Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum

Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/index.php)
-   Guns & Ammo Discussion (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Outside brass neck turner? (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showthread.php?t=404265)

360hunt 10-14-2021 08:22 PM

Outside brass neck turner?

Outdoorsman

I'm looking for advice on reloading products. In particular I'm wanting sound advice on outside brass neck turners. I have borrowed a relative's Sinclair neck turner that worked very very well but he purchased it while in the U.S. and now that I've used it and seen my results at the range I want my own.
Doesn't need to be that one... I'm wanting to find products available and reliable in Canada.
Any insight is appreciated because my Google search has been coming up with f@#k all
Thanks 360hunt

Ackleyman 10-14-2021 08:33 PM

21st Century Shooting makes a powered neck trimmer that is pretty nice/well built.

catnthehat 10-14-2021 08:49 PM

When I turn necks ( which is not too often anymore) I use a Forster, which I have owned fir many years.
Cat

32-40win 10-14-2021 09:05 PM

Depends on how much brass you have to do as to what you invest, so to speak.
I bought the stuff for doing 22, 26,7mm & 30cal from 21st Century over a period of about 5 yrs. It is a very versatile setup, and they have a heck of a selection of pcs to go with it, even a 3 way trimmer add-on , all onto one base, with two tools to use on it, but, it adds up to a few bucks for doing a few cartridges. All of them have adaptors to run a drill to them. Forster has an outside turner attachment for their trimmer, also reamers and a 3 way cutter RCBS does too, Hornady has an add-on kit to their concentricity tool, K&M and Sinclair/Brownell's have drill adaptors as well. You can also get a selection of the various sized mandrels they use in those tools to use in a mandrel style expander tool. Not thge kind of item the stores stock much of at all. Just as well to go direct.

no-regard 10-14-2021 10:03 PM

I've seen it listed that RPS International (Spruce Grove?) carries K&M. I have a K&M hand turning setup but haven't used it yet. Seems to be popular, so I'm hoping it will be ok.

If you've got the funds, the 21st Century stuff is hard to beat.

Powder monkey 10-14-2021 10:45 PM

Yep rps for k&m stuff
I think the name is xtreme shooting or something like that in Winnipeg was the best priced for 21st century when I was looking in spring.
Plenty o patches also carries pretty good selection

obsessed1 10-14-2021 11:08 PM

I have the rcbs one that fits thier trimmer. It works well but a pia to switch back and forth

DrQuack 10-15-2021 09:53 AM

I have both K&M and Sinclair. They are both great. Sinclair can ship to Canada, but the shipping and duty can add up quite quickly.

Ruby76 10-15-2021 10:04 AM

I ordered my handheld Sinclair through x reload. I use a cordless drill attachment to speed up the process.

360hunt 10-15-2021 08:20 PM

Outdoorsman.... thank you.
So much better buying things with user results and input. Especially when counting on accuracy.
Good advice all around.
Cheers

Steyr Luxus 10-16-2021 09:17 AM

Hornady at P&D.