Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum

Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/index.php)
-   Guns & Ammo Discussion (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Anyone else trying to buy a rifle from Dave barry? (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showthread.php?t=348179)

WeatherbyFan65 08-05-2018 09:34 AM

Yes you are correct I probably shouldn't have left feedback until I received said rifle but he gave me no reason to doubt him as communication was fine, even in the last Cpl of days he got back to me right away.

Like I said I buy and sell hundreds of rifles and never have had an issue, and he gave me no reason to doubt him even when question were raised on here I text him and said hey you better go defend yourself on AO and he did ?

Don_Parsons 08-05-2018 09:37 AM

Purhaps someone other than Dave Barry is scamming him as well.

It's way to easy for tech folks to take over someone's ID now days.

Crappy deal all, I feel bad for you hard working folks.

There are those out there that will take full advantage of whom ever when they can.

Weedy1 08-05-2018 09:39 AM

For all we know at this point he could still be legit. That's besides the point though.

WeatherbyFan65 08-05-2018 09:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Weedy1 (Post 3822012)
For all we know at this point he could still be legit. That's besides the point though.

Doubtful but I was going to wait till Tuesday before getting to excited as its the long weekend.

heybert 08-05-2018 10:04 AM

Thanks for coming on here and letting us know that you haven't received your rifle yet. I've been gathering info from various members and slowly piecing things together. Any info you have would be appreciated. If you have the pm function on HBC, you can pm me there. I have also left you my number on a message on here.

MK2750 08-05-2018 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WeatherbyFan65 (Post 3822009)
Yes you are correct I probably shouldn't have left feedback until I received said rifle but he gave me no reason to doubt him as communication was fine, even in the last Cpl of days he got back to me right away.

Like I said I buy and sell hundreds of rifles and never have had an issue, and he gave me no reason to doubt him even when question were raised on here I text him and said hey you better go defend yourself on AO and he did ?

You did more than leave feedback (which is absolutely irresponsible with no transaction completed) you came across as defending the guy "Dave's been great!" "How do I leave feedback on this forum?"

Everyone would reasonably assume that both you and the other fellow actually had a positive transaction. IMO you may well have cost other members a lot of money and your reputation is as bad as the scammer.

Leaving misleading or false feedback should an automatic ban IMO.

WeatherbyFan65 08-05-2018 10:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Weedy1 (Post 3822007)
Then why would you leave this as feedback for him?

"1st class to deal with, great communication, fast shipping,AAA+ AO seller"

Feedback is intended to be used by other members in order to determine if a member is trustworthy. Sorry, but with all due respect, I have to say leaving this sort of feedback is very irresponsible especially considering you received nothing.

So just to expand on why I left feedback as my daughter lives at my mailing address while going to school and had text me that the parcel had arrived ?

it was the only outstanding parcel I had coming so being away at work (Prince Rupert) I assumed it was the rifle, so I left feedback and thought wow item showed up quick ?

as turns out it was a barrel I ordered months ago from JC Custom Barrels ?

WeatherbyFan65 08-05-2018 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MK2750 (Post 3822035)
You did more than leave feedback (which is absolutely irresponsible with no transaction completed) you came across as defending the guy "Dave's been great!" "How do I leave feedback on this forum?"

Everyone would reasonably assume that both you and the other fellow actually had a positive transaction. IMO you may well have cost other members a lot of money and your reputation is as bad as the scammer.

Yeh fair enough I accept the responsibility, anyone who got taken send me an email at lynum65@gmail.com

heybert 08-05-2018 10:20 AM

Sent you an e-mail

REMINGTON JIM 08-05-2018 10:56 AM

Quote:

Some people are actually NICE to other people unlike you ! :argue2: and Weatherby Fan is as GOOD as they get ! :love0025:

Cheers RJ

WeatherbyFan65 08-05-2018 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by REMINGTON JIM (Post 3822063)
Some people are actually NICE to other people unlike you ! :argue2: and Weatherby Fan is as GOOD as they get ! :love0025:

Cheers RJ

No worries RJ, it a unfortunate situation from my end that may have cost some members and I apologize for that.

