Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum

Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Quebec does it again!!!! (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showthread.php?t=213303)

threeforthree 03-23-2014 06:29 PM

Quebec does it again!!!!

These people who make some Law's... have no idea!!!

http://dogingtonpost.com/quebec-bans.../#.UyxPDIWn-Hg

Roughneck12 03-23-2014 08:05 PM

Yeah, I got nothing. Beyond the headline.

catnthehat 03-23-2014 08:11 PM

What a bunch of idjits.
Cat

paulj 03-23-2014 10:01 PM

How unfortunate. There seems to be no common scene.

coreya3212 03-23-2014 10:23 PM

Crazy. It's obvious all that would be required is a collar registry.

Albertadiver 03-23-2014 10:45 PM

Typical Quebec

threeforthree 03-23-2014 10:50 PM

When I bring out my collars three dogs run at me and sit,,,because they know they are going to work ,and work is what they love to do.Most times they have the Collar ON ,BUT I DO NOT CARRY THE RECEIVER.

Redfrog 03-23-2014 10:50 PM

Don't complain too loudly. Your transfer payment is paying for this kid of crap.

Gust 03-24-2014 12:02 AM

next time you're at your hunting or fishing lodge and buddy falls asleep from imbibing, strap one of these collars around his calve and then draw straws to see who claps their hand. Great Fun.

make sure drinking buddy doesn't have cardiac ailments.

Big Daddy Badger 03-24-2014 01:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Albertadiver (Post 2375172)
Typical Quebec

Actually...no.

Quebec has really lousey animal cruelty laws.

I'm not saying its a good decision but rather that it is unusual that they care at all.

BlackHeart 03-24-2014 01:08 AM

What these idiots don't realize is that through this law they are condemning some dogs to the bullet. Here's my example.

We adopted a 1yr old purebred lab..big dog....had to be 100lbs.
At first we thought he was dumb, but overtime realized that he just hadn't spent much time being trained. Over time, he knew 20 commands by word. And we had to spell out squirrel (on balcony bird feeder) as he knew what it meant and eventually that failed as it seemed he figured out our spelling. So not a stupid dog,.... just unaccustomed to human commands.

But the biggest problem that we could do nothing about was as soon as another dog was around, he completely ignored us and was so excited to join them that nothing could stop him. Also he seemed to be leash wise....100ft and he would check the end and then knew to run.

After a little research about his past, it appears that he was bought as a pup to replace an ageing dog. Dropped in with the two older dogs, and the couple was gone most days and long hours. They thought the other two dogs would train him. So instead of socializing with humans, he went from litter to a new pack. And when they couldn't stop him from running off to other dogs, they inadvertently made him leash wise with their inept actions.

They then got rid of him.....and we found out why someone would get rid of a healthy purbred young great dog. They ruined him. We tried everything in the book, but as soon as he seen or heard another dog, nothing mattered.

It got down to two options (can't have a dog running around the neighborhood) bullet or E-collar. We finally realized that we HAD to get an E-collar and hope it would correct his behavior or at least control him when the other dogs situation occurred. But guess what ....bending down to tie my shoe lace on a walk, and putting the leash end on the ground for second, he steps, steps, sees where the end is and bolts. Gone and never found him.

waterninja 03-24-2014 10:12 AM

bark collars and choke collars illegal? i think they are still allowed for english speaking dogs.

Hunter1602 03-24-2014 10:22 AM

:sHa_shakeshout:
Quote:

Originally Posted by waterninja (Post 2375498)
bark collars and choke collars illegal? i think they are still allowed for english speaking dogs.

Only if the dog is bilingual ..

Wild&Free 03-24-2014 10:28 AM

It appears that some Quebec politician's significant others and/or children became heavily vested in a dog grooming/training business but was losing out on business by people training there own dogs with what ever was most convenient and inexpensive. This must stop it was said through the house, then up the street, across the way and right into the commons.

Honestly, BHs post clearly illustrates that these tools are completely ineffective when dealing with animals who were previously owned by people who should have never owned a dog in the first place. Personally, I think it's a good move. Take responsibility for your animal or don't have one. Pretty simple really.

I do like Gusts idea though. I think I may have to pick one or two up just for S&Gs.