Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum

Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Covid 19 car travelling tickets (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showthread.php?t=381246)

-JR- 05-09-2020 07:09 AM

Covid 19 car travelling tickets

Heard romours that people are getting tickets for traveling in a car with people outside their family home if both in the front seat.

Anyone on this site actually get one ?

Smoky buck 05-09-2020 07:18 AM

I would not be surprised because I am pretty sure that you are going to be breaking the social distancing laws unless you have a custom super wide vehicle

buckbrush 05-09-2020 07:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smoky buck (Post 4166655)
I would not be surprised because I am pretty sure that you are going to be breaking the social distancing laws unless you have a custom super wide vehicle

Finally an excuse to buy that H1 I've been trying to justify! I don't currently travel with people but you never know when you might need to give a friend a lift.

Grizzly Adams 05-09-2020 07:40 AM

Couple of tickets for that passed out in Cochrane by some over zealous cop, but cancelled due to public outcry.

Grizz

1899b 05-09-2020 07:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -JR- (Post 4166650)
Heard romours that people are getting tickets for traveling in a car with people outside their family home if both in the front seat.

Anyone on this site actually get one ?

Nope but my best friend is an RCMP. He issued a couple last month as did his partner. Demographic was all younger 20 somethings cruising...

58thecat 05-09-2020 08:49 AM

Good...selfishness will get you a ticket....more at play here as in people's lives...get together with friends not exercising social distancing....go home to your family and yup the virus luv's idiots....:scared0018:

Pathfinder76 05-09-2020 09:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1899b (Post 4166671)
Nope but my best friend is an RCMP. He issued a couple last month as did his partner. Demographic was all younger 20 somethings cruising...

The only people I see around town cruising together that aren’t related are cops.

bobtodrick 05-09-2020 09:41 AM

Fake news.
Three tickets handed out that immediately dismissed.
https://www.discoverairdrie.com/loca...le-in-vehicles

Sledhead71 05-09-2020 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chuck (Post 4166709)
The only people I see around town cruising together that aren’t related are cops.

I've noticed this as well...

1899b 05-09-2020 10:46 AM

Domestic violence cases are way up as well.
Child abuse cases are currently down as it was always the schools raising the red flags and contacting Child and Family Services. Now children don’t have that safety net when it comes to abusive parents.

I hope this is all worth it to save a bunch of 80 and 90 year olds from dying.

1899b 05-09-2020 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobtodrick (Post 4166736)
Fake news.
Three tickets handed out that immediately dismissed.
https://www.discoverairdrie.com/loca...le-in-vehicles

Definitely happened here in Sherwood Park. I’ll ask Derek if they were thrown out as well...

Jigsalot 05-09-2020 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sledhead71 (Post 4166778)
I've noticed this as well...

So if two cops are in their car and they do an arrest what do they do for separation. I assume they put the guy in the back and wear masks. This is so ridiculous

bat119 05-09-2020 10:50 AM

Golfing will be fun next week 4 guys going in 4 trucks renting 4 carts and no 19th hole.

1899b 05-09-2020 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bat119 (Post 4166786)
Golfing will be fun next week 4 guys going in 4 trucks renting 4 carts and no 19th hole.

How do you rent a cart when club houses are supposed to be closed? Serious question. I don’t golf... just curious

Sooner 05-09-2020 11:01 AM

I get the rule but I have a MIL and Bro inlaw(handcapped) who don't drive. When we go to one of his or her doc type appts, it will be me or the wife so that is 3 in the car and they don't live with us. If we get pulled over, I hope it is an understanding LEO and not a goof with a chip on their shoulder.

Wife has to take her mom shopping as well, so far no issues.

1899b 05-09-2020 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sooner (Post 4166797)
I get the rule but I have a MIL and Bro inlaw(handcapped) who don't drive. When we go to one of his or her doc type appts, it will be me or the wife so that is 3 in the car and they don't live with us. I f we get pulled over, I hope it is an understanding LEO and not a goof with a chip on their shoulder.

Absolutely need some discretion in regards to cases like yours for sure...

Jigsalot 05-09-2020 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1899b (Post 4166793)
How do you rent a cart when club houses are supposed to be closed? Serious question. I don’t golf... just curious

Everything is pre paid and someone will be there to issue carts. Having to rent 2 more carts when there is 4 people will be costly. Courses are going to charge too much to play for lots of people

Sooner 05-09-2020 11:04 AM

Quote:

Not too tough, when we took the kids to Elk Island, club house would leave all carts outside and most have a key in them. Been like that for years. Pick which one you want kinda thing.

