Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum

Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/index.php)
-   Guns & Ammo Discussion (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Colt Python and Desert Eagles (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showthread.php?t=351678)

Chixfishing 09-21-2018 12:52 AM

Colt Python and Desert Eagles

I have been observing this for a while and I thought I should share it and see if I am on this alone. It's about Colt python and Desert Eagle pistols. These two guns are hardly found in the market. I mean, you don't see many people posting them online for sale apart from stores. Anyway, it is my own personal observations and Sorry if you found this post annoying.

58thecat 09-21-2018 06:04 AM

Nice pistols of quality so people hang onto them and they creep up in value too.

GrouseHunter 09-21-2018 06:43 AM

Sweet Handgun

I used to own a 357 Colt Python Magnum.

To many they are considered to be the finest handgun ever made. Best words to describe this remarkable handgun are smooth, powerful and beautiful. They are indeed hard to find and they are very expensive but worth every cent! If I didn't live in Canada I would buy one again in a heartbeat.

I used to shoot down trees with mine for the fun of it, lucky there weren't any tree-huggers around at the time haha.

One thing I learned very fast when shooting mine was to hold onto it really tight when shooting it lol

cody j 09-21-2018 07:22 AM

I think there was a desert eagle for sale on gun nutz a few days ago

Chixfishing 09-21-2018 01:43 PM

They are indeed hard to find

Quote:

Originally Posted by GrouseHunter (Post 3843930)
I used to own a 357 Colt Python Magnum.

To many they are considered to be the finest handgun ever made. Best words to describe this remarkable handgun are smooth, powerful and beautiful. They are indeed hard to find and they are very expensive but worth every cent! If I didn't live in Canada I would buy one again in a heartbeat.

I used to shoot down trees with mine for the fun of it, lucky there weren't any tree-huggers around at the time haha.

One thing I learned very fast when shooting mine was to hold onto it really tight when shooting it lol

Yes indeed always hard to find

JR1992 09-22-2018 10:44 AM

Rare yes but not impossible. I see both a few times a year on CGN. Most of the Pythons are mint/unfired too.

Twisted Canuck 09-22-2018 11:38 AM

The Pythons are indeed very fine pistols. I have some, the one that I bought to shoot (I am third owner and have history on it) was a special order from the Colt Custom shop with Patridge front sight and Elliason rear sight, and the trigger tuned for bulls eye shooting with lighter main spring. As if a Python trigger needed to be tuned! And yet, it is even 'more better' :lol:! It is perfectly sublime to shoot, far more accurate than my old eyes and shaky hands can shoot...I really can't do it justice, but the action is a thing of beauty. I have a number of S&W revolvers that received the Distinguished trigger job from Murray Charlton (model 14-3, 27-2 5" barrel, model 66, model 657) and while they are fantastic to say the least, they don't compare to that Custom shop Python.

mchris44 09-23-2018 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck (Post 3844599)
The Pythons are indeed very fine pistols. I have some, the one that I bought to shoot (I am third owner and have history on it) was a special order from the Colt Custom shop with Patridge front sight and Elliason rear sight, and the trigger tuned for bulls eye shooting with lighter main spring. As if a Python trigger needed to be tuned! And yet, it is even 'more better' :lol:! It is perfectly sublime to shoot, far more accurate than my old eyes and shaky hands can shoot...I really can't do it justice, but the action is a thing of beauty. I have a number of S&W revolvers that received the Distinguished trigger job from Murray Charlton (model 14-3, 27-2 5" barrel, model 66, model 657) and while they are fantastic to say the least, they don't compare to that Custom shop Python.

I see reasons why it keep increasing in Value

elkhunter11 09-23-2018 05:00 PM

If you watch the used gun market. both the Python and Desert Eagle become available fairly often. Python prices have certainly climbed though.

wildbill 09-24-2018 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chixfishing (Post 3843905)
I have been observing this for a while and I thought I should share it and see if I am on this alone. It's about Colt python and Desert Eagle pistols. These two guns are hardly found in the market. I mean, you don't see many people posting them online for sale apart from stores. Anyway, it is my own personal observations and Sorry if you found this post annoying.

On canadian gunnutz in the equipment exchange, there usually is few of both, both are exquisite guns, but I'd say more so with the colts, just bluing alone on an old python, the guys who made these really cared. I'd say the python is by far my favorite handgun, should see if the member on here with the special alberta edition colt would post some more pics of that beauty up here, that is the the pinnacle of quality!

bat119 09-24-2018 01:50 PM

Go new

https://store.prophetriver.com/magnum-research/

Twisted Canuck 09-24-2018 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wildbill (Post 3845481)
On canadian gunnutz in the equipment exchange, there usually is few of both, both are exquisite guns, but I'd say more so with the colts, just bluing alone on an old python, the guys who made these really cared. I'd say the python is by far my favorite handgun, should see if the member on here with the special alberta edition colt would post some more pics of that beauty up here, that is the the pinnacle of quality!

What?? How many times do I have to put those up...? :lol:

Honestly, I'm kinda honored that there are so many others that appreciate it as much as I do. It's just so....sexy!:)

Rather than post all over again, a re-direct to the original thread:

http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showt...+python&page=2

Edit: wow, just looked that thread over and was shocked by how many banned members were on it. *sigh*

sgill808 09-24-2018 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck (Post 3845548)
What?? How many times do I have to put those up...? :lol:

Honestly, I'm kinda honored that there are so many others that appreciate it as much as I do. It's just so....sexy!:)

Rather than post all over again, a re-direct to the original thread:

http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showt...+python&page=2

Edit: wow, just looked that thread over and was shocked by how many banned members were on it. *sigh*

If the Flames win the Stanley Cup I think you should just get really drunk and give it to me...

GrouseHunter 09-24-2018 05:18 PM

Did you guys know that the Colt Python 357 Magnum has been used by Border Patrol Officers to shoot out vehicle engine blocks to disable the vehicle?

heybert 09-24-2018 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GrouseHunter (Post 3845605)
Did you guys know that the Colt Python 357 Magnum has been used by Border Patrol Officers to shoot out vehicle engine blocks to disable the vehicle?

Why wouldn't they use the Colt Border Patrol? They're both .357's?

Twisted Canuck 09-24-2018 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sgill808 (Post 3845592)
If the Flames win the Stanley Cup I think you should just get really drunk and give it to me...

If I get really drunk when they win (!)....no, still no......:)

sgill808 09-25-2018 06:38 AM

It was worth a shot lol.

Twisted Canuck 09-25-2018 09:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sgill808 (Post 3845806)
It was worth a shot lol.

Well, anything is for sale if the price is right. But you'd have to want it pretty bad! :lol:

pgavey 02-23-2020 05:56 PM

Shoot out engine blocks eh? Too much hollywood in your world.

Dick284 02-23-2020 06:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pgavey (Post 4115928)
Shoot out engine blocks eh? Too much hollywood in your world.

2 year old thread!?!?!?!