadian owned shop to check out the merchandise on before you buy from American source online.

I've spent thousands at the fishinghole over the years and will continue to give them my patronage, but I'm not paying double the cost for a set of bibs and a jacket. I have no problem paying a bit more, but 100% more isn't in my budget nor should it reasonably be expected to be.

If someone goes there to check out the bibs, if they're anything like me, they'll spend a hundred dollars on lures regardless of what they went in for.