Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum

Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Man shoots himself on stairs of Alberta Legislature (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showthread.php?t=373201)

tirebob 12-02-2019 03:56 PM

Man shoots himself on stairs of Alberta Legislature

https://globalnews.ca/news/6246038/a...hoots-himself/

Holy cow! What is happening out there?? This stuff is so sad... Unfortunate things feel so bleak they feel there is no way out above ground.

Selkirk 12-02-2019 04:01 PM

The Big question is; "Why❓".

But for now ... Condolences to the Family & Friends.

Selkirk

JohninAB 12-02-2019 04:02 PM

My thoughts and prayers are with those he left behind. Terrible when this happens, especially at this time of year.

May he RIP.

Justfishin73 12-02-2019 04:03 PM

Some very bad years ahead--maybe the worst yet. I work in Nisku--it is a ghost town---projects cancelled left and right after the election. I sell steel to the patch--we see slowdowns before anybody else, brutal out there.

Pull it in tight and don't spend any money boys, some very tough years ahead.

I have just about given up on the pipeline. Please kibosh any more foreign investment too turdeau, that will certainly help.

buckbrush 12-02-2019 04:21 PM

Always sad to hear about someone getting to that point.

I don’t know his reason but no one should ever be that down.

Condolences to all people affected by this. Sad.

HowSwedeItIs 12-02-2019 04:27 PM

Talk about tragic, condolences to his family

Sashi 12-02-2019 04:33 PM

It is very important to find out the Why and maybe do something about it. Alot of people have run out ei. They fall off any list, no longer on the list of unemployed. no longer in the tally. Where do they turn, how do the feed their families????

teledogs 12-02-2019 04:42 PM

Very sad! Condolences and may he Rest In Peace!

Skoaltender 12-02-2019 04:44 PM

Sad indeed. Happens all too often.

RIP

Grizzly Adams 12-02-2019 05:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Selkirk (Post 4066849)

Selkirk

X2.

Grizz

ctd 12-02-2019 06:34 PM

Sad news for sure.
It seems like there is a message in his persons suicide. Lets hope their family gets some closure.

Sad, so very sad.

Unclebud 12-02-2019 06:41 PM

It’s TRAGIC!! Heard today they found a business owner in Nisku, hanging from the rafters. I won’t say who, but knew him well. I can’t quit thinking about his wife and kids!

Bigwoodsman 12-02-2019 06:43 PM

Quote:

Selkirk

X3
So very sad!
Men if you’re having issues TALK to someone if you’re having issues. Iv been down that road thankfully someone noticed and gave me an avenue to talk to someone. It was one of the most difficult things I ever did. I’m grateful everyday for that chance to talk.

SEEKING HELP IS NOT A SIGN OF WEAKNESS.

BW

58thecat 12-02-2019 07:21 PM

Quote:

Selkirk

True....

RO CC 12-02-2019 09:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unclebud (Post 4066993)
It’s TRAGIC!! Heard today they found a business owner in Nisku, hanging from the rafters. I won’t say who, but knew him well. I can’t quit thinking about his wife and kids!

Tragic, indeed! And unlike your acquaintance and the other over five hundred desperate albertans, every year, that decide to leave this world on their terms, this fella sure tried to make a statement. I hope he/she/it wasn’t a registered nurse. That’ll keep everybody busy spinning things for a while.

does it ALL outdoors 12-03-2019 03:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unclebud (Post 4066993)

Damn, that's terrible. Even worse when kids are involved :(

Condolences to all friends and family involved.

waldedw 12-03-2019 05:32 AM

Condolences to the families of both men, sad indeed when people take their own lives for whatever reason,

pikergolf 12-03-2019 06:04 AM

Sad, condolences to his survivors.

kingrat 12-03-2019 07:03 AM

Sad for sure but at least he didnt take a bunch of innocent people with him.

DWS 12-03-2019 07:43 AM

13% rise in bankruptcies in the month of October alone.
And more lay offs over the horizon.....

teledogs 12-03-2019 07:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bigwoodsman (Post 4066994)
X3
So very sad!
Men if you’re having issues TALK to someone if you’re having issues. Iv been down that road thankfully someone noticed and gave me an avenue to talk to someone. It was one of the most difficult things I ever did. I’m grateful everyday for that chance to talk.

SEEKING HELP IS NOT A SIGN OF WEAKNESS.

BW

Agreed 100%
I am currently having a hard time accepting my recent health issues and going through some post surgery darkness. My life has been spared by the surgery yet I am having a hard time being happy about it. I can't explain it or fix it on my own. Going to the councillor/shrink today at 9am. Very hard phone call to make but I know I will be grateful to have the opportunity to talk and have someone listen. Please get help when you need it!

blacknorthernjk 12-03-2019 08:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by teledogs (Post 4067291)
Agreed 100%
I am currently having a hard time accepting my recent health issues and going through some post surgery darkness. My life has been spared by the surgery yet I am having a hard time being happy about it. I can't explain it or fix it on my own. Going to the councillor/shrink today at 9am. Very hard phone call to make but I know I will be grateful to have the opportunity to talk and have someone listen. Please get help when you need it!

I hope you can recover soon and well, truly. Sounds like you're doing the right stuff, best wishes for you.

HeavyD111 12-03-2019 08:15 AM

You can’t fix it on your own, asking for help was the right move. Hang in there, work on getting healthy.

fishtank 12-03-2019 08:32 AM

Quote:

Agreed 100%

You made the right choice , hope everything work out for you . In some case At the end of the day things will be fine, sometime we worried too much . Don’t for get to take your vitamins for the winter months it does help .

Big Grey Wolf 12-03-2019 08:39 AM

Telledogs, good to see you are seeking help in very tough time. My old dad would advise me with his poor english during 80's recession, "Do not think to much" It helped!

2 Tollers 12-03-2019 09:52 AM

Quote:

Agreed 100%

Sorry to hear on your depression. At a personal level it is very difficult to deal with and reaching out to talk with someone is an excellent first step. I wish you well. There are some groups out there as well as one on one. Send me a PM if you are interested in expanding the discussion groups.

Having travelled your road -- I wish you all the best.

sdb8440 12-03-2019 10:28 AM

Quote:

Agreed 100%

Sorry to hear, you can beat this. I just heard about this today, they have some resources that also may help.

https://menandfamilies.org/lookbehindthemask/

teledogs 12-03-2019 10:55 AM

Thanks everyone for your kind words & support. It means so much! For the record I am not suicidal just quite blue. My open heart surgery was a lot more to deal with mentally than I could ever have imagined and from the records it is quite normal. I had a great session today and will beat this!! Thanks again.

Sorry for the derail...

HunterDave 12-03-2019 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by teledogs (Post 4067389)
Thanks everyone for your kind words & support. It means so much! For the record I am not suicidal just quite blue. My open heart surgery was a lot more to deal with mentally than I could ever have imagined and from the records it is quite normal. I had a great session today and will beat this!! Thanks again.

Sorry for the derail...

My Mom went through the same thing as you after open heart surgery. I wasn't aware of how common it was until the Doctor told us. The good news is that she rebounded after seeking and receiving treatment and is now living a happy healthy life. You'll get through this. You just have to weather the storm until you can get back on your feet. Hang in there!

MooseRiverTrapper 12-03-2019 12:18 PM

During the election I heard alberta has 150k people unemployed and highest suicide rate in Canada for young males.