Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum

Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Is Tiger Woods done (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showthread.php?t=320120)

35 whelen 04-20-2017 02:09 PM

Is Tiger Woods done

Tiger just announced he had his fourth back surgery will be out of golf for a while or permanently

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Zip 04-20-2017 02:17 PM

my bet is on...never coming back to competitive golf again...maybe the senior tour, but he wont like that as his girlfriends will also be a lot older...:)

Sooner 04-20-2017 02:20 PM

He was anointed the next one too early Imo. I am a fan but didn't like how his pedestal was put so high above the greats before he even came close. Now it looks like he will go down as a great golfer for his time but couldn't make the long run. Maybe he can go to the seniors circuit and beat up on the same guys he beat when he broke out. Hope he is not done but when you can out drive most on a regular basis for that many years, the old back takes the beating.

bucksman 04-20-2017 02:27 PM

Unfortunately this will be a Bobby Orr/Mario Lemieux type thing, we will always wonder what could have been

Trochu 04-20-2017 02:35 PM

I personally think he's been done for awhile now.

rugatika 04-20-2017 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trochu (Post 3521793)
I personally think he's been done for awhile now.

Yep, he's been out for 7 years now. Since the "incident", he never really came back.

Okotokian 04-20-2017 02:53 PM

ah, never mind. Too easy.

bucksman 04-20-2017 02:55 PM

Tiger scorecard:
4 back surgeries
4 left knee surgeries
2 left Achilles injuries
2 right Achilles injuries
1 battered body
— Ron Sirak (@ronsirak) April 20, 2017

Blastoff 04-20-2017 02:55 PM

That's fine, now he will have more time to expand his trap line. Geez maybe he will become a member here on the trapping discussion thread.

Okotokian 04-20-2017 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blastoff (Post 3521813)
That's fine, now he will have more time to expand his trap line. Geez maybe he will become a member here on the trapping discussion thread.

yeah. Tiger and Brian B going to be posting more pics! :)

bb356 04-20-2017 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zip (Post 3521780)
my bet is on...never coming back to competitive golf again...maybe the senior tour, but he wont like that as his girlfriends will also be a lot older...:)

:)

Unregistered user 04-20-2017 04:30 PM

He'll make a mint working for one of the networks.

RancheroMan 04-20-2017 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sooner (Post 3521785)
He was anointed the next one too early Imo. I am a fan but didn't like how his pedestal was put so high above the greats before he even came close. Now it looks like he will go down as a great golfer for his time but couldn't make the long run. Maybe he can go to the seniors circuit and beat up on the same guys he beat when he broke out. Hope he is not done but when you can out drive most on a regular basis for that many years, the old back takes the beating.

Woods is second all time for tour wins with 79, Sam Snead is the leader with 82.

Woods is second al time for Major wins with 14, Jack is first with 18.

There really isn't anyone else close to those kinds of numbers.

Woods was the most dominate player of his time, and is no question one of the greatest golfers of all time, and should mentioned with the greats. He is/was active(winning) for about the same number of years as Arnold Palmer with more wins and double the Majors.

I'm no Woods fan, I was Payne Stewart and Greg Norman fan and also enjoy seeing Lefty win. But no question, Wood was one of the best ever.

To answer OP's question, I think his competitive playing days are done.

Grizzly Adams 04-20-2017 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bucksman (Post 3521789)
Unfortunately this will be a Bobby Orr/Mario Lemieux type thing, we will always wonder what could have been

No, with Tiger, he had a good run, age just caught up with him, like the rest of us.

Grizz

58thecat 04-20-2017 05:32 PM

Done, from a hero to a zero, done.

35 whelen 04-20-2017 06:05 PM

Jack won his last major at 46 Tigers still got five years

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

badger 04-20-2017 07:03 PM

Read this ESPN article and see how Tiger spiraled into injury and lost his career and life. He's done mentally and physically.
http://www.espn.com/espn/feature/sto...rl-woods-death

Coyotebutcher 04-20-2017 10:31 PM

With that much money, there are plenty of other options for filling ones free time.

diamond k 04-20-2017 10:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RancheroMan (Post 3521928)
Woods is second all time for tour wins with 79, Sam Snead is the leader with 82.

Woods is second al time for Major wins with 14, Jack is first with 18.

There really isn't anyone else close to those kinds of numbers.

Woods was the most dominate player of his time, and is no question one of the greatest golfers of all time, and should mentioned with the greats. He is/was active(winning) for about the same number of years as Arnold Palmer with more wins and double the Majors.

I'm no Woods fan, I was Payne Stewart and Greg Norman fan and also enjoy seeing Lefty win. But no question, Wood was one of the best ever.

To answer OP's question, I think his competitive playing days are done.

This is exactly right. I was a Payne Stewart fan as well but he was a bit of jerk and not well liked by his peers either

Newview01 04-21-2017 06:10 AM

How does one get injured playing golf? Aside from drinking incidents...

338 Rules 04-21-2017 06:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Newview01 (Post 3522331)

It's really easy when you torque your body the way Woods was. In golf the swing is consistent as is the swing plane, so is the torquing and strain on ligaments and joints. Not surprised in the least.

Was fun to watch while it lasted, I do not find golf as enjoyable to watch as it was when Woods was playing, still fun to play though.

badger 04-21-2017 07:52 AM

He injured himself running in combat boots and trying to emulate Navy Seals.

bobinthesky 04-21-2017 08:02 AM

I hope he's done. He was a great golfer, I'll give him that but he's a lousy person in general and a poor ambassador to golf.

Grizzly Adams 04-21-2017 08:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Newview01 (Post 3522331)

Don't forget combat with wives and girlfriends, at the same time, that can really be hard on a guy . :lol:

Grizz

bucksman 04-21-2017 09:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by badger (Post 3521987)
Read this ESPN article and see how Tiger spiraled into injury and lost his career and life. He's done mentally and physically.

never read that before, thanks for the link, I always knew he was a lot harder on his body than most golfers but I never realized it was THAT bad, it all makes sense now

Okotokian 04-21-2017 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobinthesky (Post 3522389)
I hope he's done. He was a great golfer, I'll give him that but he's a lousy person in general and a poor ambassador to golf.

I sure don't condone what he did, but I bet there were a lot of other golfers and athletes in general erasing stuff off their phones after Tiger's problems came to light.

Battery 04-21-2017 11:02 AM

This time feels different. It's a new procedure he hasn't undergone before. I think this may be the surgery that fixes it all. The guy can still win. He out birdied every one in the Hero World Challenge after a year + of no competition. Hope he heals up fast and comes back strong at the beginning of next year!

338 Rules 04-21-2017 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by badger (Post 3521987)

Read the entire article. I am not convinced that Tiger is having a hard time, unless you consider having hundreds of millions of US dollars in the bank while you fly around in a private jet and cruise the oceans in your own bad ass yacht to sunny destinations to go fishing and then come home to a beautiful mansion.

If I had all of them problems I would be spent emotionally too! Yep sure sounds hard to me, if I had all of that I would be a basket case!lol

I am with you Battery, love watching the man play :)

bobinthesky 04-21-2017 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Okotokian (Post 3522511)
I sure don't condone what he did, but I bet there were a lot of other golfers and athletes in general erasing stuff off their phones after Tiger's problems came to light.

I have a very low opinion of professional athletes in general.

:thinking-006:

bucksman 04-21-2017 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Battery (Post 3522516)
This time feels different. It's a new procedure he hasn't undergone before. I think this may be the surgery that fixes it all. The guy can still win. He out birdied every one in the Hero World Challenge after a year + of no competition. Hope he heals up fast and comes back strong at the beginning of next year!

yeah but by the sounds of it, he can fix his back 100 times over but if he doesn't fix whats in his brain then its all for nothing.