Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum

Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Stolen Valour - Red Deer.........Peter Toth (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showthread.php?t=333951)

Nester 11-23-2017 05:59 PM

Stolen Valour - Red Deer.........Peter Toth

:mad3:

http://www.reddeeradvocate.com/news/...-day-services/

Veterans are crying foul after an alleged faker posed as a former U.S. Marine at two Red Deer schools during their Remembrance Day services.

The Legion typically provides the local school districts with veterans to be part of the ceremony. On Nov. 8, Peter Toth attended ceremonies at St. Francis of Assisi Middle School and G.W. Smith Elementary School dressed in a U.S. Marine Corps uniform.

Bev Hanes, president of the Red Deer Legion, said an investigation into the incident is ongoing and an update may come later as they verify his credentials.

“We do ask them for certain documentation,” said Hanes. “What we got, what looked to us, looked legitimate enough. If people are making forgeries, it’s very difficult for us to check them out.”

The credentials and claims of service are now being investigated.

Stolen Valour Canada, an organization that aims to expose unlawful use of military uniforms or certificates, posted a conversation they had with Toth about his service record.

They point out several inconsistencies between what he said, his service record, his medals and dates and timelines.

In an email, John Lilyea, a retired US Army Sgt. First Class and founder of the website This Ain’t Hell (which works to expose people posing as veterans), said there were a number of this wrong with Toth’s claim of serving with the U.S. Marine Corps.

In a posted Facebook conversation with Toth, he says he served in two tours of duty in Iraq and two tours of duty in Afghanistan. He said he was shot in Afghanistan in 2005 where he earned a Purple Heart, an American military decoration for anyone wounded or killed while serving.

On his uniform, he wears a sniper tab on his left sleeve, however Lilyea said there’s no such thing in the Marine Corps or any other branch of the U.S. Military.

He also said he served in Kandahar province and “Hazbollah.” Hezbollah is an Islamist political party and militant group based in Lebanon.

The discharge papers he provided say he retired from the Marine Corps in 1985, 20 years before he was allegedly shot. The discharge papers have a number of inconsistencies, including a serial number, which the U.S. Marine Corps did away with in 1972, replacing it with a social security number. The year on the paper is misspelled as “ninteen hundren and eighty five.” The signatory to the discharge papers is the Commandant of the Marine Corps appears at M.W. Hagee, which could be Michael Hagee who held the role from 2003 to 2006. However in 1985, the Commandant was Paul Kelly.

“Toth claims that he was recalled to active duty for the war against terror after a 20-year absence from the military,” Lilyea wrote. “That only happens in the movies.

“Who needs an overweight 50-year-old to do the job a 20-year-old can do much better. I volunteered to back on active duty after I’d been out 12 years and the only job they offered me was that of a recruiter.”

Wearing a military uniform without lawful authority to do so is an offence under the Criminal Code of Canada.

http://r9ehu3b03f8qg3nim601s198.wpen...eb1_Toth-1.jpg

Big_Willy 11-23-2017 06:09 PM

That "uniform" absolutely screams fraud. You wouldn't have to be an expert on U.S. Marine Corps dress and deportment to think the same...

-Willy

Big_Willy 11-23-2017 06:26 PM

Here's some light reading on the subject;

http://www.marines.mil/Portals/59/Pu...20CH%201-5.pdf

Newview01 11-23-2017 06:32 PM

Lol. He looks ridiculous.

There is someone in Lethbridge who told me he passed BUD/S. I paid the $20 and found he was a fraud. I can’t wait to run into him sometime.

huntinstuff 11-23-2017 07:02 PM

THAT tub of guts is 50 yrs old.??????

Suddenly I feel very good about myself!!!!

Great story!!!

guywiththemule 11-23-2017 07:18 PM

POS.:snapoutofit:

kbobbeck 11-23-2017 07:23 PM

hope he gets the help he needs for his illness

HunterDave 11-23-2017 07:24 PM

Forgot to put up his Space Shuttle Door Gunner patch. :sHa_sarcasticlol:

I feel a little sorry for people that do this type of thing and wonder if they may have some sort of mental malfunction.

https://i.imgur.com/Tx0NGJ9.jpg

ex811 11-23-2017 07:26 PM

[QUOTE=huntinstuff;3674235]THAT tub of guts is 50 yrs old.??????

Yep...

I HATE people... POS scum...who pose as Veterans.
Charges aren't good enough.
As some of you may have figured out, I'm ex CDN Military Police, and I'd love to kick that SOB's ass, even with my tubby 63 yr old body.

Imagehunter 11-23-2017 07:43 PM

Was he invited from the US to speak here? Doubt Canada or even Alberta have a lack of veterans that could speak to the kids. Just wondering since I don't know much about the Legion and how it works.
He should apologize to the kids and publicly to veterans who actually risked their lives in these conflicts and those soldiers that currently do.

Pioneer2 11-23-2017 07:50 PM

Fraud

Tar + feather him

fordtruckin 11-23-2017 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Big_Willy (Post 3674191)
That "uniform" absolutely screams fraud. You wouldn't have to be an expert on U.S. Marine Corps dress and deportment to think the same...

-Willy

If that’s what passes for a USMC uniform these days their standards have seriously slid. I can see multiple issues with the uniform that no marine would be caught dead committing. Boots not bloused, POW/mia patch on his breast pocket, Calvary type scarf in marpat, DI campaign hat.... I could go on. I’m all Army and even I know these things about my Marine brothers and sisters.

