Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum

Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/index.php)
-   Guns & Ammo Discussion (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Ruger made Marlin incoming!!! (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showthread.php?t=414189)

boonedocks 08-09-2022 07:28 PM

Ruger made Marlin incoming!!!

I got the word today that my new ruger made Marlin 1895 sbl 45/70 is out for delivery!!! Possibly be in my hands by the weekend!! Can’t wait!!

WinefredCommander 08-09-2022 07:50 PM

What’s retail on them? Heard stupid.

boonedocks 08-09-2022 09:37 PM

Retail

$1700, lots of guys asking that for used remlins!!

outofbounds 08-09-2022 09:54 PM

Names on a list for one hadn't heard boo yet!

fishnguy 08-10-2022 12:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boonedocks (Post 4548005)
$1700, lots of guys asking that for used remlins!!

I also hear that the used ones don’t stand near quality wise. That’s what I hear though; doesn’t mean it is necessarily true, lol.

Quote:

Originally Posted by outofbounds (Post 4548008)
Names on a list for one hadn't heard boo yet!

Same. Tenda also had them in stock today for a very brief period of time; probably just a few because they went quicker than handguns.

GWN 08-10-2022 06:21 AM

Please post your thoughts on it when you can, looking forward to seeing them

Thanks

obsessed1 08-10-2022 06:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boonedocks (Post 4547951)
I got the word today that my new ruger made Marlin 1895 sbl 45/70 is out for delivery!!! Possibly be in my hands by the weekend!! Can’t wait!!

Im sure you will love it. If you dont reload already this is a good one to start with .

fordtruckin 08-10-2022 11:51 AM

They’re pretty sweet! I’ve had mine since February, can’t remember if my s/n is in the 2500 or 4000s. On the lower end though. Paid $1150 out the door here in Montana. So far I’ve shot 300jhp which were kittens to shoot, a box of hard cast 460gr +p and the hardest recoiling was reloaded 420gr hard cast. I thought I loaded them light but was very wrong!

Compared to a buddy’s remlin and the fit n finish is much better! Ruger did right by Marlin. One complaint is the front sight post is so large and the rear aperture is so large getting accurate is somewhat tough. Even off a bag or lead sled I have issues. Now if you put a red don’t or a scope that would obviously change. I plan to put a trijicon RMR on mine as it’s will be strictly my investigating bear scene gun. Giving up the shot gun after my griz encounter. Was not happy with those results other than I’m still alive. Of course now they have also come out with a trapper version, 1 less round a 16.5” barrel and a different peep sight. Aka the rifle I would have preferred but oh well! I got the 2nd one to hit Montana after my buddies got the 1st and 3rd.

obsessed1 08-10-2022 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fordtruckin (Post 4548132)
They’re pretty sweet! I’ve had mine since February, can’t remember if my s/n is in the 2500 or 4000s. On the lower end though. Paid $1150 out the door here in Montana. So far I’ve shot 300jhp which were kittens to shoot, a box of hard cast 460gr +p and the hardest recoiling was reloaded 420gr hard cast. I thought I loaded them light but was very wrong!

Compared to a buddy’s remlin and the fit n finish is much better! Ruger did right by Marlin. One complaint is the front sight post is so large and the rear aperture is so large getting accurate is somewhat tough. Even off a bag or lead sled I have issues. Now if you put a red don’t or a scope that would obviously change. I plan to put a trijicon RMR on mine as it’s will be strictly my investigating bear scene gun. Giving up the shot gun after my griz encounter. Was not happy with those results other than I’m still alive. Of course now they have also come out with a trapper version, 1 less round a 16.5” barrel and a different peep sight. Aka the rifle I would have preferred but oh well! I got the 2nd one to hit Montana after my buddies got the 1st and 3rd.

I solved my sight issues ( mines a ruglin dark but with similar xs sights) by tapping the ghost ring with a 12-40 tap and spin in whatever aperture ( lyman, skinner ect) i like the size of. Definitely shrunk those 50-150yard groups a considerable amount.

fordtruckin 08-10-2022 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by obsessed1 (Post 4548214)
I solved my sight issues ( mines a ruglin dark but with similar xs sights) by tapping the ghost ring with a 12-40 tap and spin in whatever aperture ( lyman, skinner ect) i like the size of. Definitely shrunk those 50-150yard groups a considerable amount.

I may have to look into that! I was disappointed Ruger didn’t think about that and add several different sizes peeps.

Young-gun 08-11-2022 09:52 AM

Good to hear, patiently waiting for my call.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk