Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum

Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Smoking Pot in Public Areas (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showthread.php?t=353163)

pikeslayer22 10-17-2018 05:39 PM

Smoking Pot in Public Areas

So if people can smoke pot outside of a licensed premises why can’t I walk down the street and drink a beer?

overhere 10-17-2018 05:51 PM

RIGHT? i think we should petition for that . Weed smokers say its no different than alcohol.

barbless 10-17-2018 06:03 PM

Can I smoke it while I play on a golf course? Only asking cause they allow you to drink and drive!!! Not that it would ever stop me if I wanted to. I would try to respect other people and not smell up their space. Don't do it at the T Box. Would also save the roach for trying and desperate times. :bad_boys_20::sHa_sarcasticlol: Not toss it on the ground like a cigarette but

^v^Tinda wolf^v^ 10-17-2018 06:12 PM

You mean you can’t drink beer in public?

does it ALL outdoors 10-17-2018 06:12 PM

Our draconian liquor laws desperately need to be updated.

barbless 10-17-2018 06:23 PM

Ya try going to Bowness park in Calgary and have a BBQ with beer. Or walk the river and have F&W stop ya with a beer in your hand. Or even a pond somewhere. Mclean Creek comes to mind. BULL K---RAP I tell ya. That's why I use to let my dog carry them in his saddle bags

Weedy1 10-17-2018 06:30 PM

I think Heroin and Crack should be in the lunchroom vending machine!!!

ice 10-17-2018 06:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by overhere (Post 3857040)
RIGHT? i think we should petition for that . Weed smokers say its no different than alcohol.

Pretty sure that’s not what they say hahaha

artie 10-17-2018 06:38 PM

Trump says make America great again

Trudeau says make Canada a druggy country

Does this make sense to anyone?

Talking moose 10-17-2018 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ice (Post 3857057)
Pretty sure that’s not what they say hahaha

Lol not even close.

sgill808 10-17-2018 07:03 PM

https://i.imgur.com/QgGzAWJ.jpg

The Elkster 10-17-2018 07:09 PM

I believe there is a movement afoot to get alcohol legal in some public places like parks and maybe outside stadiums. Would be nice if they loosened up.

To equate weed and alcohol is a bit silly though in this context. Get a bunch of people high in a park and the worst thing that's likely to happen is concession stands run out of munchies and a few people are put off by smoke. Allow widespread alcohol and watch the fun. Fights galore, vomiting, unruly crowd behavior. If you want to get informed ask police what causes them the most grief. What percentage of police time do you think is attributed to alcohol?...hint ITS A LOT. Most domestic disputes involve alcohol and most weekend callouts are alcohol related. Sprinkle in some higher test drugs but alcohol is still king of trouble.

huntinstuff 10-17-2018 07:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by artie (Post 3857064)

My kid ordered a red ball cap

“Make America Mexico Again “

pgavey 10-17-2018 07:15 PM

Why don't the pot heads just use eatables so us not drug users don't have to smell skunk a--.

kevinhits 10-17-2018 07:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbless (Post 3857053)
Ya try going to Bowness park in Calgary and have a BBQ with beer. Or walk the river and have F&W stop ya with a beer in your hand. Or even a pond somewhere. Mclean Creek comes to mind. BULL K---RAP I tell ya. That's why I use to let my dog carry them in his saddle bags

Been fishing Mclean pond many years now and they always drive by...You must have been the lucky one they checked on...LOL

bat119 10-17-2018 07:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pgavey (Post 3857087)
Why don't the pot heads just use eatables so us not drug users don't have to smell skunk a--.

Has this actually happened? Where were you ?

AB2506 10-17-2018 07:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pikeslayer22 (Post 3857035)
So if people can smoke pot outside of a licensed premises why can’t I walk down the street and drink a beer?

No smoking in public places in Calgary.

pgavey 10-17-2018 07:59 PM

Bat 119 Ah Fog brain eh? Missed that completely didn't you?

Ken07AOVette 10-17-2018 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bat119 (Post 3857090)
Has this actually happened? Where were you ?

You have never experienced this? Lifetime smoker or something? Nasal infection that left you without any sense of smell?

