Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum

Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/index.php)
-   Hunting Discussion (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Spring black bear outfitters (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showthread.php?t=362665)

new_AB_huntet 04-19-2019 06:35 PM

Spring black bear outfitters

Who's out there that can get the job done and not destroy the bank account ?

sns2 04-19-2019 08:56 PM

:scared0018::budo::scared0018::budo:Alberta Advantage Outfitters

sns2 04-19-2019 08:57 PM

Just so you are clear, that is a joke. Do not under any circumstances go anywhere near this outfit.

OL_JR 04-19-2019 09:19 PM

Byron and Cathy Wolf - wolfhuntinadventures.com

Stand up folks 100% and hunt some great country for big bears.

Jamie 04-19-2019 09:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sns2 (Post 3965445)
just so you are clear, that is a joke. Do not under any circumstances go anywhere near this outfit.

lolol

Trappingman 04-20-2019 09:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OL_JR (Post 3965457)
Byron and Cathy Wolf - wolfhuntinadventures.com

Stand up folks 100% and hunt some great country for big bears.

I would avoid this outfit like the plague I have heard a lot of shady stories about them

Torkdiesel 04-20-2019 09:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by new_AB_huntet (Post 3965382)
Who's out there that can get the job done and not destroy the bank account ?

I don’t know anybody doing resident bear hunts, and anybody that normally takes non residents isn’t going to be cheap enough for what you’re looking for.

I don’t know how much you want to spend, but for the money northern Saskatchewan is probably your best bet.

You could do a 6 day hunt with great fishing for about $2500-3000 on a cancellation / last minute deal.

If you want to do a hound hunt in BC I can help you out too. But you’ll have to bring a friend, and it’s going to cost you about $5500 each Canadian.

SageValleyOutdoors 04-20-2019 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sns2 (Post 3965443)
:scared0018::budo::scared0018::budo:Alberta Advantage Outfitters

That’s the worst joke I’ve ever heard!!

Dean2 04-20-2019 11:37 AM

Give Smokey River Outfitters a call. They were doing Resident and Non-Resident last year. They were about $4,000 U.S. for six days on baited stands, including food and accommodation. Greg runs a great outfit and they will work damn hard to get you the bear you are looking for. Chances of him having an opening this late are pretty small unless he had a cancellation.

http://www.smokyriveroutfitting.com

tikka250 04-20-2019 12:57 PM

Not sure about resident hunting but give wizard lake outfitting a call.

packhuntr 04-21-2019 10:20 AM

If you are interested in Ab spring bear, i have 2 openings available for my May 18-25 time slot.
7 day on stand hunt, Fly-In, all accommodations, fully guided over bait.
$3000. CAD per spot, all in.
This is an under cost sale price.
Last minute, as we launch in mere days to set up the program and get baits going for the year.
Remote, opportunity to take BIG bears.
Call Wes,
Alberta Prairie Outfitters
1 (403) 793-3906

OL_JR 04-21-2019 08:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trappingman (Post 3965665)
I would avoid this outfit like the plague I have heard a lot of shady stories about them

I'd really, really have a hard time believing much of anything you've "heard" concerning shadiness. Known them for a lot of years.

I think you should "avoid" alcohol.

Torkdiesel 04-21-2019 09:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OL_JR (Post 3966275)
I'd really, really have a hard time believing much of anything you've "heard" concerning shadiness. Known them for a lot of years.

Well I don’t drink, and I’ll reiterate the points made above. Alberta Advantage Outfitters and its owner crack tooth Betty are crooks and con artists.

You’d have to be dumber then a burnt sack of hair to give them .15 cents of your money.

How somebody hasn’t beat him to a pulp with a shovel is beyond me. He will no doubt go down in history as the worst guide Outfitter to ever hold a license in Alberta !!!

OL_JR 04-21-2019 11:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Torkdiesel (Post 3966295)
Well I don’t drink, and I’ll reiterate the points made above. Alberta Advantage Outfitters and its owner crack tooth Betty are crooks and con artists.

You’d have to be dumber then a burnt sack of hair to give them .15 cents of your money.

How somebody hasn’t beat him to a pulp with a shovel is beyond me. He will no doubt go down in history as the worst guide Outfitter to ever hold a license in Alberta !!!

Maybe re read and try again.

CBintheNorth 04-21-2019 11:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by packhuntr (Post 3966065)
If you are interested in Ab spring bear, i have 2 openings available for my May 18-25 time slot.
7 day on stand hunt, Fly-In, all accommodations, fully guided over bait.
$3000. CAD per spot, all in.
This is an under cost sale price.
Last minute, as we launch in mere days to set up the program and get baits going for the year.
Remote, opportunity to take BIG bears.
Call Wes,
Alberta Prairie Outfitters
1 (403) 793-3906

Wow. At that price it's not even worth doing it yourself, unless you enjoy all the hard work or just want to shoot 1 good bear.
Established baits are always a big bonus, but if the area is good, so too will be the bears.
Helluva deal.

