Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum

Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/index.php)
-   Guns & Ammo Discussion (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Light weight Scope Rings (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showthread.php?t=366336)

astepanuk 07-07-2019 06:46 PM

Light weight Scope Rings
 
Hey Everyone

Itís time to mount my new VX5 on my mountain rifle my first choice would be and always has been Talley Rings but Iím looking to see if there is anything new out there that might be a lighter option.

Thanks.

Dweb 07-07-2019 07:04 PM

Warne mountain tech

Big Thumper 07-07-2019 07:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dweb (Post 3998459)
Warne mountain tech


https://store.prophetriver.com/searc...&Submit=Search

astepanuk 07-07-2019 08:55 PM

Thanks Iíll check them out.

double gun 07-07-2019 09:02 PM

I doubt you will find lighter or cheaper, but look at leupold backcountry mounts. Similar to Talley in that they are 1-piece, but much nicer lines.

http://www.leupold.com/product-serie...country-mounts

double gun 07-07-2019 09:06 PM

I reread your post, Iím not sure if you were talking the steel talleys or Talley lightweights.

6.5 shooter 07-07-2019 09:30 PM

Web: www.alaskaarmsllc.com

chuck 07-07-2019 09:56 PM

S&K. No not lighter, but close, and immensely stronger

crazy_davey 07-07-2019 10:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chuck (Post 3998577)
S&K. No not lighter, but close, and immensely stronger

Have to agree!

double gun 07-07-2019 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chuck (Post 3998577)
S&K. No not lighter, but close, and immensely stronger

Do they give the killer ring marks gentry featherweights did?

chuck 07-07-2019 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by double gun (Post 3998584)
Do they give the killer ring marks gentry featherweights did?

Not if you torque them properly.

double gun 07-07-2019 10:13 PM

Iíve always liked the look of them, but the horror stories of the wrap around rings made me nervous.

crazy_davey 07-07-2019 10:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by double gun (Post 3998595)
Iíve always liked the look of them, but the horror stories of the wrap around rings made me nervous.

I have a bunch of sets of them, one of my favourite rings by far. After I got my first set from RickF quite a few years ago I was sold.

double gun 07-07-2019 10:17 PM

They sure have a clean look.

chuck 07-07-2019 10:18 PM

You could definitely crush a scope with them.

astepanuk 07-08-2019 09:43 AM

Never heard of S&K is there a website for them.

astepanuk 07-08-2019 09:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by double gun (Post 3998543)
I doubt you will find lighter or cheaper, but look at leupold backcountry mounts. Similar to Talley in that they are 1-piece, but much nicer lines.

http://www.leupold.com/product-serie...country-mounts

Do you know if they have a ring that fits directly onto a Picitinni rail.

THanks

double gun 07-08-2019 09:58 AM

If you are running a rail, you have many options. I thought you wanted light 1-piece mounts.

marky_mark 07-08-2019 11:02 AM

If your running a rail there is lots of titanium ring options
Just google it

Kurt505 07-08-2019 11:29 AM

Iíve been trying to figure out which rings came with my rifle but they are nice, the rear ring even has a level built in. Maybe someone here will recognize them.

https://i.imgur.com/xNDhTS5.png


https://i.imgur.com/5iEIfxm.png

marky_mark 07-08-2019 11:45 AM

Those are gunwerks proprietary rings

Kurt505 07-08-2019 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marky_mark (Post 3998780)
Those are gunwerks proprietary rings

Oh...... well theyíre sweet. I canít find them on their website either.

astepanuk 07-08-2019 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marky_mark (Post 3998764)
If your running a rail there is lots of titanium ring options
Just google it

My rifle has a forged in Titanium Rail. ill start cruising the internet looking at options.

Kurt505 07-08-2019 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by astepanuk (Post 3998820)
My rifle has a forged in Titanium Rail. ill start cruising the internet looking at options.

Is it the Summit TI?

marky_mark 07-08-2019 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kurt505 (Post 3998825)
Is it the Summit TI?

Thatís my guess too

marky_mark 07-08-2019 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kurt505 (Post 3998795)
Oh...... well theyíre sweet. I canít find them on their website either.

I donít think they sell them to the public
I remember seeing one of the videos that chuck posted a while ago and it had Aaron Davidson talking about these
Was pretty cool
Iirc they have a lot more points of contact than a normal set of rings

astepanuk 07-08-2019 02:04 PM

Correct Summit TI

YoteStopper 07-08-2019 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by astepanuk (Post 3998446)
Hey Everyone

Itís time to mount my new VX5 on my mountain rifle my first choice would be and always has been Talley Rings but Iím looking to see if there is anything new out there that might be a lighter option.

Thanks.

I'm not sure how much they weigh, but ATRS makes some stellar rings. I have 3 pair of the 30mm lows, extremely solid rings. Will see if I can get an accurate weight on them for you.

astepanuk 07-09-2019 09:33 PM

Talked to the guys at prophet river today they are gonna weigh 5 different light weight options and get back to me tomorrow Iíll be interested to see the results.

manitou210 07-10-2019 08:36 AM

Hart rings
 
These Hart Rings lightest I have ever used, specific to Rem 700 action, mount with no bases. PM me if interested


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:27 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.