Imagehunter 11-23-2017 08:37 PM

I also thought the Marines have these dress uniforms with the red stripes on the pants legs. Wouldn't a Marine wear that to an occasion like this?

fordtruckin 11-23-2017 08:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Imagehunter (Post 3674323)
I also thought the Marines have these dress uniforms with the red stripes on the pants legs. Wouldn't a Marine wear that to an occasion like this?

One would think so. All my friends would. Oh yah his retirement certificate says gunnery sergeant an E7, yet his uniform has master gunny rank of E9 on it. Plus no marine has a tab on their shoulders. Oh well I’ll continue to live despite this poser.

grouse_hunter 11-23-2017 08:46 PM

How unfortunate. Hopefully the impersonator receives some assistance from a psychiatrist. I can't fathom what it would take to drive a man to actions as vile as these.

Newview01 11-23-2017 09:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Newview01 (Post 3674207)
Lol. He looks ridiculous.

There is someone in Lethbridge who told me he passed BUD/S. I paid the $20 and found he was a fraud. I can’t wait to run into him sometime.

FYI his name is David Green. Used to run ActionCoach.

rem338win 11-23-2017 09:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kbobbeck (Post 3674259)
hope he gets the help he needs for his illness

Little late for a swift kick in the arse from dad and a hug from mom.

SlightlyDistracting 11-23-2017 09:21 PM

I dont get it.
Like how can you get out of bed in thr morning knowing you are a complete fraud? What does someone get from doing this? Maybe the fact Ill never understand it means something.
What a fat loser.

SlightlyDistracting 11-23-2017 09:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HunterDave (Post 3674261)
Forgot to put up his Space Shuttle Door Gunner patch. :sHa_sarcasticlol:

I feel a little sorry for people that do this type of thing and wonder if they may have some sort of mental malfunction.

https://i.imgur.com/Tx0NGJ9.jpg

That actually made me LOL.
Thanks

Redfrog 11-23-2017 09:27 PM

Danielle Smith's Father in law is another one. It boggles the mind all the stuff he's done. Google David Surrendi.

He was also bureaucrat with Alberta F/W and was instrumental in setting fisheries policies and programs.

YoteStopper 11-23-2017 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by huntinstuff (Post 3674235)

Great story!!!

Hey, welcome back! Haven't seen you for a while.

nsmitchell 11-24-2017 07:19 AM

It's the Camp

Quote:

Originally Posted by huntinstuff (Post 3674235)

Great story!!!

It's the camo that adds the 30 extra pounds Randy.

Don_Parsons 11-24-2017 07:37 AM

Does this mean that I have to give up wearing my Clown costume since I haven't taken the certification courses.

Dam, here I thought I'd get away with it.

Oh Boy, how am I going to be able to sleep to night.

Don

elkhunter11 11-24-2017 07:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Don_Parsons (Post 3674514)
Does this mean that I have to give up wearing my Clown costume since I haven't taken the certification courses.

Dam, here I thought I'd get away with it.

Oh Boy, how am I going to be able to sleep to night.

Don

I have no doubt that you would get away with it.:)

Okotokian 11-24-2017 08:37 AM

IMHO, only serving personnel and veterans from the CANADIAN Armed Forces should be going into Canadian schools. What's next? Russians? Zimbabweans? I guess those returning ISIS "veterans" will have something to do next Nov. 11.

bobinthesky 11-24-2017 08:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Redfrog (Post 3674373)
Danielle Smith's Father in law is another one. It boggles the mind all the stuff he's done. Google David Surrendi.

He was also bureaucrat with Alberta F/W and was instrumental in setting fisheries policies and programs.

Was another one.... he died a couple of years ago.

EZM 11-24-2017 09:06 AM

People like this guy are losers.

They need to find away to fulfill their sad, unimportant, pitiful lives by playing "hero" for a day and living their dream to be a "big shot".

I hope this story stays with him like herpes and pops up periodically to humiliate him and shame him for the rest of his worthless, miserable existence.

densa44 11-24-2017 09:25 AM

Has EZM got it figured out?

Is this sort of thing illegal in Canada? It should be. Is it just more or less harmless or is there a sinister element to it?
What happened to that guy in Ottawa who was dressed up as a soldier and had never served?

Is sort of thing common? The guy would have had to buy all the medals, uniforms, insignia etc. to dress the part.

I'm concerned that he is at an elementary school with children, are the children the attraction?

Does this guy have a real job?

ReconWilly 11-24-2017 09:36 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Okotokian (Post 3674533)
IMHO, only serving personnel and veterans from the CANADIAN Armed Forces should be going into Canadian schools. What's next? Russians? Zimbabweans? I guess those returning ISIS "veterans" will have something to do next Nov. 11.

Well if Trublow likes funding them you know he damn well expects you to remember them!

bobinthesky 11-24-2017 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by densa44 (Post 3674560)
Is this sort of thing illegal in Canada? It should be. Is it just more or less harmless or is there a sinister element to it?
What happened to that guy in Ottawa who was dressed up as a soldier and had never served?

Is sort of thing common? The guy would have had to buy all the medals, uniforms, insignia etc. to dress the part.

I'm concerned that he is at an elementary school with children, are the children the attraction?

Does this guy have a real job?

I copy and pasted this from the article.

quote "Wearing a military uniform without lawful authority to do so is an offence under the Criminal Code of Canada."