Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum

Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/index.php)
-   Guns & Ammo Discussion (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Rock chucker supreme (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showthread.php?t=313736)

mgvande 01-29-2017 08:30 PM

Rock chucker supreme

Hey I just destroyed my primer arm and plug/sleeve assembly. I'm having a heck of a time trying to find parts in the Internet. They have stuff for the rock chucker or rock chucker 2 but not the supreme any one know who carried this stuff? I'm not in a major centre so going to the wws or cabelas store is out of the question. I can't get a shell holder big enough for the lee Auto prime so I'm kinda stuck. Any info would be great thanks.

Scott N 01-29-2017 08:32 PM

Call RCBS directly.... call them, not email, and I can almost promise you they will mail you the parts for free.

elkhunter11 01-29-2017 08:33 PM

I use the RCBS Universal Priming tool, and it does not require any shell holders. It works well with the 270WSM cases.

mgvande 01-29-2017 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elkhunter11 (Post 3457138)
I use the RCBS Universal Priming tool, and it does not require any shell holders. It works well with the 270WSM cases.

I have a bench mount lee auto prime so I wouldn't be even looking for parts but I have 24 gauge brass hull to prime so that won't work.

NW Tradegunner 01-29-2017 09:28 PM

Primer Arm?

What does it look like? I may have one!

mgvande 01-29-2017 09:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NW Tradegunner (Post 3457243)
What does it look like? I may have one!

Straight square steel arm. Hole on one end and another threaded hole at the other end 90 degrees to the other one ( on the next flat). Mine is no longer straight not sure what happened. At any rate the priming sleeve and spring look the same as the universal so I bought that online. We will see is RCBS will be nice to me tomorrow.

Mhunter51 01-30-2017 07:07 AM

As Scott said--call RCBS directly and they are VERY good and will very likely send the free parts.

gitrdun 01-30-2017 07:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mgvande (Post 3457255)
Straight square steel arm. Hole on one end and another threaded hole at the other end 90 degrees to the other one ( on the next flat). Mine is no longer straight not sure what happened. At any rate the priming sleeve and spring look the same as the universal so I bought that online. We will see is RCBS will be nice to me tomorrow.

Hopefully RCBS sends you a free replacement. If that doesn't work out, it sounds as though by your description that one could easily be made. :)

Ryan.M.Anderson 01-30-2017 08:01 AM

I never installed mine and prefer to hand prime.

If you RCBS is not nice let me know and I can look for mine in the box.

mgvande 01-30-2017 11:40 AM

Looks like they are sending me a primer arm and sleeve assembly. pretty good customer service I'd say. Thanks to those offering help.