Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum

Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Life is about to change...... (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showthread.php?t=244060)

cricketlakehunter 01-28-2015 04:56 PM

Life is about to change......

For my wife and I. We were married two and a half years ago, and have been trying to start our family ever since. After a multitude of Doctors appointments and tests (including a trip to Victoria to see a fertility Dr), I am proud to announce that we will be welcoming not one, not two, but three little outdoorsmen/women some time in July! Very exciting, and a little terrifying at the same time lol.

Talking moose 01-28-2015 04:58 PM

Three!!!! Holy smokes. Congratz and good luck with that!!

Matt L. 01-28-2015 05:00 PM

:scared0015: holy crap! Congrats man!

mooseknuckle 01-28-2015 05:03 PM

Holy smokes!! I have 4 total, 1 set of twins. But 3..... At once!! Wow! Congrats! That's pretty cool. I would celebrate with a vacectamy! But s that's just my opinion.

IR_mike 01-28-2015 05:05 PM

Congratulations.....you accomplished 3 years worth of work in 1.

Well done!!

Hydro1 01-28-2015 05:06 PM

Congratulations!!! :sHa_shakeshout:

edmhunter 01-28-2015 05:06 PM

You are a lucky man! Congratulations :sHa_shakeshout:

Sooner 01-28-2015 05:09 PM

Might as well get the mother inlaw room ready. Holy cow that's a lot of diapers and no sleep all at once. Congrats, wishing you and your wife 3 happy healthy babies this July.

cricketlakehunter 01-28-2015 05:12 PM

Thanks fellas. It was a long road, and I am very thankful that it happened for us. There are many couples that will never have they're own children.

Artist 01-28-2015 05:15 PM

Bin-der-done-dat too! (Although not 3!) WOW - congrats! That's awesome!
Pretty soon....:grouphugg:

bubba 96 01-28-2015 06:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mooseknuckle (Post 2714901)
Holy smokes!! I have 4 total, 1 set of twins. But 3..... At once!! Wow! Congrats! That's pretty cool. I would celebrate with a vacectamy! But s that's just my opinion.

I agree with the celebration, did that after I could not fathom changing 15 to 20 diapers a day....lol

Congrats on the hatrick you'll be busy..(and the 26 of July has been good for me.)

Hunter1602 01-28-2015 06:15 PM

Wooooooohhhhhhh!!!!!
3 !!!!!!! LoL congrats, that's great news.

416 Ultramag 01-28-2015 06:15 PM

Holy crap,

Congratulations.

We also have had triplets and the first 18 months is holy s$&7. Don't even think about anything but disposable diapers. Join the twin and triplet club and you will find a lot of discounts around for what you will need. Also get a big list of stuff you need, cribs,car seats.... And then go to one or two of the kid stores and give them a list and get them to quote on it. And tell them what you are expecting. It will save hundreds if not thousands. Start now and look on Kijji for a triplet stroller used as when you see the new price you had better be sitting down.

Get help you WILL need it especially for mom. So I hope her or your parents are close by. Also don't cheap out on a breast pump as your wife will need it and you want a good one believe me. Just about all of the stuff you will be able to re sell. Get lots of sleep now! One other thing when one baby is hungry, wake them all up and get them all done and pumping done at the same time or you will never sleep.

Zulu9er 01-28-2015 06:16 PM

Congrats, hope it all goes well,,, remember,, the names Curly, Larry and Moe have already been taken
All the best

Bigwoodsman 01-28-2015 06:17 PM

Congrats. You are definetly an over achiever. One was tough but 3 wow.

BW

cricketlakehunter 01-28-2015 06:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 416 Ultramag (Post 2715002)
Holy crap,

Congratulations.

We also have had triplets and the first 18 months is holy s$&7. Don't even think about anything but disposable diapers. Join the twin and triplet club and you will find a lot of discounts around for what you will need. Also get a big list of stuff you need, cribs,car seats.... And then go to one or two of the kid stores and give them a list and get them to quote on it. And tell them what you are expecting. It will save hundreds if not thousands. Start now and look on Kijji for a triplet stroller used as when you see the new price you had better be sitting down.

