Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum

Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/index.php)
-   Fly-Fishing Discussion (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/forumdisplay.php?f=101)
-   -   Looking for a Fly Fishing Partner Thread...etc (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showthread.php?t=164906)

Xiph0id 01-21-2013 08:58 PM

Looking for a Fly Fishing Partner Thread...etc

I know its way too early I'm thinking we should have a sticky in the sub-category. As most people know fly fishing partners are a bit tougher to find and some fly fisherman can be more selective.

What do you all think?

ESOXangler 01-22-2013 07:14 AM

Sounds good to me, im returning fly fishing from a 5 year hiatus and I don't have any friends in the Edmonton area who fly fish. Been fly fishing for most of my life, and i really need a partner willing to do the odd boot out to the mountains and such.

chucky 01-22-2013 01:04 PM

I'd be up for it too.
I'm new to these shores and don't know anyone who fishes, yet. I enjoyed exploring last year but it would be great to discover new places and go with someone like minded.

ESOXangler 01-22-2013 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chucky (Post 1813819)
I'd be up for it too.
I'm new to these shores and don't know anyone who fishes, yet. I enjoyed exploring last year but it would be great to discover new places and go with someone like minded.

as long as your not that crazy doll!:budo:

nb180 01-22-2013 08:29 PM

great idea ! great way to get out and meet new people and places

pipercub17 01-23-2013 01:15 AM

count me in !

Rabdo 01-23-2013 09:04 PM

i'm game!

chriscosta 01-31-2013 09:56 AM

id be into learning a thing or two from someone i got no friends who fly fish and im gonna be goin hard this year since i just got a new fly rod and am relatively new to the scene i tried hasse years ago and only got a couple trout and ill be honest i had a single maggot on my flyll is that cheating? Anyway heres to a good season of many memories good luck to all:love0025:

cranky 01-31-2013 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chriscosta (Post 1828102)
id be into learning a thing or two from someone i got no friends who fly fish and im gonna be goin hard this year since i just got a new fly rod and am relatively new to the scene i tried hasse years ago and only got a couple trout and ill be honest i had a single maggot on my flyll is that cheating? Anyway heres to a good season of many memories good luck to all:love0025:

Your a braver man than me admitting that on here:)

Dust1n 01-31-2013 03:21 PM

Make it sticky!

Xiph0id 02-02-2013 01:43 PM

Agreed

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fish Hunter7 (Post 1828511)
Make it sticky!

Xiph0id 02-02-2013 01:44 PM

Shoot me a message come spring/summer.
I'm in leduc and always looking for new fishing buddies.

Quote:

Originally Posted by chriscosta (Post 1828102)

Alberta Bigbore 02-02-2013 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xiph0id (Post 1812880)
I know its way too early I'm thinking we should have a sticky in the sub-category. As most people know fly fishing partners are a bit tougher to find and some fly fisherman can be more selective.

What do you all think?

Sure why not.... sticky it is

grinr 02-03-2013 11:48 AM

sure why not?

South Calgary for 2 years this June,100+ days on Bow(still learning it),25+ years flyfishing,mostly back east for Atlantics and Brookies,newly addicted to spey casting since last year,again,still learning but loving it.Ive spent a few days in the hills/found some spots/caught some fish,Oldman,Livingstone,Racehorse,Cataract,Sheep,H ighwood,Jumping Pound....always up for seeing/exploring new places.Specifically,I wouldnt mind hooking up for a day with someone that knows the Crowsnest or likeminded adventurous fool like myself willing to split gas,go in blind and see what we can find?Also plan to explore lots more of FTR this summer,Waiparous-Nordegg....possibly beyond?West coast salmon/steelhead in August??(Skeena?)Aside from that,always game for day/evening on Bow?
40+yo redneck,ammo and camo and things that go blammo,dont mind roughn it,love beer,love rye,like my wife,smoke'em if ya got'em,have truck/will travel.
PM if this sounds like you,Dave

openfire 02-06-2013 05:03 PM

I think its a good idea !

