Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum

Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/index.php)
-   Trapping Discussion (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Edm Sportsmans Show (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showthread.php?t=360262)

dugh 03-03-2019 10:59 AM

Edm Sportsmans Show

It's that time of year again for the Edmonton Boat and Sportsman's Show :sHa_shakeshout: We are looking for volunteers to man the ATA booth. Set up Thursday morning, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday and take down Sunday evening. We could use some old timers and, I'm hoping, some people familiar with trappers education. Greater Edmonton Trappers? :)

dugh 03-06-2019 12:54 PM

Ummmmmmmmmmmm :angry3:a little help here. Thunder is in.

Thunder Elk Hunter 03-07-2019 08:15 PM

Come on guys and gals this great exposure for the Alberta Trapper but we need some help

HunterDave 03-07-2019 08:52 PM

If you are looking for volunteers with knowledge of Trapper education, where are your ATA trapping instructors?

Thunder Elk Hunter 03-08-2019 12:05 PM

Dave are you volunteering?
We normal have around 15 instructor province wide. There are a few in the greater Edmonton area but not as many as you think. Some will be out this weekend teaching courses as well. Yes by the way I'm an Instructor.

drake 03-08-2019 09:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HunterDave (Post 3943289)
If you are looking for volunteers with knowledge of Trapper education, where are your ATA trapping instructors?

You’re better than this Dave.....

HunterDave 03-08-2019 11:00 PM

The ATA needs volunteers that are knowledgeable about their training programs/admin and you don’t think that having trapping instructors there is a good idea? I understand your problem. :happy0034:

Marty S 03-08-2019 11:41 PM

Such hostility...

Such contempt...

I just don't know if I can go on!!!

dugh 03-09-2019 08:02 AM

It's my suggestion to have some volunteers with recent knowledge of trapper education. I think it would be better than a list of courses and prices, I highly recommend it but the course has changed since I was there. They don't have to be instructors just up to date knowledge. That being said, we need some old timers as well.
Disclaimer: by we I mean ATA members (this job landed on my lap), the Greater Edmonton is an obvious place to start. Southerners do Calgary, centrists Red deer and so on.
Hell, we'd even take volunteers from Grande Prairie- if you have Rendezvous posters or volunteers please let me know.
I've never done more than volunteer for this so I definitely need help. :shark:
Thunder Elk, mrbgamehunter and myself have stepped up so far, it starts Thursday this week.

Thunder Elk Hunter 03-14-2019 10:44 PM

Great first day at the show, a lot of people interested. Nice to see everyone that dropped by to say hi.

dugh 03-15-2019 06:07 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Lots of interest in trapping and trapper ed. Day one we have ATA instructor Ryan and (my awful wedded wife) Ingrid and day two has a couple of southerners ATA board member Ed and trapping pal Roger.

dugh 03-17-2019 08:36 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Scott and Shelley were kept pretty busy on the late shift of day three.
And a reminder for the Rendezvous.

dugh 03-20-2019 08:46 AM

A big shout out to Thunder Elk, mrbgame, Ed, Roger, Brian, Shelley, Albert, Barry and Les. I think the Show was a big success thanks to those volunteers. I didn't get a picture Sunday but we had 6 volunteers for the wrap up. We had a good bit of interest and two free draws for those that asked questions about the fur and trapper ed. Thanks to all the volunteers!:sHa_shakeshout: