Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum

Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   AO Looking for Reader Submitted Stories (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showthread.php?t=19534)

Rob Miskosky 09-09-2008 07:17 PM

AO Looking for Reader Submitted Stories

Hey everybody,

Over the last several years, Alberta Outdoorsmen has been publishing reader submitted stories each month in the magazine. The stories are hunting and fishing stories from regular guys, not professional writers. The section has been a huge success, unfortunately, I am starting to run out of reader submitted stories. I see on this forum a pile of stories each and every season that are never put to paper but should be. If you would like to submit a story of your hunting or fishing adventure, please address it to me at r.miskosky@sportscene.ca. The story must be between 1000 and 1200 words in length and have several photos to accompany it. The writer will receive a free one-year subscription to the magazine, an Alberta Outdoorsmen hat and t-shirt, as well as several copies of the magazine the story was published in. Take the time and share your adventure with us!

Rob

admin 12-11-2015 09:31 AM

Alberta Outdoorsmen is still looking for reader stories. I'm sure their must be some good ones from this past hunting season that you might want to share.

furball_bc 09-29-2019 12:28 PM

Rob, can you help me find a posting on AO that has many stories about old time Alberta such as gold dredges, paddle wheelers, people, rail roads and stage coach stories. My Moms family homesteaded in Fort Vermillion (Lawrence was their name)I know that this is a little off topic just hoping!! Jim in Sidney BC

Treefarmer 12-01-2019 09:51 AM

Have to be fishing and hunting? I've done lots of backpacking in odd corners, as well as some dog sledding.

Also: My story telling is just getting warmed up at 1000 words. Do you publish longer stories than that?

KegRiver 12-17-2022 10:56 PM

reader stories

I am also interested in writing a story for the magazine.
But it too is not a hunting or fishing story.

It is about the spring dance of the Sharp Tailed Grouse, inspired by a series of photos I took while watching them dance.

If this is something the magazine would be interested in, I'd do my best to make it interesting. I have around twenty photos of that event.

esher 07-07-2023 08:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KegRiver (Post 4591016)
I am also interested in writing a story for the magazine.
But it too is not a hunting or fishing story.

It is about the spring dance of the Sharp Tailed Grouse, inspired by a series of photos I took while watching them dance.

If this is something the magazine would be interested in, I'd do my best to make it interesting. I have around twenty photos of that event.

Something I have not seen for 50 years, why is a good question.

nicholast 11-24-2023 01:16 AM

Interesting... Any limits on the numbers of word in a story?