Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum

Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/index.php)
-   Hunting Discussion (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   wild boar (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showthread.php?t=29364)

csummer79 03-11-2009 07:12 PM

wild boar

my son is begging me to take him looking for wild boar and i have a general idea of where to go sangudo or lac st anne or highway 22 near mayothorpe also hear some rumors of some near east pit if anyone here might be able to narrow an area down for us i would be much apprieciated and if you would like to come along you are more than welcome planning on going thursday and friday so if your interested gimmie a shout on pm also wondering if there is any areas of crown land near the hog ranch that might be holding some pigs? was reading some rep0orts from lac st anne county and they were saying the pig numbers are very low is there any way to get an estimate of numbers and a general area that might have the most ? im not looking for your hot spot just an idea were may be holding the most number to increase our odds my son is 9 and pretty ecited to get one me too lol .

BearnDown 03-11-2009 07:18 PM

Rots o Ruck

FishBrain 03-11-2009 07:21 PM

Unfortunatly noone will give out an area let alone a specific location.
there are some on here who have shot one but the majority havent. and there are alot of people looking.

Good luck

csummer79 03-11-2009 07:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FishBrain (Post 282661)
Unfortunatly noone will give out an area let alone a specific location.
there are some on here who have shot one but the majority havent. and there are alot of people looking.

Good luck

kinda what i figured but thanx anyways wish us luck looks like we will need it , doesnt matter its still a good way to spend time with the boy. Always have to remind myself to forget the mission and just make the hunt a good time so the kids learn to enjoy the sport as well.

Matt L. 03-12-2009 12:14 AM

Just try to make sure you shoot a young one. If ya get an old one ya won't be eatin' it. Tough and gamey. Good luck to ya.

buckmaster 03-12-2009 01:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by csummer79 (Post 282652)
my son is begging me to take him looking for wild boar and i have a general idea of where to go sangudo or lac st anne or highway 22 near mayothorpe also hear some rumors of some near east pit if anyone here might be able to narrow an area down for us i would be much apprieciated and if you would like to come along you are more than welcome planning on going thursday and friday so if your interested gimmie a shout on pm also wondering if there is any areas of crown land near the hog ranch that might be holding some pigs? was reading some rep0orts from lac st anne county and they were saying the pig numbers are very low is there any way to get an estimate of numbers and a general area that might have the most ? im not looking for your hot spot just an idea were may be holding the most number to increase our odds my son is 9 and pretty ecited to get one me too lol .

You got to be kidding! After posting about anti-hunting wolves/coyotes ethically,do you really think that your going to get much help here?:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Tundra Monkey 03-12-2009 02:04 AM

Wish I could help....Good luck finding them csummer......have a good day with the boy :cool:.......hope ya get some bacon out of it.

tm

csummer79 03-12-2009 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by buckbrushoutdoors (Post 283238)
yea go to "ETHICAL HUNTING AB" this guy is a joke

I couldnt really care what you guys think first of all you dont know me and because i dont think you should kill something unless you going to eat it thats my opinion and i dont need you following me around the site because your bored and trying to **** me off. Anyways took the kids out today had a good day didnt see any pigs but saw 6 moose 7 deer a coyote kids had a good time and ill keep trying. And if all you guys are on here to make crappy comments find something better to do. I am not going to make anymore post about opinions simply because all it does is start fights and ya im no better than anyone else ive had an infraction on the site and apoligize to anyone ive made poor comments towards. SORRY And if you dont want to share any info with me thats fine but you dont need to post it

Elk Hunter 55 03-12-2009 05:15 PM

Wolf Hide Gloves

Hi Guys,

What's wrong with shooting wolves and coyotes for fur or even just for fun?

My friend is a rancher and every year during calving season he's out with his rifle protecting the new born calves from coyotes and so when he asks me to come blast a few coyotes to help control the varmints I do it.

On the other hand, wolf hide gloves are much warmer than the synthetic stuff you buy. Wolves (and coyotes) are an underutilized resource that we have in abundance here in Alberta so why not take advantage of it?

Besides the experience of hunting wily coyote and the big bad wolf in the off season will help you get that big buck or bull in the fall.

Cheers,
Elk Hunter 55

munyee4321 03-12-2009 07:13 PM

lol guess if hes going out hes gonna go out with a bang :lol:

honda450 03-12-2009 07:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by munyee4321 (Post 283420)
lol guess if hes going out hes gonna go out with a bang :lol:

Yup:lol::lol::lol::D

IR_mike 03-12-2009 07:19 PM

Besides the obvious lack of knowledge in his posts (large cats indigneus to europe, coyotes native to china) the funniest statement was "my dad made me eat a squerrel I killed once as a kid, I sure wont do that again". I wonder what happened when he got caught "pulling the goalie"?:lol::lol:

lilsundance 03-12-2009 07:49 PM

ok Guys

csummer79 has learned his lesson about posting and trying to force his opinion on others. Do not belittle the man, he appologized. Some of you might remember Treeguy started out the same way with black rifles, and is now friends with some that opposed him and his Ideals. Give the man a chance.

