Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum

Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   What are you watching on YouTube? (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showthread.php?t=391424)

BuckAdventures 12-03-2020 04:51 PM

What are you watching on YouTube?

Hi all, Lookin' for some ideas for new youtube channels and shows to watch. Who are you watchin'? Anything filmed in Alberta?
Thanks!

pikergolf 12-03-2020 05:02 PM

Erik Cortena, Ultimate Reloader, Panhandle Precision.

Pathfinder76 12-03-2020 05:22 PM

Lots. But check out Billy Molls Adventures. One of the best hunting shows I’ve watched

fishtank 12-03-2020 05:31 PM

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCHK...mL6EMTb4YPE7ew

amosfella 12-03-2020 06:21 PM

I've enjoyed watching Alec Steele's channel. Brandon Walsh is pretty funny if you like faked reality type of stuff.

Crowder bits
Darius M has a good channel if you're dealing with women (pretty much all of us have to)
Todd V and Ask Todd V (women again)
Weld.com
Hannah Barron is a good outdoors channel
Bearded butchers (if you want a drinking game, take a shot every time they mention Bearded butcher blend spice mix/rub, and see if you can remember anything about the video after, or if you have any of the drink of choice left in the house)
Hoovie's Garage
Legit Street Cars
Tavarish (the Car Trek series are both really good, reminiscent of Old Top Gear)
Mock the week clips.
the Black Rifle Coffee and affiliate channel videos are pretty good.

hilt134 12-03-2020 06:27 PM

Dale brisby is a good one to watch
How ridiculous and dude perfect are fun.
Hunters vermin is the best air rifle Chanel
The daily wire for news
Wolters world for travel
The yankee Marshall

1899b 12-03-2020 06:29 PM

The Wild North is good. Andrew works for the diamond mine up north and runs a trap line and his trapping, fishing and hunting adventures are pretty cool. Language warning though.

All the other stuff is bodybuilding channels you guys wouldn’t be interested in...

Konatodd 12-03-2020 06:38 PM

I get a kick out of watching Hickock45 review guns, and smoke some “Pot”....:bad_boys_20:I find him very entertaining!

jungleboy 12-03-2020 06:38 PM

I have been really enjoying a channel called Halfassed customs. A fellow out of Manitoba that does some pretty cool car fabrication.

Another good one is Vice grip garage

Also: Smash fishing

Jay Leno’s garage

William Larkin jr. Labrador trapping hunting fishing

Jerry D 12-03-2020 06:47 PM

Tales of the gun, john browning really interesting!

Same with other episodes in ther series!

Sent from my SM-A530W using Tapatalk

32-40win 12-03-2020 07:20 PM

Cleared Hot, Jocko Willink, Mike Ritland, Free Range America, Donut Operator, Team Never Quit, The Team House, Valuetainment

Peninsula Srs Videos, TIK, Hone & Combs

First Focal Plane podcast, CCFR, Runkle of the Bailey

Star Media EN, Epic Media English

The three KIngdoms 2010 (Lord Manuel 333)

RandyBoBandy 12-03-2020 07:24 PM

If you like FAST boats, Finnegan's Garage :sHa_shakeshout:

robfraser 12-03-2020 07:29 PM

Utube

I watched the Lonesome Dove western mini series on utube a few years ago.
Pretty good western about 2 ex Texas rangers going from Texas to Montana.

kinwahkly 12-03-2020 07:30 PM

I always look up flytying videos, but somehow end up watching Crocodiles killing Wildabeasts in Africa.

archerynut 12-04-2020 12:35 AM

I really like Mark Felton's channel. Short clips no more than 15 minutes about war/military history but mostly focusing on WW2. He covers some really interesting and lesser known events/topics. Excellent research. The bit regarding the stand at Itter Castle was fantastic.

My new favorite channel right now is called Exploring Abandoned Mines by a guy named Frank out of Grand Forks. His channel has been around for a few years, enough to amass 5 or 6 seasons of half hour shows. He travels around BC initially to explore old mines. He is fearless but has ample safety gear to reach some really gnarly areas of old mines. If anyone has ever been out to the Slocan Valley area and spotted old mines up in the hills, those are what he explores. Very very cool. Make sure you set aside an afternoon because one video turns into two turns into five.

