Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum

Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Best soundbar for your TV....what, how much and why do you like it so much? (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showthread.php?t=353289)

FQ2 10-20-2018 03:44 PM

Best soundbar for your TV....what, how much and why do you like it so much?

Best soundbar for your TV....what, how much and why do you like it?

Booming nice clear sound..........all over

:47b20s0:

Big_Willy 10-20-2018 07:16 PM

I run a Polk Audio wireless soundbar on my primary TV. Soundbar plus Bluetooth sub-woofer. I paid around $300 on-sale about five years ago and its still 'rockin. The newer stuff has much more features and power- I believe the high end Polk system is around 400 watts with 5.1 and around $900 retail.

I would wait till the Holidays as deep discounting is assured.

Check audio magazines or consumer reviews to focus on what you desire, then pounce when price is right.

If you want ear-bleed volume, surround go with a component audio system though.

GrouseHunter 10-20-2018 07:25 PM

I bought a high end soundbar for my TV last year, listened to it for 15 minutes and returned it the next day. Then I bought a Yamaha surround sound system from Visions that was on sale 1,000 X's better.

My advise is to find a great deal on a surround sound system. Sound bars are barely better than TV Speakers IMO

elkhunter11 10-20-2018 07:39 PM

I purchased a Bose system about five years ago. It consists of a sound bar, a separate bass speaker, and an amp, and the sound is better than most surround sound systems that I have heard. The system actually adjusts to the room .I paid around $1500 at the time, and I don't regret my purchase.

JohnB 10-20-2018 08:00 PM

Have a look at Sonos.

reddeerguy2015 10-20-2018 09:37 PM

Sonos.

But don't forget the sub - it's absolutely essential.

The ease of use, functionality (everything is controlled from an app on your smartphone), clarity - it's all excellent.

Radio, streaming, home theater, music.

We use ours every single day, simply because it's so easy to use and very convenient.

You'll pay for it, but for me - it was worth it.

You can easily add play speakers later if you want the full surround sound experience.

Don't forget about the sub...

sns2 10-20-2018 09:47 PM

I'm running a Bose. Shakes the walls if you want it too.

does it ALL outdoors 10-21-2018 07:13 PM

I have a Polk on my bedroom TV. Does the trick.

If you have the room for a real stereo with surround sound go that route.

Sound bars are very limited by comparison but I get why they are popular, not everyone needs or wants a home theatre that can rattle your fillings loose.

DiabeticKripple 10-21-2018 08:35 PM

I run a polk as well.

Really good clarity and quite loud. Sub booms good on the laminate as well

KGB 10-22-2018 11:33 AM

I have a full surround by Bose in my basement set up but we don’t use the basement room anymore. Our main floor family room tv wasn’t giving us very good sound. I was given a Bose sound bar at work as a gift and to be honest I’m not impressed at all. The sound from it is may be a bit better than tv itself.

elkhunter11 10-22-2018 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KGB (Post 3859235)
I have a full surround by Bose in my basement set up but we don’t use the basement room anymore. Our main floor family room tv wasn’t giving us very good sound. I was given a Bose sound bar at work as a gift and to be honest I’m not impressed at all. The sound from it is may be a bit better than tv itself.

Did you tune the sound bar to the room? It can make a significant difference.

bat119 10-22-2018 12:11 PM

I have the Bose Acoustimass system 2 speakers and a bass thumper I've had used it for 6 years shakes the house if required, we use it daily the TV sounds flat without it.

barbless 10-22-2018 12:13 PM

Yamaha YSP 3000 and a Yammy sub wow awesome sound. Got it probably 7 years ago. That YSP has so many speakers in it, it's crazy. I checked out a $h!t load of them and got this one. Pure sound and it cranks for volume and will rattle some walls. Also did the setup (tune to the room) in the big living room (14 by 20 ) with all the furniture and no bodies (live ones anyways):sHa_sarcasticlol: Oh and go figure........ Both engines on my boat are YAMAHA'S :sHa_shakeshout::sHa_sarcasticlol: People don't believe it's not a regular sounds around system.

Dean2 10-22-2018 12:39 PM

May not be the best but it was inexpensive. I tried the $1800 dollar Bose against a $400 Klipsh. I bought the Klipsh. Have had it for going on 7 years and still working great. With the Bar and the Sub woofer you can rattle the walls but I never listen to anything that loud so I cared more about nice clear sound at low volume. I found the Klipsh clearer at normal volume than the Bose and saved $1,400.

Check out the reviews on line and you will find Bose is not rated very highly, partly due to their really high pricing vs sound quality. Klipsh and Polk are both better choices, and LG now makes a really good sound bar for a decent price, the one on the downstairs TV is a LG but it is only a few months old sso can't talk to longevity.

icehunter 10-23-2018 12:44 PM

Nuance speakers with pioneer receiver. Rattles the neighbours 3/4s of a block away. Clear as a bell. Cost..you don't want to know!

Okotok 10-23-2018 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by icehunter (Post 3859745)
Nuance speakers with pioneer receiver. Rattles the neighbours 3/4s of a block away. Clear as a bell. Cost..you don't want to know!

Pioneer Receiver and Totem Tribe speakers and sub here. Earthshaking power and cost...yeah. I have a Visio Soundbar on my downstairs TV that was around $400 if I recall. It's pretty impressive but doesn't compare with the surround system.

270person 10-23-2018 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by icehunter (Post 3859745)

Nuance speakers. Courtesy of Int'l stereo or Soundsaround. Great scam.