Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum

Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/index.php)
-   Archery Discussion (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Wonderful News. Lawrence is back in business! (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showthread.php?t=393709)

brendan's dad 01-16-2021 05:15 AM

Wonderful News. Lawrence is back in business!

Lawrence (formerly of Accurate Archery) is back in business and will be operating an Archery Pro Shop at his home, only minutes west of Stony Plain. Lawrence will stocking Prime, PSE and Darton bows and will also be able to bring in Elite bows on special order. In addition he will have a top notch selection of high end accessories including Spot Hogg, Montana Black Gold, Tight Spot and many others. Lawrence can be contacted at 780-983-3770 or on Instagram at “huot lawrence”

Passthru 01-16-2021 09:36 AM

Saw him at the range when he told me. What a sigh of relief. He’s the only other man that touches my bow.

Kurt505 01-16-2021 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Passthru (Post 4310743)
Saw him at the range when he told me. What a sigh of relief. He’s the only other man that touches my bow.

That’s a big X2.

I call him the bow whisperer, I’ve never seen anyone that can tune a bow as fast and effectively as Lawrence. I was in his new shop in September, he has that monster 190” whitetail he arrived on display in there, worth the visit just to see that :sHa_shakeshout:

normanrd 01-16-2021 01:30 PM

Ya, for sure good to see him back in the game. A lot of people have asked if he is available, now it's official that he is! He also deals with "Americas Best Bowstrings" (ABB), which are very good and highly thought of in the archery world. Give him a shout, he will be happy to help you out with whatever you need!

#THEREALACCURATEARCHERY

bowhunter9841 01-16-2021 08:28 PM

This is good news.

newdrenalin 01-18-2021 07:31 AM

I was at his shop once and he is awesome. I wish he was closer to Calgary

Stinky Buffalo 01-18-2021 08:23 AM

Great to hear! Looking forward to checking out his new digs.

sns2 01-18-2021 04:53 PM

This is great to hear. I have heard nothing but the best about Lawrence, so the fact that he's gonna be back in action is a boon to archery in Alberta.

viesturs 01-22-2021 01:05 PM

Good to hear hes back in action.

martyparty 01-24-2021 08:46 PM

So can you actually go into his shop or is it by appt?

brendan's dad 01-24-2021 08:55 PM

I would give him a call at the above posted number.

nsmitchell 01-25-2021 06:48 AM

Appointment Only

Ran into him the other day and he mentioned appointments only. Especially with COVID.

gazzoo300 01-27-2021 09:45 AM

Lawrence

Great to here that my friend and mentor is going to continue serving the archery community, would have been a great loss to loose that kind of knowledge, good luck my friend:sHa_shakeshout:

abhunter8 01-29-2021 11:21 PM

Very good news!

bezzola 02-10-2021 09:34 AM

Is he the only archery guy that can get prime strings.

nsmitchell 02-10-2021 07:09 PM

Under Warranty

Yep if you want them under warranty. I believe he is the only local G5 Prime Dealer

brendan's dad 02-10-2021 08:54 PM

If you ever go on Archery Talk, the Prime Nexus 4 is getting a lot great reviews. The only bow getting better reviews is the Hoyt Ventum 33.

bezzola 02-11-2021 02:17 PM

Well looks like i will have to deal with him for my strings.

brendan's dad 02-11-2021 05:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bezzola (Post 4329788)
Well looks like i will have to deal with him for my strings.

Nope, if you didn't like his service the last then I am sure he won't be heart broken if you don't go back.

normanrd 02-11-2021 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brendan's dad (Post 4329904)
Nope, if you didn't like his service the last then I am sure he won't be heart broken if you don't go back.

Well said! Everyone has a choice. I know Lawrence would appreciate people making a good choice for both parties involved!😉.

Hatchet07 05-06-2021 09:35 PM

Total rookie here, but really interested in hearing this...
Just posted in another thread about living in Parkland county and not knowing where to go or who to talk to these days. Sounds like I may have found my first and possibly the best and most convenient answer to all my questions.

