Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum

Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/index.php)
-   Fly-Fishing Discussion (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/forumdisplay.php?f=101)
-   -   Ram River today (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showthread.php?t=387391)

Jigsalot 09-10-2020 08:24 PM

Ram River today

Sweet. No crowds at all and it was a beautiful day too. Spent the morning and filled my truck up with firewood and then went to the rocky end of the river. Small brown caddis was the ticket. Only caught 4 and lost a few but fun.

Jigsalot 09-11-2020 07:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jigsalot (Post 4232208)
Sweet. No crowds at all and it was a beautiful day too. Spent the morning and filled my truck up with firewood and then went to the rocky end of the river. Small brown caddis was the ticket. Only caught 4 and lost a few but fun.

I just noticed I dropped my fishing net. Black with the rope tied off. If anyone finds it would be nice to get back. Thanks.

Bigwoodsman 09-11-2020 07:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jigsalot (Post 4232299)
I just noticed I dropped my fishing net. Black with the rope tied off. If anyone finds it would be nice to get back. Thanks.

I might be heading out that way tomorrow or Sunday. Were you on the North, South, or below the confluence? If you could tell me where you last had it, I'll take a look.
Our plan was to hit the NRR. One of us was going to take the truck to the cabin, while one of us fished from the Trunk to the Cabin, the other was going to fish from the Cabin to the bridge.

BW

Jigsalot 09-11-2020 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bigwoodsman (Post 4232307)
I might be heading out that way tomorrow or Sunday. Were you on the North, South, or below the confluence? If you could tell me where you last had it, I'll take a look.
Our plan was to hit the NRR. One of us was going to take the truck to the cabin, while one of us fished from the Trunk to the Cabin, the other was going to fish from the Cabin to the bridge.

BW

I was on the rocky side of the north ram. North fork road about 20 kms from strachan campground at the bridge. Water is clear.

Bigwoodsman 09-11-2020 01:29 PM

Hello,
Usually don't fish that stretch of the Ram. We'll be up by KM60 on the North Ram. I'll check with my fishing partner and see if he wan't to try that stretch.

BW

italk2u 09-11-2020 07:11 PM

Fished up and down from Nice n' Easy today. Not much happening, no rises, water levels are very low. Tried drys and nymphs but not a touch.
I've never seen such clear water...I'll bet they can see you comin' a mile away:thinking-006:

Bolete 09-21-2020 11:47 AM

I fished the Ram off the north fork road Saturday and got skunked. I didn’t see a single rise.

Jigsalot 09-21-2020 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bolete (Post 4236639)
I fished the Ram off the north fork road Saturday and got skunked. I didn’t see a single rise.

Ouch. That always sucks. Ram sure has lots of people on all sections this year. Trying to figure where to go Wednesday. Stauffer might give it a go. Never been there and it sounds like some big browns hand around there.

Ursuskoolus 09-24-2020 01:38 PM

Love the RAM, never can have a bad day there.