Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum

Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/index.php)
-   Guns & Ammo Discussion (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Online PAL renewal - 2 weeks (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showthread.php?t=324439)

CMichaud 06-27-2017 03:37 PM

Online PAL renewal - 2 weeks

Decided I would renew my NR/R PAL via the new online method as it was coming due in October.

Took pic with my phone. Submitted online on 14 Jun. Received my new card today 27 Jun.

Couldn't believe the turn around time.

Scott N 06-27-2017 04:02 PM

It is quick for sure. Mine was somewhat delayed because I needed to send a copy of my club membership, and my only complaint is there is no way to send an attachment (like a copy of my shooting club membership) with the online application. I had to wait for a letter form the RCMP requesting a copy of shooting club membership.

Kevlak 06-27-2017 08:19 PM

That took a long time, I got mine in 6 business days lol

Kevin

Belus 06-28-2017 06:09 PM

So, here is a question.
If I have a Restricted PAL (beside the Non-Restricted one), and a few Restricted Firearms, that require shooting club membership, then I won`t be able to renew my licenses online?

CMichaud 06-28-2017 06:12 PM

No....as mentioned in the first post, I renewed both my non-restricted and restricted (same PAL/card) online with no problems

Norwest Alta 06-28-2017 07:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scott N (Post 3572735)
It is quick for sure. Mine was somewhat delayed because I needed to send a copy of my club membership, and my only complaint is there is no way to send an attachment (like a copy of my shooting club membership) with the online application. I had to wait for a letter form the RCMP requesting a copy of shooting club membership.

10 business days for me. Why did you have to send a gun club membership. My renewal didn't ask.

Norwest Alta 06-28-2017 07:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Belus (Post 3573543)
So, here is a question.
If I have a Restricted PAL (beside the Non-Restricted one), and a few Restricted Firearms, that require shooting club membership, then I won`t be able to renew my licenses online?

Didn't for mine.

Scott N 06-28-2017 08:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Norwest Alta (Post 3573586)
10 business days for me. Why did you have to send a gun club membership. My renewal didn't ask.

I'm assuming because of the "built in" ATT for restricted firearms.

Norwest Alta 06-28-2017 08:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scott N (Post 3573652)
I'm assuming because of the "built in" ATT for restricted firearms.

That's odd that they didn't ask me for mine. Recently I picked up a new restricted and all they asked for was where my membership was.

Scott N 06-28-2017 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Norwest Alta (Post 3573659)
That's odd that they didn't ask me for mine. Recently I picked up a new restricted and all they asked for was where my membership was.

Likely the difference is that they did have a copy of my membership on file, but the copy that they had expired before my renewal date.

Norwest Alta 06-28-2017 08:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scott N (Post 3573671)
Likely the difference is that they did have a copy of my membership on file, but the copy that they had expired before my renewal date.

I don't recall ever sending in a membership. Att, atc or any other thing that the can dream up.