Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum

Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Vacation (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showthread.php?t=364354)

kinwahkly 05-25-2019 08:37 PM

Vacation

Wife and I want to go to an all inclusive this fall for our 30th wedding anniversary. Not wanting to go to Mexico , any other recommendations?

R3illy 05-25-2019 08:42 PM

st Lucia or Bora Bora.

gordfishing 05-25-2019 09:37 PM

stay to the east

Punta Cana

bloopbloob 05-25-2019 10:00 PM

Not that we can afford it right now, but Scotland, and Italy are in our minds now. I've done Mexico (Mazatlan, which is a little less mainstream) which for the most part was lovely. Next time will be somewhere less mainstream.... Roam the countryside and eat great food is all I'd want

Dewey Cox 05-25-2019 10:22 PM

Antigua was nice, except for having to travel through Toronto.

elkhunter11 05-25-2019 10:42 PM

The north islands of Cuba were nice, and very safe, as well as affordable.

Twisted Canuck 05-25-2019 10:58 PM

Costa Rica has some great scenery and things to do....

Greatwest 05-25-2019 11:10 PM

Went to Jamaica a couple years ago. Will definitely go back there some day after check out a couple other places. Very friendly people in Jamaica met some great locals that worked at he resort we were at. We were at a Jewel resort.

Hawkeye 05-25-2019 11:30 PM

I suggest the Veradero (spelling) area in Cuba. There are 30+ hotels there, side by side, on a long, narrow peninsula. The hotel star rating is NOT the same as Canada/USA, so I would go for a minimum 4 star hotel and ideally 5.
At our all inclusive hotel, service was great and I thought the food was fine.
We did an excursion to Havana. Although there was lots to see, I rapidly got frustrated with people almost constantly trying to get you to pay them, whereas that was NOT an issue whatsoever in the all-inclusive resort.

Have you considered a cruise as an alternative?

Congratulations for reaching Year 30 and I hope you have a great time.

Rig-Rat 05-26-2019 07:49 AM

Out of all the places we have visited, so far Jamaica has been our favorite. We stayed at Bahia Principe in Montego ( Runaway Bay) Bay. We went for 2 weeks and did 4 or 5 excursions. All were good, Nagril and Dunns Falls, Did a river rafting tour, Booze Cruise on a catamaran.
If you do go make sure you take advantage of the Red Stripe Beer, and Blue Mountain Coffee.

omega50 05-26-2019 08:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kinwahkly (Post 3980802)
Wife and I want to go to an all inclusive this fall for our 30th wedding anniversary. Not wanting to go to Mexico , any other recommendations?

More info needed-What are your likes and dislike-seeking adventure or sluggin on a beach?Will you be fishing?

Any mobility issues? Dietary concerns?
What would make this memorable for you so you could call it a resounding success?

Personally I like Seniors resorts-I can always beat the other guests to the pool bar and to the front of the Buffet line.

And I love to guess which guest is likely to die on the pool deck before our trip is up.
I called one of the two that died on our trip to Jibacoa . Good Times

6.5 shooter 05-26-2019 10:20 PM

Regina..???