Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum

Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/index.php)
-   Fishing Discussion (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   New Rules for the Fishing Discussion (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showthread.php?t=360799)

Drewski Canuck 03-13-2019 11:17 PM

New Rules for the Fishing Discussion

Due to popular pressure, there are some NEW RULES to satisfy a Member who is very concerned about helping out other Board Members:

1. NO mention of a body of water. In fact, water does not exist in Alberta. Period.

2. NO mention that there are Fish in Alberta. It is a LIE being broadcast by people who want you to believe that there are FISH IN ALBERTA!!! From now on, we only discuss Hockey. There Never has been, Never is, and Never will be FISH in Alberta.

3. NO mention of techniques on the Board to help others out. UNLESS you wish to post about KNITTING techniques. But only then do you do so by PM.

Remember everyone. Loose Lips Sink Ships.

There Finner Duramax.

Have I carried out my penance to your satisfaction?

Drewski

huntsfurfish 03-13-2019 11:21 PM

:love0025: Someone needs a hug.:)

kippered 03-13-2019 11:21 PM

How about them Edmonton trout ponds?

dodger 03-14-2019 08:31 AM

Does dynamite still work at lake X? Asking for a friend.

Dodger.

StringTheory 03-14-2019 08:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kippered (Post 3946351)
How about them Edmonton trout ponds?

I often enjoy knitting by the trout ponds! But I should send you a PM, don't want to break any rules!

calvin 03-14-2019 09:34 AM

Hey Drewski

Is Calling Lake on Lease land. who do i talk to about getting access? Also, is the burbot you did not see have a 4/5th curl?

58thecat 03-14-2019 09:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by huntsfurfish (Post 3946350)
:love0025: Someone needs a hug.:)

:love0025:

fsa313 03-14-2019 10:07 AM

I wish to apply for exempt status.
Cheers,
Neil

tool 03-14-2019 10:22 AM

Eat a Snickers a lose the self righteous Sarcasm.

This gets old.

finner-duramax 03-14-2019 11:17 AM

Panties in a bunch Drewski? Grow up

Talking moose 03-14-2019 11:45 AM

Well what’s the story behind this post?

finner-duramax 03-14-2019 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Talking moose (Post 3946493)
Well what’s the story behind this post?

I more or less asked for him to not name the lake his giving tip and tricks on. And he blew up.
Tough day in the office I think??

beerhunter 03-14-2019 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by finner-duramax (Post 3946499)
I more or less asked for him to not name the lake his giving tip and tricks on. And he blew up.
Tough day in the office I think??

What makes you so special to make such a request?

finner-duramax 03-14-2019 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beerhunter (Post 3946507)
What makes you so special to make such a request?

Lol good one,
It was a simple question. Relax

Double-Eh 03-14-2019 12:49 PM

Certainly not something that can be handled withing PM's...
Good call bringing this to the public level Drewski...

I'd have been with whatever finner likely said to begin with... But after this childish outburst I can't take you seriously at all

People work hard for their fishing spots. And if anyone was part of the calamity that was nakamun or siler a few years back you can see how quickly a lake can turn into a parking lot.

dxh 03-14-2019 01:25 PM

:party0051:

Sooner 03-14-2019 02:13 PM

Lakes like Calling, Slave, Pigeon, Gull etc are not secrets. The get the masses of people as they know they can keep fish there. Been that way forever. I don't think Drewski's tips will lead to Calling lake being fished out anytime soon like some perch lakes that get swamped from an internet tip. The only thing I may change when I go to Calling now is a new hook and presentation. That won't change my bad luck in trying to catch a fish :)

Jamie 03-14-2019 03:07 PM

SHHHHH. It's the internet.

There are NO SECRETS anymore. Every place in this province is available on line.

Lets help each other out and be good to one another.

Drewski Canuck 03-14-2019 03:19 PM

Thanks Jamie & others.

Calling Lake is not a "fishing spot". It is a pretty good lake, and I did not say where i was fishing on the lake.

Glad to help out where I can and will continue to do so in the future.

i have made alot of friends and enjoyed many a day with people I met on this Board. Obviously, by naming a lake, I have at least one enemy. Oh well.

For the ones who are new to fishing, or having trouble getting the hang of things, that is what this community is all about.