Get help you WILL need it especially for mom. So I hope her or your parents are close by. Also don't cheap out on a breast pump as your wife will need it and you want a good one believe me. Just about all of the stuff you will be able to re sell. Get lots of sleep now! One other thing when one baby is hungry, wake them all up and get them all done and pumping done at the same time or you will never sleep.

Thanks ultramag. My wife was thinking of cloth diapers but that went out the window the first ultrasound lol. We have lots of family close by (within a few miles) so we have lots of support. We found a woman in red deer whose triplets are just past stroller age and we arranged to buy hers. You are right, I just about hit the floor when I saw the new price. As for the rest of your advice, thank you very much and we will heed it.

Thanks again.

CLH

tswancoat 01-28-2015 06:27 PM

Congrats! Wife and I are expecting twin girls at the end of May. BIG shift in the balance of power for me and the boy. Lol. Again congrats and good luck!

TS

Vigilante 01-28-2015 06:28 PM

Congratulations! I cannot even imagine what that would be like! We used to have 3 dogs and I thought THAT was a handfull...!!!!

cricketlakehunter 01-28-2015 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tswancoat (Post 2715026)
Congrats! Wife and I are expecting twin girls at the end of May. BIG shift in the balance of power for me and the boy. Lol. Again congrats and good luck!

TS

Thank you. Congrats to you as well!

Mister Muskeg 01-28-2015 06:37 PM

Congratulations.....that is a BIG handful. I can offer no advice as we only had 1. What I can say is that if you have 3 girls.....you'll have 9 or 10 sons in about 11 or 12 years....so all is not lost if the girls don't like hunting or fishing.

And if you can show them that you're a good shot......they just might have a little more respect.....LOL

Sooner 01-28-2015 07:02 PM

Diaper Genie and lots of refills will be one of your best purchases.

260 Rem 01-28-2015 07:04 PM

Get some sleep, you're going to need it!

airbornedeerhunter 01-28-2015 07:09 PM

Pamper party

We have multiples too. It's amazing man, you'll have your hands full without a doubt.

If I may make a suggestion. Sometime prior to the birth have a pamper party. It's the male equivalent of a baby shower. Invite all your buddies, male family members to a big drunk at your place. Price of admission is a pack/box of pampers. Doesn't matter what size, brand, you can exchange them at Walmart even without receipts.

We made a giant pot of venison chili, lots of appetizers and a well stocked bar. We didn't need to buy diapers for about 2 1/2 months. You'll be amazed at how fast you'll go through them and how expensive it will get!

cricketlakehunter 01-28-2015 07:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by airbornedeerhunter (Post 2715119)
We have multiples too. It's amazing man, you'll have your hands full without a doubt.

If I may make a suggestion. Sometime prior to the birth have a pamper party. It's the male equivalent of a baby shower. Invite all your buddies, male family members to a big drunk at your place. Price of admission is a pack/box of pampers. Doesn't matter what size, brand, you can exchange them at Walmart even without receipts.

We made a giant pot of venison chili, lots of appetizers and a well stocked bar. We didn't need to buy diapers for about 2 1/2 months. You'll be amazed at how fast you'll go through them and how expensive it will get!

Thanks ABDH. Kinda funny the wife and I were discussing this very thing just last night. Lol. Will definitely be having one. Only thing I need now is a conveyor belt from the nursery to the waste bin! Lol

Badback 01-28-2015 07:15 PM

Congratulations....Get lots of sleep now!!!!

bubba 96 01-28-2015 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sooner (Post 2715108)
Diaper Genie and lots of refills will be one of your best purchases.

The sausage maker can not be beat, with two, might have to put a smelly puck in there..

vital shok 01-28-2015 07:37 PM

A few more and you got the starting line up of a hockey team congrats to you and momma hope it's smooth sailing.im rooting for you.

dumoulin 01-28-2015 07:46 PM

Same deal as my bro in law. Good news is it's only one pregnancy! The bad news is that you are now outnumbered! lol

Burrowing Owl 01-28-2015 08:58 PM

How very exciting to have such a reward after all your trials !

Enjoy the experience, because while it takes forever for them to grow up, once they fly the nest you'll wonder how it was such a short time!

Let us know the results in July?

alacringa 01-28-2015 08:59 PM

Very cool, Cricket -- just don't expect a lot of outdoors time in the next couple of years!