Given the most recent Covid restrictions does anyone know if Lawrence is still taking phone calls and appointments? Even if its just to meet a rookie and maybe set the on the right path?

mathews z7 06-09-2021 09:14 PM

Let’s face it everyone the man Is an archery genius so good at what he does and customer service is second to none.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stinky Buffalo 06-10-2021 09:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hatchet07 (Post 4370776)
Given the most recent Covid restrictions does anyone know if Lawrence is still taking phone calls and appointments? Even if its just to meet a rookie and maybe set the on the right path?

Best is to give him a call at the number posted in the top post of this thread.

He is excellent to deal with and was super patient and supportive of me when I was just starting out. Call him.

bezzola 06-25-2021 09:42 AM

I believe jim bows now deals in prime.

viesturs 06-28-2021 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bezzola (Post 4387976)
I believe jim bows now deals in prime.

Thats even better news.

james913 07-21-2021 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brendan's dad (Post 4310672)
Lawrence (formerly of Accurate Archery) is back in business and will be operating an Archery Pro Shop at his home, only minutes west of Stony Plain. Lawrence will stocking Prime, PSE and Darton bows and will also be able to bring in Elite bows on special order. In addition he will have a top notch selection of high end accessories including Spot Hogg, Montana Black Gold, Tight Spot and many others. Lawrence can be contacted at 780-983-3770 or on Instagram at “huot lawrence”

Thanks for heads up

kevin2053 08-12-2021 07:08 PM

dont agree

Sorry, everyone, I see this situation from a different view. Many of you won't like what I have to say. I typically shy away from controversial armchair internet chatter, but I cant help myself on this one.

I have to preface this by saying it's not personal, and I have known Lawrence for a long time. He might actually agree with some of my words.

I have managed or worked in 5 different archery stores starting in 1987, and can say that working in the industry, there are many things wrong with supporting a "fella" working from his garage.

Simply, Lawrence should have to open a bonafide pro shop before purchasing and selling any archery products to customers. He should have to assume the same risks as others who have dedicated their personal savings to building a shop, employing staffing who depend on wages for a living, and offer a facility that will grow the community as a whole.

Lawrence's reputation is intact in this geographical area; however, if I was still in the archery business and made the above sacrifices owning a pro-shop in this climate, I would see that his ability to buy and sell goods was challenged. The idea that he can offer the same products as "Jimbows" (PSE and Black Gold) undermines the essence of owning a true pro-shop, along with making all the sacrifices as a business owner. This is why archery pro shops come and go in the capital area.

Not for one second should this announcement be celebrated... sorry.

Go ahead and get mad at my words. At the same time, go get your broadheads from AliExpress, then ponder why you have nowhere to shoot your bow this winter after hunting season. The practice of backyard pros may work in other industries; however, in the archery industry, it is fatal to people trying to make a living at it.

PS. Brendan's dad...love ya. Just don't agree.

K

partsman 08-12-2021 11:35 PM

I guess that means the two firearms dealers that worked out of their homes, should not be allowed, neither should some taxedermists, nor gunsmiths, nor a fellow I new when in poco, he worked out of his home.
Nor some hair dressers, I guess you should only deal with places with a retail store.

catnthehat 08-13-2021 08:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by partsman (Post 4403363)
I guess that means the two firearms dealers that worked out of their homes, should not be allowed, neither should some taxedermists, nor gunsmiths, nor a fellow I new when in poco, he worked out of his home.
Nor some hair dressers, I guess you should only deal with places with a retail store.

Basically that is what he is saying, yes.
Underground business are flourishing, always have and always will, for several reasons.
Some " shade tree mechanics " are great, others not so much, same as any retail store, be it automotive , hair salon , gunsmiths or archery suppliers.
My favorite Bowyer has worked put of his house for well over 30 years, doesn't have a store anymore , but I'm okay with that :)
Cat

cody j 08-13-2021 08:43 AM

Why would anyone try to open a retail store in the last year and a half?, that would be a terrible idea with all the rona problems. Working out of his home is a way better idea, if he is successful, good for him.