Canada, USA, pick a province, state, city town park arena theatre mall....

All it means to me is I will stop spending money where I smell skunk.

If people feel they must smell that way in public places we just will get our money back and leave. No big deal.
Hopefully the big fad passes and people at some point realize the stench annoys non users, but I sure don't hold out much hope for that. Most I have seen or blissfully ignorant of the stink or just do not give a fornication if they offend anyone else.

bat119 10-17-2018 08:31 PM

I have rarely smelled it except at concerts or walking by a bar places I don't go often if I went to a Rastafarian festival I wouldn't be shocked or complain. Its a come and go scent you get a whiff if the winds blowing the right direction. Its not possible to get a cloud that lingers for any length of time in the outdoors.

I haven't smoked for over 30 years and don't intend to in the future but I'm nobody's nanny either smoke em if got em. I find 3 diesel trucks chugging black stinky smoke more offensive than pot BTW it doesn't always smell like skunk.

^v^Tinda wolf^v^ 10-17-2018 08:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ken07AOVette (Post 3857117)
You have never experienced this? Lifetime smoker or something? Nasal infection that left you without any sense of smell?

If people feel they must smell that way in public places we just will get our money back and leave. No big deal.
Hopefully the big fad passes and people at some point realize the stench annoys non users, but I sure don't hold out much hope for that. Most I have seen or blissfully ignorant of the stink or just do not give a fornication if they offend anyone else.

Go eat some cookies Ken :sHa_sarcasticlol:

Ken07AOVette 10-17-2018 08:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ^v^Tinda wolf^v^ (Post 3857151)
Go eat some cookies Ken :sHa_sarcasticlol:

Not everyone needs that excrement :)

sjr 10-17-2018 08:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by huntinstuff (Post 3857083)

“Make America Mexico Again “

"Make Justin a unemployed drama teacher again " :bad_boys_20:

boah 10-17-2018 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pgavey (Post 3857087)

It’s against the law.

270person 10-17-2018 08:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by artie (Post 3857064)

Yep.

Wonder if when prohibition ended there were fears everyone would become a zoned out raging alcoholic.

Trump says a lot of things.

270person 10-17-2018 08:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ken07AOVette (Post 3857117)

I find people sitting near me barfing on their shoes a lot more irritating.

Football games. Hockey games. Bars. You name it. I'll take the pothead anyday over the "loud mouth soup" consumer.

270person 10-17-2018 09:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ken07AOVette (Post 3857160)
Not everyone needs that excrement :)

Not everyone needs booze either.

Ken07AOVette 10-17-2018 09:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 270person (Post 3857180)
I find people sitting near me barfing on their shoes a lot more irritating.

Football games. Hockey games. Bars. You name it. I'll take the pothead anyday over the "loud mouth soup" consumer.

Yeah, that's your choice. If you like the smell, all the better for you.

Quote:

Originally Posted by 270person (Post 3857183)
Not everyone needs booze either.

or golf clubs

or a television

or an atv

or heroin

or gopher poison

was there some point or are we just throwing in random things to draw attention away from weed?

Reddin 10-17-2018 09:15 PM

It's legal now. People have a choice. If you don't like it, too bad.

bobalong 10-17-2018 09:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bat119 (Post 3857149)
I have rarely smelled it except at concerts or walking by a bar places I don't go often if I went to a Rastafarian festival I wouldn't be shocked or complain. Its a come and go scent you get a whiff if the winds blowing the right direction. Its not possible to get a cloud that lingers for any length of time in the outdoors.

I haven't smoked for over 30 years and don't intend to in the future but I'm nobody's nanny either smoke em if got em. I find 3 diesel trucks chugging black stinky smoke more offensive than pot BTW it doesn't always smell like skunk.

Complaining about the smell outside is ridiculous, the smoke drifts away in a few seconds, but some people just love whining about smoke of any kind. I agree diesels are the worst, I would like to see them ticketed when they sit and idle stinking up a whole parking lot.
You see thousands of people every day in Edmonton and other cities standing beside the curb inhaling that stinking diesel from the buses, every day all day long.............and you don't here a peep from them.