Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum

Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/index.php)
-   Fishing Discussion (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Grist lake (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showthread.php?t=430439)

baseball fan 04-02-2024 09:08 AM

Grist lake

I’ve been going to Winefred lake for 24 years, this year we are thinking about going to Grist lake, any comments would be appreciated
Regards

warriorboy10 04-02-2024 01:40 PM

Buddy went into Grist last year, said it was horrible trip and he has been into several places with no issues. Apparently not actually able to drive into the cabins the road in isn't drivable unless using a 4x4 at least. Plenty of discrepancy with owners. ie. Cost and boat use issues, engine issues. Just a heads up and hopefully someone will chime in with better experiences. Good luck.

-JR- 04-02-2024 02:24 PM

Buddy was at Winefred last year . $25 to launch his boat and another $25. to park his truck with empty boat trailer .

bezzola 04-02-2024 02:34 PM

I launched a few years ago at pauls outfittings at winifred charged to use the launch and charged to park.
We tried to get into grist 3 stuck trucks if i was to go back it would be quad or sled in

dustinjoels 04-03-2024 12:37 AM

I wouldn’t put my equipment through the pounding on the road into grist during the summer. If you want to fish grist, go in the winter. Much cheaper to just pay Paul the launch and parking fee and fish winefred than wreck your stuff.

baseball fan 04-03-2024 09:07 AM

I’ve got the equipment to handle the road, even when wet. I’m more concerned about the quality of fish. Will be there 5 days.

trigger7mm 04-03-2024 10:02 AM

Grist lake

Trapper Paul’s prices have gone up to $400 a night for a cabin, and the cabins aren’t all that great. Plus launching and parking.

Gretz5582 04-03-2024 07:44 PM

grist

If the weather is bad the road into trapper Pauls cabin is worth the price but he does charge to launch and to park, but it cuts off about 45 min to Winefred and he does maintain his road. The road to grist past the end of the air strip is hit or miss and after the turnoff (red tracktor) to Winefred lake lodge you will be in 4x4 for sure and its hard on everything. its doable just depends on how low your boat trailer is. Once you get to grist at the end of the small grass airstrip the cabins are at the other end of lake and only access from boat. The campground is also hit or miss if there is parking. If fishing for lakers you will get numbers but in my opinion cold lake has better caliber fish in the last 10 years. Although you can keep one in a very catchable size slot
Food for thought....

swampy45 04-05-2024 03:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trigger7mm (Post 4714058)
Trapper Paul’s prices have gone up to $400 a night for a cabin, and the cabins aren’t all that great. Plus launching and parking.

$400 for the small cabin, $650 for the bigger ones

FishHunterPro 04-05-2024 06:55 PM

It's time the government builds better access to the lake so we don't have to pay the gate keepers of that place anymore.

dustinjoels 04-06-2024 02:00 PM

If you want to catch 3-5 pound lake trout Grist should be fun. I don't know anyone that fishes is it in the summer though, only through the ice.