Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum

Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/index.php)
-   Hunting Discussion (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Detailed crown land map for alberta? (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showthread.php?t=264946)

kykamo 09-07-2015 10:36 PM

Detailed crown land map for alberta?

Hey guys,

iv been looking for a detailed map of exactly where crown land starts and ends, but cant find one that pinpoints exactly where it starts. there's a few plots of land that i am curious about and it would also be a good resource when traveling. i mostly want to know so i can find the closest crown land to my house for target practice.

can anyone help me out?

thanks

DiabeticKripple 09-07-2015 10:51 PM

It's done by the county.

Go to the county office and buy a land owner map.

Ihunter AB also has landowner maps on their app.

HowSwedeItIs 09-08-2015 12:15 AM

By purchasing the land ownership map on iHunter I assume we'll get updates every few years, right?

Nelson712 09-08-2015 08:40 AM

The iHunter helps but I find its not as good as having county maps. I'm also struggling to find areas close to edmonton for grouse hunting. Its almost like pulling teeth trying to get responses where to go. I have no problem driving 3 hours for deer but would love to have somewhere close for grouse so I can go out fter work.

Stu2029 09-08-2015 09:02 AM

I use the online government mapping tool here: https://maps.srd.alberta.ca/RecAcces...ewer=RecAccess

Then cross reference it with iHunter and mark waypoints on the roads when they cross into public land. Never had it steer me wrong.

Also has contact info for lease holders on that site.

ADH 09-08-2015 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DiabeticKripple (Post 2956604)
It's done by the county.

Go to the county office and buy a land owner map.

Ihunter AB also has landowner maps on their app.

How do you access the land ownership on the map?

ADH 09-08-2015 10:36 AM

Sorry in I hunter

scaffoldpig1 09-23-2015 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ADH (Post 2956970)
Sorry in I hunter

on the app you can buy the county maps which shows you all crown land and owners of all private land for that county

aulrich 09-23-2015 04:05 PM

Ihunter has some county maps as in app purchases, 15ish so far. The ones I saw ran about 20$ each.

Personally I don't hold my breath getting permissions with cold calling when I am closer than 30Km from a big center. Too many acreages, hobby farms and opportunities lost to boneheads who wreck it for everyone.

trekstar 09-23-2015 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nelson712 (Post 2956813)
The iHunter helps but I find its not as good as having county maps. I'm also struggling to find areas close to edmonton for grouse hunting. Its almost like pulling teeth trying to get responses where to go. I have no problem driving 3 hours for deer but would love to have somewhere close for grouse so I can go out fter work.

Golden Arches Hunting Connservation 20 min out of sherwood park few chickens there and WT MUleys and MOOse

Nelson712 09-24-2015 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trekstar (Post 2974567)
Golden Arches Hunting Connservation 20 min out of sherwood park few chickens there and WT MUleys and MOOse

Thanks Trekstar. I'll have to check into it.

abhunter8 09-25-2015 09:46 AM

There is no easy way on this one. It takes a lot of homework, effort, leg work and time.

dezmo13 09-07-2017 10:19 PM

yup!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stu2029 (Post 2956841)
I use the online government mapping tool here: https://maps.srd.alberta.ca/RecAcces...ewer=RecAccess

Then cross reference it with iHunter and mark waypoints on the roads when they cross into public land. Never had it steer me wrong.

Also has contact info for lease holders on that site.

perfect site!!
thank you for posting

gloszz 09-07-2017 11:39 PM

Just use the free maps provided here. Thread started called 25+ free county maps. As detailed as you can get for free.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...1pMRC1OTjZVTmc

elkhunter11 09-08-2017 06:35 AM

I just spent $80 on new landowner maps, and will be buying some more. Even if you know who owns the land, it can be difficult to contact them. Luckily, I am far enough from any major city, that permission has been fairly easy to get from most land owners. Crown land isn't all that common where I live, so private land is the best option around here.

waterninja 09-08-2017 09:21 AM

I am not that tec savvy, so I buy county land maps then use them in conjuction with te AEP recreational access map. You can get detailed access and contact info, and quite often you find lease land that you didn't know about.
One thing that bugs me is that not all county maps have crown land highligted in green. Makes it a little tougher.