Just have to figure out a self serve kiosk where you enter the CC number and cart number I guess. Then go.

Companies that rent porta potty's and golf carts will be doubling their business this summer I think.

58thecat 05-09-2020 11:17 AM

Quote:

golf courses are open....call in..get your booking....one per cart unless you can prove its a family member...payment made over the phone etc...all carts are wiped down etc prior to use and are in the parking lot area...tee off times are staggered more than normal and social distancing is monitored.

Sledhead71 05-09-2020 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jigsalot (Post 4166783)
So if two cops are in their car and they do an arrest what do they do for separation. I assume they put the guy in the back and wear masks. This is so ridiculous

There is always the trunk :)

Reeves1 05-09-2020 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1899b (Post 4166780)

I hope this is all worth it to save a bunch of 80 and 90 year olds from dying.

You have some issues you need to deal with......

1899b 05-09-2020 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reeves1 (Post 4166833)
You have some issues you need to deal with......

Just getting a little frustrated with the whole thing. There are more people suffering with non covid issues that all stem from this reaction to Covid.

The reaction to Covid in my opinion has been way more harmful to people than the actual disease. Job loss, financial strain, loss of education, loss of activities that help with mental health... it’s endless. That’s my issue...

bobtodrick 05-09-2020 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1899b (Post 4166781)
Definitely happened here in Sherwood Park. I’ll ask Derek if they were thrown out as well...

That wouldn’t surprise me...I’ve had more than a few EPS members tell me that Sherwood Park RCMP has a reputation for being...shall we say overzealous handing out tickets....which get thrown out in court.
Last year my son was stopped (there’s a thread on it).... given over $600 worth of tickets which were dropped to about $100 when we went to court.

58thecat 05-09-2020 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1899b (Post 4166840)
Just getting a little frustrated with the whole thing. There are more people suffering with non covid issues that all stem from this reaction to Covid.

The reaction to Covid in my opinion has been way more harmful to people than the actual disease. Job loss, financial strain, loss of education, loss of activities that help with mental health... it’s endless. That’s my issue...

better than death....

1899b 05-09-2020 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 58thecat (Post 4166909)
better than death....

True. But the mortality rate in people that are healthy and non compromised is non existent. If we make it out of this, are we going to stop the world again for another new virus some day? I dunno very frustrating...

58thecat 05-09-2020 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1899b (Post 4166911)
True. But the mortality rate in people that are healthy and non compromised is non existent. If we make it out of this, are we going to stop the world again for another new virus some day? I dunno very frustrating...

I think we will see what happens after we open up a bit just how this virus will impact the young/healthy....

as for stopping for another virus that is as or more intense than this one yup...

hopefully the medical experts are on top of these situations that allow a virus to mutate etc....time will tell.

CDNOutdoorsman 05-09-2020 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1899b (Post 4166840)

I couldn't agree more. What's the govt plan to deal with all the bankruptcies, debt, mental health, stress, etc. The true death numbers 100% directly related to Covid are certainly lower than whats being reported. Drs are being told to note Covid death when in reality that is not the case. Talk to some Drs and nurses, you will get the real story. Its time to get on with life and get the world working again, NOW.

Twisted Canuck 05-09-2020 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 58thecat (Post 4166693)
Good...selfishness will get you a ticket....more at play here as in people's lives...get together with friends not exercising social distancing....go home to your family and yup the virus luv's idiots....:scared0018:

How tall is the ladder you need to get on and off that horse you've been riding for weeks? Do you get commision from Dr.Tam for your public safety social media shaming posts? It's like you found religion.....'Burn the witches!!'

Smoky buck 05-09-2020 02:27 PM

I am about done with the bubble wrap precautions were taken and the outbreak has been running long enough to get an idea of what it’s about. It is clear what part of the population is at risk and the survival rate of Covid19

The Cook 05-09-2020 04:19 PM

[QUOTE=1899b;4166840]Just getting a little frustrated with the whole thing. There are more people suffering with non covid issues that all stem from this reaction to Covid.

The reaction to Covid in my opinion has been way more harmful to people than the actual disease. Job loss, financial strain, loss of education, loss of activities that help with mental health... it’s endless. That’s my issue...[/QU

Keep us posted when you lose a family member to this virus, also it's not just old and in the way people that are dying. Got to have a drink after reading this mindless drivel.