Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum

Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/index.php)
-   Archery Discussion (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Facebook (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showthread.php?t=361702)

brendan's dad 03-31-2019 01:43 PM

Facebook

For those that were not aware, there are several archery buy and sell groups on Facebook. I recently sold several item there and it has been really good. "Archery Buy and Sell Canada" has 6500 members and there is also the "Alberta Archery Only Buy, Sell, Trade and Discussion" which has 1700 members. I usually post my ads in both these group. Everything I have posted has sold in less than a day. The only down side is there is no trading rating so the 1 purchase I made was local and face to face.

dfrobert 03-31-2019 02:08 PM

Good to know thanks!

jcrayford 03-31-2019 09:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brendan's dad (Post 3955984)
For those that were not aware, there are several archery buy and sell groups on Facebook. I recently sold several item there and it has been really good. "Archery Buy and Sell Canada" has 6500 members and there is also the "Alberta Archery Only Buy, Sell, Trade and Discussion" which has 1700 members. I usually post my ads in both these group. Everything I have posted has sold in less than a day. The only down side is there is no trading rating so the 1 purchase I made was local and face to face.

^The only downside is THAT I WOULD HAVE TO JOIN FACEBOOK!!!!!!

Never have been there, never will. Have no reason to allow those from my past that I have left out of my life back in my life, or to let then know anything about me. Facebook is not worth it.

J.

Talking moose 03-31-2019 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jcrayford (Post 3956294)

Never have been there, never will. Have no reason to allow those from my past that I have left out of my life back in my life, or to let then know anything about me. Facebook is not worth it.

J.

Well don’t add them as friends then! Lmao!!! Just join hunting groups!! Lol. You can name yourself Fred Flinstone if you choose and have a profile pic of Lady Gadiva for all anyone cares... lol

Digger1 03-31-2019 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jcrayford (Post 3956294)

J.

So, use a fake name and email like the rest of us!

brendan's dad 03-31-2019 11:37 PM

I am not a big fan of facebook either, but I thought it might be an option for folks here that are having a tough time selling their archery stuff.

goose slayer10 04-01-2019 06:44 AM

I second this, archery buy and sell Canada has been a great tool. Knock on wood no bad transactions yet.

Versatile 04-01-2019 09:44 AM

Most companies now use social media for advertising. Its alot cheaper and allows to keep contact with their customers better. Anyone not on Facebook and Instagram isnt keeping up.

Personally I use it to keep up with a small number of friends but mostly like what has mentioned before; following buy sell groups and companies.

Put it fake info and use it for your advantage.