Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum

Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/index.php)
-   Fishing Discussion (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Number of fishing rods (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showthread.php?t=324617)

deepwater88 06-30-2017 05:17 PM

Number of fishing rods

Can anyone tell me if it is legal to use 2 fishing rods per person shore fishing?
(i.e One rod with a pickerel rig in a rod holder and one rod for casting)
Much appreciated.

the local angler 06-30-2017 05:20 PM

nope not allowed unless it specifically says it in the regs for that particular body of water. ice fishing is the only time you can use two rods

TylerThomson 06-30-2017 05:22 PM

You should read the first few pages of the regulations. This is covered in there.

Solominotaur 06-30-2017 08:03 PM

Fair to ask questions if unsure but this one is pretty straightforward. Not allowed and I'd definitely pick up a reg book before you start getting tickets for not knowing, their free and always handy to have

Sent from my SM-G928W8 using Tapatalk

Red Bullets 06-30-2017 08:48 PM

I believe people who are licenced for sturgeon research angling can use two rods during open water.

TylerThomson 07-01-2017 12:19 AM

People who are licenced fire surgeon research fishing are more than likely well versed on the regulations.

cube 07-01-2017 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TylerThomson (Post 3575425)
People who are licenced fire surgeon research fishing are more than likely well versed on the regulations.

But perhaps not the ones watching said research fisherman. I would suspect very few Alberta fishermen are aware about the research licence and might want to ask someone more knowledgeable for clarification.

fordtruckin 07-01-2017 04:31 PM

Depends where and the body of water. As mentioned check the regs. 99% of all questions can be answered there.

TylerThomson 07-02-2017 10:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cube (Post 3575590)
But perhaps not the ones watching said research fisherman. I would suspect very few Alberta fishermen are aware about the research licence and might want to ask someone more knowledgeable for clarification.

Good point. Never thought of that.

Deadeye2u 07-02-2017 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fordtruckin (Post 3575647)
Depends where and the body of water. As mentioned check the regs. 99% of all questions can be answered there.

Are you talking open water and ice covered water? Or am I missing something?

Mackinaw 07-02-2017 11:12 PM

Also depends on what province or state you are fishing in

Mack

TylerThomson 07-03-2017 08:45 AM

Well this is the alberta outdoorsmen forum. It would be an odd place to come for regulation advice for Manitoba.

Marty S 07-04-2017 07:32 PM

I think you can in the ocean so you better go there. Much better fishing there too. Ocean fish are extremely yummy. They never taste like muck.

Mackinaw 07-04-2017 10:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TylerThomson (Post 3576456)
Well this is the alberta outdoorsmen forum. It would be an odd place to come for regulation advice for Manitoba.

What makes you think this is an Alberta only forum seams to me there is a lot of good information on here about fishing in BC ,Ontario, Manitoba. And so on there is a lot of very knowledgeable sportsmen on this site. Some people have open minds..:)

Mack

Talking moose 07-05-2017 12:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mackinaw (Post 3577611)
What makes you think this is an Alberta only forum seams to me there is a lot of good information on here about fishing in BC ,Ontario, Manitoba. And so on there is a lot of very knowledgeable sportsmen on this site. Some people have open minds..:)

Mack

Without stating those other provinces/states you listed, he's correct, it should be a given that Alberta is the province in question.

DiabeticKripple 07-05-2017 02:19 AM

In AB, for open water fishing you can only have one line in the water at a time. You can have multiple rods rigged up and ready to go, but only one in the water. The only exception is the sturgeon taggers. They can also fish closed waters.

For ice fishing you can have 2 lines in the water.

TylerThomson 07-05-2017 08:11 AM

Nothing wrong with having an open mind so long as it isn't so open as to fall out.

Just because something is discussed on a forum doesn't mean it is the logical choice to go looking for an answer. For example I participate in a 4x4 forum and info the general section members chat about anything but just because someone posts a chilli recipe it is not where I would begin my search for a clam chowder recipe.

Just because it's been discussed does not make it the focus of the forum. That's all I'm saying.

cube 07-05-2017 08:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deadeye2u (Post 3576010)

Not sure but I would think he is referring to private lakes or out of province.

Okotokian 07-06-2017 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by deepwater88 (Post 3575155)
Can anyone tell me if it is legal to use 2 fishing rods per person shore fishing?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deadeye2u (Post 3576010)

Ice fishing from shore really sucks. ;)

Okotokian 07-06-2017 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mackinaw (Post 3577611)

Mack

yeah. Maybe he's talking about Hawaiian regulations. Or whether you can use two rods in India. :bad_boys_20: Yup. Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum is where I'd come for that info.

Just kidding. Your fair-mindedness is admirable.

Mackinaw 07-06-2017 11:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Okotokian (Post 3578447)
yeah. Maybe he's talking about Hawaiian regulations. Or whether you can use two rods in India. :bad_boys_20: Yup. Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum is where I'd come for that info.

Just kidding. Your fair-mindedness is admirable.

Have seen some strange questions on here so i never assume.

By the way you can use 3 rods in India but only one can have a hook....:)

Mack

Mackinaw 07-06-2017 11:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TylerThomson (Post 3577719)
Nothing wrong with having an open mind so long as it isn't so open as to fall out.

Just because something is discussed on a forum doesn't mean it is the logical choice to go looking for an answer. For example I participate in a 4x4 forum and info the general section members chat about anything but just because someone posts a chilli recipe it is not where I would begin my search for a clam chowder recipe.

Just because it's been discussed does not make it the focus of the forum. That's all I'm saying.

So you think we should only ask and give information about Alberta's fisheries.
And if someone posted a chilli recipe why would you not ask if someone had a good clam chowder recipe it is a recipe thread.

Mack

TylerThomson 07-07-2017 08:17 AM

You're hopelessly dumb, which I doubt, or being intentionally ignorant in order to promote an argument.

Read it again and if you still can't grasp the jist let me know and ill come break it down for you.

Mackinaw 07-08-2017 07:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TylerThomson (Post 3578981)
You're hopelessly dumb, which I doubt, or being intentionally ignorant in order to promote an argument.

Read it again and if you still can't grasp the jist let me know and ill come break it down for you.

No it is ok after reading some of your posts to trying to continue any reasonable conversation with you would just be showing I am hopelessly dumb.

You have a good day :)

Mack

WayneChristie 07-08-2017 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mackinaw (Post 3579524)
No it is ok after reading some of your posts to trying to continue any reasonable conversation with you would just be showing I am hopelessly dumb.

You have a good day :)

Mack

Scotty rears his ugly head once again :fighting0030:

wildbill 07-08-2017 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TylerThomson (Post 3578981)

"hopelessly dumb"? Wow, yer a real gem bud!!! Yer parents must be soooooo proud!!!! How does asking about two rods transpire, into this?