Also for shooters on the site or those of us who are interested in self defense preparation and the like there is a channel called ASP or Active Self Protection. The host John finds examples of citizens either successfully defending themselves or others, police badge cam videos and surveillance video from business being broken into or held up. Its very informative. I know its not a replacement for proper self defense training but after watching a number of his videos and the lessons he lays out for the viewer, I notice things when out and about that I never considered before.

Scott N 12-04-2020 03:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Konatodd (Post 4280263)
I get a kick out of watching Hickock45 review guns, and smoke some “Pot”....:bad_boys_20:I find him very entertaining!

I enjoy Hickock45 too.... he'd be the word's coolest grandpa lol.

pavilion 12-04-2020 11:03 AM

AvE
This Old Tony
Vice Grip Garage
Zip Ties and Bias Plies
Matty Mathesons Just A Dash & Homestyle Cookery

Sent from my SM-A205W using Tapatalk

Trochu 12-04-2020 11:10 AM

Mainly car stuff:

-Bad Obsession Motorsport, Project Binky; and,
-Donut Media, High Low

Sashi 12-04-2020 01:12 PM

All the old b&w westerns

Johnny Yuma
Tombstone territory
Whispering Smith
Shotgun Slade
and a bunch more.

zims23 12-04-2020 02:00 PM

Vice Grip Garage

35 whelen 12-04-2020 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by archerynut (Post 4280438)
I really like Mark Felton's channel. Short clips no more than 15 minutes about war/military history but mostly focusing on WW2. He covers some really interesting and lesser known events/topics. Excellent research. The bit regarding the stand at Itter Castle was fantastic.

My new favorite channel right now is called Exploring Abandoned Mines by a guy named Frank out of Grand Forks. His channel has been around for a few years, enough to amass 5 or 6 seasons of half hour shows. He travels around BC initially to explore old mines. He is fearless but has ample safety gear to reach some really gnarly areas of old mines. If anyone has ever been out to the Slocan Valley area and spotted old mines up in the hills, those are what he explores. Very very cool. Make sure you set aside an afternoon because one video turns into two turns into five.

Also for shooters on the site or those of us who are interested in self defense preparation and the like there is a channel called ASP or Active Self Protection. The host John finds examples of citizens either successfully defending themselves or others, police badge cam videos and surveillance video from business being broken into or held up. Its very informative. I know its not a replacement for proper self defense training but after watching a number of his videos and the lessons he lays out for the viewer, I notice things when out and about that I never considered before.

I also like Mark Felton stuff

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

270person 12-04-2020 06:38 PM

Paige Spiranacs golf swing. I'm going to have to watch it a lot so I can be really, really good.

https://youtu.be/DQUnZjLk4Ag

Sashi 12-04-2020 06:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sashi (Post 4280706)
Johnny Yuma
Tombstone territory
Whispering Smith
Shotgun Slade
and a bunch more.

The Restless Gun (tonite)

Powder monkey 12-04-2020 07:05 PM

I don’t like golf but really enjoyed that video

270person 12-04-2020 07:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Powder monkey (Post 4280865)
I don’t like golf but really enjoyed that video

Funny. A lot of guys say the same thing.

fordtruckin 12-04-2020 07:59 PM

Marten skinning videos. Got my first one of the season tonight.

Gboe8 12-04-2020 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chuck (Post 4280205)
Lots. But check out Billy Molls Adventures. One of the best hunting shows I’ve watched

X2 love his shows.

CaberTosser 12-04-2020 10:02 PM

The History Guy
AvE's workshop videos
Anything in the military history documentary genre

This Australian group, Hindley Street Country Club, covers a really wide range of hit songs; their musicianship is incredible and the production is really tight. They feature a pile of different singers, so it seems like there's a base band that has all kinds of other singers who contribute.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HJOSiJya80Q

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LdOctquiQ5c

The singers audio is quiet at the beginning but improves:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ig4OcmtF5c

Pathfinder76 12-04-2020 10:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gboe8 (Post 4280945)
X2 love his shows.

I just called him and ordered $160 worth of his DVD’s for watching over the holidays. :-)

Iron Brew 12-04-2020 11:40 PM

AvE
Abom79
Fireball tools
And for a slightly quirky one, Dan Hurd (prospecting)