Newview01 09-08-2017 10:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HowSwedeItIs (Post 2956653)
By purchasing the land ownership map on iHunter I assume we'll get updates every few years, right?

Nope, updated land ownership maps must be purchased as well.

madball 09-08-2017 02:16 PM

there's a thread on here that has a bunch of the county maps.

http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showt...highlight=maps

the iHunter app is a great resource for this too.

Sogseal 03-20-2018 01:08 PM

White areas on AB Rec Use Interactive Maps?

This might be a dumb question; what are the white areas on the map? I see that green are crown land mostly with leases but there are huge amounts of what appears to unspecified areas (checkered with oil lease roads it looks like). Are these accessible does anyone know?

Thanks all.

Bushmaster 03-20-2018 01:26 PM

Lots of these maps are available (downloadable) from the county or MD websites.

ceadog 03-20-2018 01:41 PM

The ACA sites are decent too.

http://www.albertadiscoverguide.com/search.cfm?h=1

Pasc43 03-20-2018 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sogseal (Post 3755331)
This might be a dumb question; what are the white areas on the map? I see that green are crown land mostly with leases but there are huge amounts of what appears to unspecified areas (checkered with oil lease roads it looks like). Are these accessible does anyone know?

Thanks all.

That would all be private land.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

Fordman77 03-30-2018 12:01 PM

Around Edmonton

Anyone know a place or person willing to allow me and my daughter's to do some target shooting on their property around Edmonton?

EZM 03-31-2018 10:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fordman77 (Post 3761825)
Anyone know a place or person willing to allow me and my daughter's to do some target shooting on their property around Edmonton?

You should probably go to a range - I'm not sure too many people would grant access to someone they don't know for "target shooting" on their land.

Fordman77 04-01-2018 04:16 PM

Around Edmonton

Well I would go to ranges but they end up costing a fortune and they are all indoors in Edmonton. Closest outdoor range is 1 1/2 hours away. The administrator for this site hasn't granted me access to this site yet. I used to know Farmers out of town but they sold their farms.

Sameron 04-01-2018 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kykamo (Post 2956583)
Hey guys,

iv been looking for a detailed map of exactly where crown land starts and ends, but cant find one that pinpoints exactly where it starts. there's a few plots of land that i am curious about and it would also be a good resource when traveling. i mostly want to know so i can find the closest crown land to my house for target practice.

can anyone help me out?

thanks

hey OP what area are you from? I'm new to the Calgary area and im looking for the same thing

CNP 04-01-2018 08:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sameron (Post 3763076)
hey OP what area are you from? I'm new to the Calgary area and im looking for the same thing

The OP posted three years ago. The answer you seek is right below the OP.

Highlander44 04-15-2018 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kykamo (Post 2956583)
Hey guys,

can anyone help me out?

thanks

Skip the hassle and download the IHunter app- worth every penny

Urban1095 10-18-2019 05:59 PM

Crown Land Question

Gents,

I found some crown land , 2 small parcels that are not leases of any variety. But they have sour gas lines on them. They are not marked with, do not trespass, they just mark the pipeline ROW as "private road". Can I head in there without getting crap? Just like regular crown land?

I tried the county twice, called, emailed. no one has gotten back to me.

Dolly’s Mom 10-18-2019 06:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Urban1095 (Post 4042039)
Gents,

I found some crown land , 2 small parcels that are not leases of any variety. But they have sour gas lines on them. They are not marked with, do not trespass, they just mark the pipeline ROW as "private road". Can I head in there without getting crap? Just like regular crown land?

I tried the county twice, called, emailed. no one has gotten back to me.

If it’s crown land you need to call AEP. Found this, it might call

https://www.alberta.ca/assets/docume...t-contacts.pdf