Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum

Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/index.php)
-   Guns & Ammo Discussion (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Want Printed Firearm Classification (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showthread.php?t=370253)

Davey Boy 10-02-2019 04:03 PM

Want Printed Firearm Classification

I have be looking for the printed classification of a Rossi 92 Ranch Hand with 12" barrel. I want to be able to show a printed copy to LEO's or F+W just in case they don't know the rules.

So far my searches have turned up nothing except that they are said to be non restricted. I want it in black and white so there is no misunderstanding, just to be on the safe side.

Savage Bacon 10-02-2019 04:27 PM

Could you just register it and carry the papers with you just in case?

bat119 10-02-2019 04:39 PM

Contact Wanstalls they posted a copy on CGN the link has since expired.

Dick284 10-02-2019 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Savage Bacon (Post 4034080)
Could you just register it and carry the papers with you just in case?

There is no registry for non restricted firearms.(unless you live in QC)
Kind of impossible to do the impossible.....

And why would anyone with any sort of moxy, register a non restricted firearm if they aren’t compelled to by law. :snapoutofit:

OP: Find a dealer who has access to the FRT tables, and get a screen shot.

Davey Boy 10-02-2019 06:15 PM

I will contact Wanstalls and ask about it.

Thanks for all the replies.

And it is non restricted, just don't want it to be mistaken for a restricted as I only have a PAL and I'm not using it at any shooting range.

Davey Boy 10-03-2019 08:25 PM

Well Wanstalls was a bust, said he couldn't help me. A fella sent me a picture of the document, and it will work till I find something more official looking.
Has to be out there. Think the Rc's would direct me to the official page.

Grizzly Adams 10-03-2019 10:15 PM

One has to wonder. I bought a 14 " barreled shot gun for my travels. Legal in Canada, but not the US. If it was a hand gun, it would be the reverse. there is no logic to gun laws.

Grizz

tikka250 10-03-2019 11:00 PM

I have been stopped with a 14 inch single shot shotgun in the truck. After a lengthy :thinking-006: conversation about the finer points and details about "sawed off shotguns"and the legal barrel length vs overall length I was finally able to come up with the legal terms on the RCMP website concerning barrel vs overall length. Once verified that it was an official RCMP webpage my shotgun was measured and he politely admitted to being wrong.
If your worried my advice would be to save that page on the RCMP website to your phone to be brought up if needed.

Davey Boy 10-04-2019 09:40 AM

Yes that's the page that I'm looking for but can't seem to find it. Where on the RCMP site would I find the listing. As I have said a member on here PM'ed me a picture of it taken back about 2008, and it would work. But I would like the up to date version.

colt45 10-04-2019 09:50 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Here’s why you can’t access the firearm reference numbers ,they are only allowed to selected people to use

colt45 10-04-2019 10:39 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Tried again here’s is the paper I have , looks like I finally got it to load up and go on here it looks small , but if you print it out you should be able to read it better, it will be a little bigger than a wallet size card,at least that’s what came out on my printer , hope this helps

Davey Boy 10-04-2019 11:24 AM

Many Thanks Colt 45. Exactly what I was looking for. That prints out perfectly.
Now there won't be any confusion over whether it is a non restricted or not.
You wonder why they don't make it easier to check out the classification of a rifle.
Again thanks for all your replies fellas, appreciate it.

sailor 10-04-2019 09:04 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by colt45 (Post 4034850)
Tried again here’s is the paper I have , looks like I finally got it to load up and go on here it looks small , but if you print it out you should be able to read it better, it will be a little bigger than a wallet size card,at least that’s what came out on my printer , hope this helps

Colt45, could you be so kind to post the same for Grizzly 8 1/2” barrel mag and not mag fed shotgun?
Thank you!
This one

https://www.canadaammo.com/product/d...agfed-shotgun/