Homesteader 08-05-2018 11:12 AM

Quote:

Can’t agree with all of this. Everyone is on their own when it comes to buying and selling online. WF65 had his reasons and explained them, which is more then he owes anyone. It’s too bad there are shiitt rat scammers in the world.

I didn’t feel comfortable and did not further engage DB, hey his initials make sense now :)

Anyway we need to come together in these situations and share info, not tar and feather a guy that is now helping out, and owning what he said/did.

Buying online is just like the stock market, if you can’t afford to light it on fire, better leave it in the bank.

Hope this somehow works out, but at a minimum everyone on here has learned a little more.

Good luck all!

Jayhad 08-05-2018 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WeatherbyFan65 (Post 3822065)
No worries RJ, it a unfortunate situation from my end that may have cost some members and I apologize for that.

Now that's rare a man who publicly accepts responsibility for a real boneheaded move.
Bravo WeatherbyFan65. You Sir, are a gentleman.
I hope you all can some how recover your moneys.

hupa 08-05-2018 12:55 PM

Unfortunately as new member, this helps me get the 20 posts needed.

hupa 08-05-2018 12:58 PM

BTW have been emailing WeatherbyFan65 over this, and he indeed is a Gentleman.

sailor 08-05-2018 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hupa (Post 3822107)

Did he reimburse you losses?

Positrac 08-05-2018 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sailor (Post 3822136)
Did he reimburse you losses?

Wow... If he was, and he shouldn’t feel obligated in any way to do so, it wouldn’t be anyone’s business...

Lefty-Canuck 08-05-2018 04:36 PM

Skimming through this mess lol....are some guys asking a guy who left a positive review (basically accidentally) to reimburse them for deals with the reviewee that went bad?

LC

Pathfinder76 08-05-2018 04:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lefty-Canuck (Post 3822167)
Skimming through this mess lol....are some guys asking a guy who left a positive review (basically accidentally) to reimburse them for deals with the reviewee that went bad?

LC

People never cease to amaze me.

REMINGTON JIM 08-05-2018 07:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hupa (Post 3822107)

The BEST of the BEST ! :) RJ

Positrac 08-05-2018 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by REMINGTON JIM (Post 3822231)
The BEST of the BEST ! :) RJ

I would agree with you 100% there RJ. Some of the things I’ve seen WeatherbyFan do for fellow members on HuntingBC puts him in a league of his own...

This is a crappy deal for all involved.

heybert 08-05-2018 08:16 PM

I've been having a conversation with WeatherbyFan65 and he is a genuinely good guy, but absolutely no taste in where to live, lol! Sorry, had to put that in being a Coquitlam boy.
Anyway, he's given me what info he's got of the scammer and I'm also wanting to get others that haven't pm'd or e-mailed me to send me any info they have on this guy. Talked to the RCMP and have an appt. tomorrow with a constable.

kingrat 08-05-2018 08:39 PM

Ya I think because of what you said it sounds like some other guys got screwed.

ram crazy 08-05-2018 09:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chuck (Post 3822169)
People never cease to amaze me.

This right here!

heybert 08-05-2018 11:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kingrat (Post 3822279)
Ya I think because of what you said it sounds like some other guys got screwed.

What I said?

kingrat 08-06-2018 07:59 AM

No I was talking about the positive review that weatherby left of Dave.

hagen1645 08-06-2018 02:30 PM

Dave

I also sent him $650 for Sig P226... Up till now he has not got back to me.

leeelmer 08-06-2018 02:51 PM

Boy I dodged a bullet on this one. Asked a question on the kimber 325 he had up. Nnever got back to me. Wanted that one bad. Been screwed once before by a scammer and got lucky here.
I was sure bitter about that one. Tracked his IP address after the rcmp basically told me to bad! Hopefully the guy gets what is coming to him eventually

Suzukisam 08-06-2018 04:49 PM

I communicated on the Dakota 338 for 900. Thought price way to low ask why. He seemed insulted that I asked. Want me to go to Prince George to do deal. Cut of fuel there and back would have been a no deal. Dodge a miss fire there I guess

WeatherbyFan65 08-06-2018 08:12 PM

Hopefully once things simmer down the mods will let us have a Custom Rifle Recovery Raffle to repay the affected members.