Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum

Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   SNC Lavalin (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showthread.php?t=388208)

manitou210 09-28-2020 05:53 PM

SNC Lavalin

COPIED FROM AN EMAIL
This makes my blood boil!! I had heard about this earlier, but couldn’t find the info about it.
A friend of ours who is trained to work on these well, was NOT given the job, because he does not know FRENCH! apparently they are sending workers from Quebec to do this work!!
So much for helping oilfield workers from Alberta get jobs!!
Oil Well Reclamation
Damien Kuriek MP and Nate Horner MLA, August 27
I was just informed that SNC Lavalin has received over 100 Contracts since January, and in particular got the Contract to Manage all the Oil Well Reclamations announced by Mr Trudeau
Trudeau would do Nothing to help the Oil Industry, but just handed out some money to clean up old wells, because he wanted to look “Green”
So instead of giving the work to Alberta Companies to address our Huge Unemployment problem, he gave the Contract to another Quebec Company
So the Profits and the Employment go to Quebecers
A friend went to try to get work on one job and they told him that all the Inspectors have to come from the East
When his son in law a farmer by Delburne heard who was doing the job, he kicked them off
They told him he had to deal with SNC as they were the only ones with the Authority and the Contract to do the Reclamation
There are more farmers over there that did the same
This is another “Deal” given to SNC by the Trudeau Liberals
Mr Kenny needs to know about this, as well as Mr O’Toole, as I’m sure they would love to open up yet another Scandal Perpetrated by the Trudeau Liberals
THIS NEEDS TO GET PUBLICIZED
We cannot go to Quebec to work, why on earth would we let SNC Lavalin work in Alberta, especially when they are Known to be Corrupt and Still getting Government
Contracts after they’ve been caught Red Handed
Would you guys Please look into this and Expose this Latest Crooked Deal against Alberta
We need all the help we can get to Demonize the Crooked Liberals or he’ll get in again with the NDP help
Let’s get this going and Expose Trudeau on another Sweetheart deal with his Quebec buddies
This is just like the WE Charity Deal
Trudeau just hands out Billions to his Buds
Trudeau did nothing for the Oil Industry in Alberta, all he did was give a clean up contract for 8 Billion to a Quebec Company

Twisted Canuck 09-28-2020 06:19 PM

Any documentation or verification of this? Not that I doubt anything SNC/Liberals touch is corrupt and dirty, but being able to substantiate the claim would go a long ways towards having any credibility.

tbiddy 09-28-2020 06:33 PM

SNC does have offices all over Canada and are not strictly a Quebec company but this is not true. Too many people get their news from Fakebook

The OWA has a list of prime contractors. SNC is not on the list.

http://www.orphanwell.ca/contractors...e-contractors/

I don’t know how to link tweets but Sonya Savage debunked this too:

https://twitter.com/sonyasavage/stat...539952640?s=21

Twisted Canuck 09-28-2020 06:36 PM

Twitter post looks like it has been deleted, but did see that SNC is not on list of contractors.....just another Urban Legend email. Delete.

fishnguy 09-28-2020 06:49 PM

I got an email saying they broke into my computer and are now in possession of all my passwords and private photographs. They demanded I transfer $10,000 to their account or they would release my photos otherwise. Even though I don’t have any photos, I sent them $5,000 and asked for some time to get another $5,000 because I currently don’t have that much. Thankfully, they agreed.

tbiddy 09-28-2020 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck (Post 4239549)
Twitter post looks like it has been deleted, but did see that SNC is not on list of contractors.....just another Urban Legend email. Delete.

I’m not the best at linking twitter but this is what it said

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/202...6cbb8e6c68.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

helluvahunter 09-28-2020 10:45 PM

Well they are still working in Alberta though. They are the ones building the new RCMP station in Coaldale Alberta. After all the Scandals. Trudeau for prison 2020

tbiddy 09-28-2020 11:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by helluvahunter (Post 4239706)
Well they are still working in Alberta though. They are the ones building the new RCMP station in Coaldale Alberta. After all the Scandals. Trudeau for prison 2020

They have 6 offices in AB. 3 in Calgary. 2 in Edmonton and 1 in Ft.Mac

Albany 09-29-2020 07:46 AM

Quote:

SNC may be doing some electrical or hvac design work but they certainly are not building any RCMP stations. The paranoia around this one corporation is incredible.

brendan's dad 09-29-2020 09:14 AM

All RCMP building are built and owned by either the municipality or Alberta public works. SNC can bid on any government job they like. If there "bid" is the best, how would a municipal or provincial government justify not selecting SNC as the contractor? Would that not be the same corruption as Trudeau awarding them a contract based on who they are? Since no sanctions were levied against SNC, fairly hard to make them stop doing business in Alberta.

Cement Bench 09-29-2020 09:22 AM

Quote:

the prior nap govt said there has to be union workers in the oilfield near drayton valley and and got the contract, do folks are ****ed and so is our local m,a

barbless 09-29-2020 05:07 PM

SNC Lavalin is on the up and up now. All controversies and scandals have been swept under the big rug and are now good to go.
And yes the Lib's will more than likely get voted in again cause the frickin NDP caved and will support them with their menial demands thinking they have done the country a big favor. It will not help all Canadians