Matt L. 03-12-2009 09:23 PM

I'm tryin' sundance, I'm tryin'! csummer79, you're attitude about eating what you kill is precisely why I told you to try to shoot a younger boar.(providing you can find one) Shoot a tough old one and you sure as hell won't be eatin' it lol!

Rackmastr 03-12-2009 10:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lilsundance (Post 283453)
csummer79 has learned his lesson about posting and trying to force his opinion on others. Do not belittle the man, he appologized. Some of you might remember Treeguy started out the same way with black rifles, and is now friends with some that opposed him and his Ideals. Give the man a chance.

The man appologized after being pushed. I would think from his comment about us 'going to **** our selves and **** off' that maybe he doesnt seem so sincere and not sure why he should have a 'chance' from any of us after his first incident.

Didnt seem like a very sincere apology to me as he outright called many of us 'poachers' and very casually said 'I apologized' in a thread, when truly I dont see a real 'apology' from him anywhere in his posts.

Sorry Lil, maybe I just am one of the few that get very offended when I am called a poacher several times on a hunting message board. I will give any man a chance once they start acting like they deserve one....

lilsundance 03-12-2009 11:38 PM

just asking for everyone to quit running the man down for making a mistake. If his apology was sincere he will make amends as a few others here have, if not then I can honestly say I tried to give the guy a break.
I also owe treeguy an apology for using him as an example. There are others from this board and the old board but for the life of me I can't remember their names. One who comes to mind from the old board wanted to purchase unregistered guns. He was down east, but for the life of me I can't remember his old board name. I know he is lurking here under a new name but is keeping quiet. lol

Copidosoma 03-13-2009 10:16 AM

Quote:

Let us know if you have any luck. As stated above, alot of folks around here are looking for info on hunting these things and there isn't much being released by those who have it.

Hope it works out for ya.

Wood1 03-13-2009 10:26 AM

Ok boys, last Sunday on the way back from Safeway in Stony Plain, I saw three on the road that leads into the Doppler weather station, west of stony on hwy 16A. One larger pig and two little guys, not farm pigs either. I don't hunt them and don't care to. Not sure how you would access this property though.

kalmbach 03-18-2009 10:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wood1 (Post 283811)
Ok boys, last Sunday on the way back from Safeway in Stony Plain, I saw three on the road that leads into the Doppler weather station, west of stony on hwy 16A. One larger pig and two little guys, not farm pigs either. I don't hunt them and don't care to. Not sure how you would access this property though.

Apparently a lot more than three in the area!

kennedy 03-18-2009 11:25 PM

i've seen a few of them in the sangudo area. i couldnt care less about them.

savagencounter 03-19-2009 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kennedy (Post 287758)
i've seen a few of them in the sangudo area. i couldnt care less about them.

I seen one near whitcourt in the fall for about 30 seconds been looking for them ever since went out twice this winter only seen tracks near hog wild right on the road

lynx 03-20-2009 04:08 PM

PM me I can help you out. Is the bounty still on for boars?

jacob1202 05-14-2009 05:29 PM

Quote:

hey....i live 3 miles north of darwell on the west side of lac ste anne...i know exactly where they are....ive taken one of them myself...pm me and ill fill ya in.... i seen 3 of them the other morning run accross the gravel road

jacob1202 05-14-2009 05:33 PM

wow...some of u guys want these things pretty bad... i have a pretty good handle on where there are about 8 or 9 of the bastards.... they actually messed up my buddies dog pretty bad a few nights ago so im sure he would be pretty happy to have a couple guys out on his half section...pm me if anyone wants more info

whitetail160 05-14-2009 06:15 PM

heading out sat. pm ed you very interested to take one taking my 70 yr dad out , thanks

boarhunter 09-13-2009 03:51 PM

We do wild boar hunts in east central alberta with dogs. Message me if interested

trakker9 09-14-2009 08:21 AM

wild boars

Quote:

Originally Posted by jacob1202 (Post 320557)
wow...some of u guys want these things pretty bad... i have a pretty good handle on where there are about 8 or 9 of the bastards.... they actually messed up my buddies dog pretty bad a few nights ago so im sure he would be pretty happy to have a couple guys out on his half section...pm me if anyone wants more info

I would love to meet you this week or the next week so you can show me where to go for these hogs.

Matt L. 09-14-2009 12:36 PM

Uh, do you guys realize how old this thread is?

kbtrucking 09-15-2009 09:54 PM

Any pics of them?

1 Attachment(s)
All talk with no pictures, help a guy out to take his kids hunting and to teach them about the outdoors. I know of pigs from G.P. to Red deer and they are everywhere. I think there is a bounty for ears in certain jurisdictions. This is a picture of a big boar taken pretty close to the said location. I recommend eating only the young ones, they taste more like beef than pork! Good luck!

muledeer1 09-17-2009 12:51 PM

Please let me know of any luck you have with these hogs and maybe a location. I have been wanting a taste of these beasts for a while. Also nice pic KB. That's a big pig. Any help you could give would be great.