Torkdiesel 04-21-2019 11:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OL_JR (Post 3966368)
Maybe re read and try again.

lol !!!

I read it wrong, thought you were vouching for CG. Totally missed the quote about Byron and Cathy.

Please ignore my previous mistake 🙁

Trappingman 04-22-2019 07:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OL_JR (Post 3966275)

Stick up for your buddy all you want but he will eventually get caught and end up like Phil Cahoon, like I said avoid this guy he does a lot of shady stuff

Wolfsnare 04-22-2019 08:07 AM

Bears

What happened to Phil cahoon ?? I would just find a spot and put up stand On crown of course and hunt away. Athabasca water shed has huge bears Feels real good when u do it ur self. So fun won’t even feel like work. Or spot and stalk. Bear hunts are super fun take a younging along Alberta is loaded with black bears happy hunting 👍👍

Torkdiesel 04-22-2019 09:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trappingman (Post 3966411)
Stick up for your buddy all you want but he will eventually get caught and end up like Phil Cahoon, like I said avoid this guy he does a lot of shady stuff

Byron is a poacher ? That’s a new one right

Dean2 04-22-2019 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trappingman (Post 3966411)

I don't know Brian and Cathy Wolf, all I know about them is what I have read on various reviews or websites, quite a bit from U.S. clients that have hunted with them, and it has all been positive. I have nothing against outing bad operators but since none of us knows you, your background or veracity how about you provide some concrete examples of things that they are supposed to have done. Also be nice if these had been reported to F&W and not just local legend and gossip.

Since this affects peoples livelihood I think you owe them a duty of proof. If you can provide verifiable information we would all appreciate knowing it. If not, this is Libel and the aggrieved party has every right to come after you for damages.

Ronaround 04-22-2019 11:30 AM

Burnt lake outfitters. i know he had some last minute deals he texted me.
i got 2 bears 2 years ago for 4k USD.

new_AB_huntet 04-23-2019 12:27 PM

Thanks everyone, going to be using cooks outfitting out of mistatim Saskatchewan

curtisb 04-24-2019 07:32 PM

If you’re a resident, go to Athabasca, Whitecourt, Fox Vegas, Valleyview, GP, or FMM anywhere within 50km radius from each, more bears than dogs!

1 week especially hunting a week consecutive, any time after May 10th is more than enough time...this budget is in the high side!
Note: I’ll assume most hunters have their weapon and a game camera...

Stamp, tag, bow hunt permit - 70
1 arrow - 30 lol!
Beaver castor bag - Cabela’s, 25
Barrel or 2 free most anywhere
Buckets - clean the ditches on your way! (1/2 dozen for free)
(Or 10 for 2 at Canadian tire)
Oats - about 36 for 3 bags
Used cooking oil - free out of any dumpster get 5 or 10 gallons
Gas - 400
Hotel - 7 nights 900
Meals - 420
All in - a little under 1900 for a week for a first time DIY over 1 bait.

Outfitters would be worth it if you don’t want to put in some serious work!

Personally, I watch Wizard Lake (I think they hunt up by Calling somewhere...), Smokey River (listed above) and John and Jenn Rivet have some GIANT bears...

Torkdiesel 04-24-2019 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by curtisb (Post 3967597)
If you’re a resident, go to Athabasca, Whitecourt, Fox Vegas, Valleyview, GP, or FMM anywhere within 50km radius from each, more bears than dogs!

1 week especially hunting a week consecutive, any time after May 10th is more than enough time...this budget is in the high side!

1 arrow - 30 lol!
Gas - 400
Hotel - 7 nights 900
Meals - 420

Personally, I watch Wizard Lake (I think they hunt up by Calling somewhere...), Smokey River (listed above) and John and Jenn Rivet have some GIANT bears...

Smokey River is no longer an option, unfortunately

st99 04-25-2019 08:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by curtisb (Post 3967597)

1 arrow - 30 lol!
Gas - 400
Hotel - 7 nights 900
Meals - 420

Why spending so much for a bait? Just go spot and stalk in any northern foothills unit that don't allow baiting and you can easily find a lot of bears for a few hundred dollars worth of gas.

35 whelen 04-25-2019 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Torkdiesel (Post 3967618)
Smokey River is no longer an option, unfortunately

Very unfortunately.

Torkdiesel 04-25-2019 09:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 35 whelen (Post 3967917)
Very unfortunately.

Yes sir, Greg was a stand up guy. I always had good dealings with him

Torkdiesel 04-26-2019 08:17 AM

Yes sir. There was an accident on the river Monday, he didn’t make it.