slivers86 02-09-2013 11:39 PM

great idea this thread is :) sometimes its just more enjoyable with two bug chuckers!

jfid 02-21-2013 09:06 PM

I've never fly fished before , but really wanted to learn this year, so this is a great idea for this thread !I hope there are a couple people around calgary willing to show a newbie a thing or two! I've a very adventurous type so if your another newbie looking for someone to learn with ,im up for that too! pm me anytime if anybodys interested.
have a good one,
Jeff

RustyRat 03-02-2013 10:52 PM

I'll be looking for fly fishing company as well. Been fly fishing my whole life. Just moved to Edmonton. Mostly Atlantic Salmon and Trout experience for me. I tie pretty good fly as well so if I can line up a partner or two I could supply a few patterns for a trip.

Winch101 03-22-2013 10:53 AM

A partner for fly fishing would be good

I am more than avid boat fisher in Southern Ab.
When I moved here 20 yrs. ago I was wired for the bow
Then I discovered winter bow fishing . Had a couple of
Self induced accidents , bad granite cut climbing the bank
And got taken out by a floating ice block cause I waded too deep.
Haven't been too avid last couple of years ,but now I am totally
Retired so could go anytime .... Have caught some nice trout
But always willin to learn ( my wife says I have to put in that's
Only in fishing the learning ) if you are avid and don't know nothing
That's ok too ...

Fish along 03-26-2013 03:29 PM

The leduc pond ,Trout here?

Are there any trout in the Leduc Pond ,thought I might cast a fly in there some time

pipercub17 03-27-2013 01:23 PM

they put a few trout in the leduc res every may but the fishing in there has never been worth the time !

Xiph0id 03-27-2013 06:25 PM

I've never caught anything in the reservoir either.
Might try again this year for the heck of it.

Rabdo 04-01-2013 01:40 AM

anyone plan on going fishing in the next couple days? i'm looking for someone to tag along with, will travel 2,3 hours if necessary

pipercub17 04-06-2013 05:51 PM

Hitting the bow on tue
Leaving leduc at sun up if anyone wants to tagg along
I can pick up anywhere along the way

spazzy 04-06-2013 06:04 PM

I would like to fish the crow and area this year, And would like a partner due to the remote locations i.e: castle river I dont mind trecking in for a while to get a good spot have a 4x4 and all the gear feel free to pm me I live in calgary and dont mind picking someone up

pipercub17 04-08-2013 03:38 PM

due to weather forcast I am going on wed now

Xiph0id 04-08-2013 05:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pipercub17 (Post 1922046)
due to weather forcast I am going on wed now

Fished it yet this year?
I would join you but I have that pesky work thing to do!

pipercub17 04-08-2013 07:05 PM

Yep fished it prob a doz times since the start of the year
Been fishing good
Wed looks nice supposed to be +11 to 14
If anyone wants to join let me know

quad_hopper 04-22-2013 08:06 PM

Anyone interested in fishing the Bow River this upcoming weekend? I'm a newbie and want to go with someone that can show me the ropes. I have taken a "boot camp" and have all the gear that I know of that I need. Now I just need to watch and learn from someone. I'm a quick learner. Been out a few times, I'm strictly a catch and release fisherman. I use the term "catch" loosely as I have never caught a fish on my fly rod or out of the Bow.

pipercub17 04-28-2013 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by quad_hopper (Post 1941123)
Anyone interested in fishing the Bow River this upcoming weekend? I'm a newbie and want to go with someone that can show me the ropes. I have taken a "boot camp" and have all the gear that I know of that I need. Now I just need to watch and learn from someone. I'm a quick learner. Been out a few times, I'm strictly a catch and release fisherman. I use the term "catch" loosely as I have never caught a fish on my fly rod or out of the Bow.

If you are looking for someone to show you the ropes on
The bow shoot me a pm
We could meet up sometime