Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum

Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/index.php)
-   Fishing Discussion (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   touchwood,pinehurst,lac la biche...who fishes them? (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showthread.php?t=277645)

PINEHURST-PIKE-FREAK 01-17-2016 06:44 PM

touchwood,pinehurst,lac la biche...who fishes them?

I'm thinking of heading up that way,where should i go?

lromanchuk 01-17-2016 07:16 PM

I fish the area.

I usually stick to Seibert and Spencer. Occasionally I wonder over to Blackett and Kinnaird.

The tag system at Pinehurst and 0 limit at Touchwood for Walleye isn't appealing to me.

PINEHURST-PIKE-FREAK 01-17-2016 07:21 PM

True but Touchwood has huge fish if you know where to go
Pinehurst too!

lromanchuk 01-17-2016 07:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PINEHURST-PIKE-FREAK (Post 3109854)
True but Touchwood has huge fish if you know where to go
Pinehurst too!

I agree. I just like eating a few 'eyes!! Hard to go wrong with any of those lakeland lakes.

binnzer32 01-17-2016 08:52 PM

I fish llb about 6 times a year

Safety D 01-17-2016 10:16 PM

Pine hurst and touchwood not even a question

crblair 01-18-2016 05:13 PM

Seen/heard of some huge pike out of Touchwood in summer, never had much luck there in winter though. Almost never see a soul there in winter either; lake always looks deserted. Always remember the water clarity to be unreal there

PINEHURST-PIKE-FREAK 01-18-2016 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crblair (Post 3110925)
Seen/heard of some huge pike out of Touchwood in summer, never had much luck there in winter though. Almost never see a soul there in winter either; lake always looks deserted. Always remember the water clarity to be unreal there

everyone stops at Touchwood,unloads atv's and heads to Spencer

-there is suppose to be a natural spring in Touchwood,anyone know where?A lady from fish and game said it was right where the lake narrows up

crblair 01-18-2016 09:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PINEHURST-PIKE-FREAK (Post 3110983)

-there is suppose to be a natural spring in Touchwood,anyone know where?A lady from fish and game said it was right where the lake narrows up

Haven't heard of a spring before. Can't think of where she could be referring to either; there isn't any narrowing of the lake. Big and wide open. Use to be one of the best walleye lakes around

PINEHURST-PIKE-FREAK 01-18-2016 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crblair (Post 3111300)
Haven't heard of a spring before. Can't think of where she could be referring to either; there isn't any narrowing of the lake. Big and wide open. Use to be one of the best walleye lakes around

from the boat launch you travel toward the far end,it narrows up then opens into a large area to the right,to the left is the big shallow bay

Safety D 01-19-2016 02:21 PM

That bay is full of big big pike !!!

Talking moose 01-19-2016 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PINEHURST-PIKE-FREAK (Post 3111309)
from the boat launch you travel toward the far end,it narrows up then opens into a large area to the right,to the left is the big shallow bay

Bare ass point is the name of the point at the narrow part I believe.

nast70 01-19-2016 03:26 PM

Across and slightly north is a trail to spencer lake (3.3 km). Great circuit to do in the winter. Weve hiked it in the summer and driven it in the winter (20 plus yrs ago). Lots of boats left there to use in the summer

FlounderPounder 01-19-2016 08:58 PM

Just started going to Lac la Biche last year... We were very impressed ... Have been there 5 times since. Once this winter. Monster walleye! Looking forward to trying Touchwood this summer

curtis_rak 01-19-2016 09:02 PM

I found the overall size of fish at LLB to be pretty impressive. Hadn't fished it for ages until last winter and we caught a lot of nice sized pike and Walleye. Healthy chunky fish

FlounderPounder 01-19-2016 09:43 PM

Too bad you can't keep a walleye or two from LLB .We have never had an issue catching .... And all very nice size... Last ice fishing trip we nailed a few nice ones .27" being the biggest

Safety D 01-20-2016 09:31 AM

Better be using a jet boat on la biche or your gonna smash your prop off. A buddy of mine smashed his leg cost him 5 grand to fix.

nimrod 01-20-2016 10:15 AM

just a question, about pinehurst, is the road to spencer truck drivable, if so has anybody driven it in a truck, thanks

HowSwedeItIs 01-20-2016 10:26 AM

LLB likes to eat props for sure, always like to give the sandbars a wide berth they tend to run for a bit under the surface

7magtime 01-20-2016 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PINEHURST-PIKE-FREAK (Post 3110983)

I don't know about a spring but when I first ice fished it last March F&W advised me not to drive vehicles on the West shore of the lake where the land juts out due to underwater current. I agree with other posts in that I had the lake to myself for 2 days and the only people I saw were heading to Spencer. Caught/lost some great pike but didn't find any walleye that trip, hope to get back out there this season.....