Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum

Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/index.php)
-   Fishing Discussion (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   walley tags aren't working (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showthread.php?t=431257)

plaquip 05-07-2024 09:55 AM

walley tags aren't working

Tried to buy my B walleye license today but the message says invalid tag numbers. I just got these 20 tags mailed to me a week ago. None worked. I looked through my fishing drawer and found 2 unused tags from last year. They work. I bet there's lots of people on here who couldn't buy their walleye tags today because of these recently made tags. Anyone else have this issue?

Dean2 05-07-2024 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by plaquip (Post 4722117)
Tried to buy my B walleye license today but the message says invalid tag numbers. I just got these 20 tags mailed to me a week ago. None worked. I looked through my fishing drawer and found 2 unused tags from last year. They work. I bet there's lots of people on here who couldn't buy their walleye tags today because of these recently made tags. Anyone else have this issue?

Phone the Alberta Relm help number and give them the tag numbers, they will activate your new tags. Some tags get sent out and the person doing it forgets to activate them. Happens with hunting tags too. Easy fix.

plaquip 05-07-2024 09:13 PM

Sweet! Thanks for the Info.

monad 05-08-2024 09:55 AM

On your phone

I used the tags on my phone last year worked well.

TROLLER 05-08-2024 10:07 AM

Question: How is it possible for one person to get 20 tags?

Dean2 05-08-2024 10:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TROLLER (Post 4722286)
Question: How is it possible for one person to get 20 tags?

They are blank tags, just like blank hunting tags, you can order as many as you want. I get a good batch when I order too, that way they last me 3 or 4 years before I have to order more.

English Setter 05-20-2024 12:55 PM

E-tags have been paused for this year. Only paper tags. I found that you have to include the preceding zeros when registering the tags to the license. Didn’t work when I didn’t include them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

elkhunter11 05-20-2024 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dean2 (Post 4722290)
They are blank tags, just like blank hunting tags, you can order as many as you want. I get a good batch when I order too, that way they last me 3 or 4 years before I have to order more.

I ordered 24, almost two weeks ago, hopefully they get here soon, or I will have to go into the office in Edmonton.

SNAPFisher 05-21-2024 10:53 AM

You can also purchase the tags at any Fishing Hole location and they will register the tag numbers for you. That is what I did for my A class and then I picked up B class for Pigeon as well since there are so many left.

I imagine by mid-July they may just release all the tags and we should be able to pick up more. Since slots are still in play and they went back to paper tags (ugh!), the uptake has dropped off. No surprise.