If this site turns into a bunch of lurkers, there will be nothing worth while for anyone pretty soon and it will slowly die.

It does not have to just be a brag board to post pictures at Lake X. It can be so much more than that.

By the way, Dynamite at Lake X only works with waterproof fuses.

Drewski

sns2 03-14-2019 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by finner-duramax (Post 3946508)
Lol good one,
It was a simple question. Relax

Your response to him on the other thread was a loser response, and you deserve whatever razzing you got. Maybe you were the one having a bad day. If you can't help someone with advice then what the hell is the point of this forum anyhow?

Stinky Buffalo 03-14-2019 04:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dodger (Post 3946415)
Does dynamite still work at lake X? Asking for a friend.

Dodger.

It does, Dodger.

However, before your friend proceeds, have him give me a day or two to get my gill nets out first... :scared0018:

Mr Flyguy 03-14-2019 05:09 PM

I don't mind naming lakes/rivers and giving generalities on seasons, techniques, lures, flies, etc., but when the babies ask for specifics on GPS coordinates or which rock or ripple to cast to then it's time to zip the lips.

vcmm 03-14-2019 05:23 PM

Well this is pretty simple for everybody. If we cannot help our fellow outdoors people. Why are we here? :thinking-006::thinking-006:

erkel1 03-14-2019 06:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vcmm (Post 3946650)
Well this is pretty simple for everybody. If we cannot help our fellow outdoors people. Why are we here? :thinking-006::thinking-006:

My dad taught me and my brothers to fish,and a friend taught me to hunt.Both of these mentors did take me to their good spots.Had i gone to the wrong areas and used the wrong techniques, i would have gave up early on.Instead i am passing on what i know to my kids and nephew,and anyone else who cares to join me in the boat.I dont want the honey holes fished out myself,but if my kid and his buddy tell me about the fish they caught in my "spot" i am just as happy as if i caught it myself.Remember not everyone has someone to mentor them, and instead of criticizing them for asking for help,ask yourself "would i be willing to take my time to help a new outdoorsman/woman".

finner-duramax 03-14-2019 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sns2 (Post 3946617)
Your response to him on the other thread was a loser response, and you deserve whatever razzing you got. Maybe you were the one having a bad day. If you can't help someone with advice then what the hell is the point of this forum anyhow?

LOL are you part of the fan club??
And this thread wasn’t a loser response to my comment on the other thread?
Some real beauts on this forum :)

dodger 03-14-2019 07:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stinky Buffalo (Post 3946634)
It does, Dodger.

However, before your friend proceeds, have him give me a day or two to get my gill nets out first... :scared0018:

My aren’t we a bit picky!

Dodger

Bigwoodsman 03-14-2019 07:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by finner-duramax (Post 3946703)
LOL are you part of the fan club??
And this thread wasn’t a loser response to my comment on the other thread?
Some real beauts on this forum :)

And your the most beautiful of all! I went to Calling because of this forum. I fished but didn’t catch. I will be going back not because of what DC shared but because I want to explore that lake. The techniques given work on any other lake in the province or country for that matter.

What give you the right to say what others should or shouldn’t say on a public forum.

BW

finner-duramax 03-14-2019 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bigwoodsman (Post 3946710)
And your the most beautiful of all! I went to Calling because of this forum. I fished but didn’t catch. I will be going back not because of what DC shared but because I want to explore that lake. The techniques given work on any other lake in the province or country for that matter.

What give you the right to say what others should or shouldn’t say on a public forum.

BW

Lol ask yourself the same question??
It’s a public forum, and I said what I wanted to say. And all you guys are getting bent out of shape.
I don’t get why guys need to name lakes, it’s like calling guys out with pics of the back grounds. It’s ignorant towards other guys who want to be hush.

Yeah it’s a big lake, and it’s no fricken secret. No kidding.
But I don’t think it’s Nessasary to make a post out of the blue naming your exact technique to the second of jigging your rod, then name the lake. To me, that’s just a seek for attention. But hey! That’s just my opinion.

SNAPFisher 03-14-2019 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drewski Canuck (Post 3946349)
Due to popular pressure, ...

What popular? It was only one member and I thought no one liked him?? :lol:

Smoky buck 03-14-2019 08:14 PM

Over 100 threads can be found searching this forum with Calling lake in the title

I don’t see why there is even an issue :thinking-006: