Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum

Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/index.php)
-   Fishing Discussion (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Pike photo contest thread (post pics here) (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showthread.php?t=400916)

Smoky buck 11-01-2021 09:05 PM

This design has caused me all kinds of frustration and multiple failed attempts to get it to work right but I have got it beat.

Just finished painting and there is no choices this time this is the color. Will start clear coat tomorrow and a white rubber tail will be added

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/202...6d46e1193a.jpg


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Zip-in-Z 11-01-2021 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smoky buck (Post 4433823)
This design has caused me all kinds of frustration and multiple failed attempts to get it to work right but I have got it beat.

Just finished painting and there is no choices this time this is the color. Will start clear coat tomorrow and a white rubber tail will be added

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


Nice work ... if it's nameless & you attach a black twister tail, call it the "Ghost".

D.

bryard2 11-02-2021 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smoky buck (Post 4433823)
This design has caused me all kinds of frustration and multiple failed attempts to get it to work right but I have got it beat.

Just finished painting and there is no choices this time this is the color. Will start clear coat tomorrow and a white rubber tail will be added

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/202...6d46e1193a.jpg


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


Looks incredible


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mapleleafman3 11-02-2021 11:36 AM

That paint job is sweet. Nice work!

Smoky buck 11-02-2021 08:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zip-in-Z (Post 4433843)
Nice work ... if it's nameless & you attach a black twister tail, call it the "Ghost".

D.

A black tail would look good on the pattern and they are easily swapped/replaced because they screw on/off

Unfortunately I didn’t look at my supply of 6inch grubs before painting. I only have white and I order bulk from the US for better price and none in town. But the winner can go with any grub color and style with the soft tail lures. I will have recommended style for action purposes though

CaveClown 11-05-2021 10:19 PM

Love the look, the winner is one lucky person, hope to see some pics of what the lure brings in!

Smoky buck 11-13-2021 07:43 PM

Ok after way too long of a wait and I apologize for it the batch is done

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/202...b5b3776dbf.jpg

If I do this again I will be more prepared and start earlier


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Smoky buck 11-13-2021 10:49 PM

Ok after talking to LUNKDAWGEH by PM he has decided he would like the lures to go to some young anglers

So by the winner’s request Immigrant could you put theses lures in those kids hands. I will also add 2 of my dressed pike spinners to the lures already offered to add to LUNKDAWGEH’s already kind gesture

I will PM you for mailing information tomorrow

AlbertanGP 11-13-2021 10:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smoky buck (Post 4405408)
I am also debating for the contest of doing a one off wooden crankbait instead of one of my resin poured lures. It would be a one of a kind and not replicated

A bit off topic, but I'd be interested in commissioning you to make a larger wooden crankbait. Full disclosure it won't be used for fishing. I have some space on the millwork in my lake house that needs filling. I'd love to have some "artwork" from a fellow Albertan outdoorsman on it. Shoot me a PM if interested. Cheers.

Some great photos in this contest BTW. :sSig_nicethread:

Smoky buck 11-14-2021 06:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AlbertanGP (Post 4439110)
A bit off topic, but I'd be interested in commissioning you to make a larger wooden crankbait. Full disclosure it won't be used for fishing. I have some space on the millwork in my lake house that needs filling. I'd love to have some "artwork" from a fellow Albertan outdoorsman on it. Shoot me a PM if interested. Cheers.

Some great photos in this contest BTW. :sSig_nicethread:

I should be able to do something for you just need details so I make sure I provide what you are looking for

PM sent

Immigrant 11-18-2021 07:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smoky buck (Post 4439107)
Ok after talking to LUNKDAWGEH by PM he has decided he would like the lures to go to some young anglers

So by the winner’s request Immigrant could you put theses lures in those kids hands. I will also add 2 of my dressed pike spinners to the lures already offered to add to LUNKDAWGEH’s already kind gesture

I will PM you for mailing information tomorrow

I would like to thank Smoky buck and Lunkdawgeh for their kindness and generosity. They represent what the outdoor community is really about. I hope my son and I will be able to “pay it forward” one day. I will post some pics as soon as they arrive……as well as some of the monsters he will catch with those.

Immigrant 12-22-2021 05:20 PM

Thank you Smoky Buck and Lunkdawgeh for your contribution to my sons tackle box. It is small things like this that has a huge impact on his life. They are true works of art. My boy asked if they were for “display” or actual fishing. Merry Xmas everyone!
(It was ugly sweater day at school….)

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/202...29e5c6a1a4.jpg

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/202...ed96b4605a.jpg

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/202...af0eef20cd.jpg

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/202...1650f643cc.jpg

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/202...38824bae57.jpg


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

58thecat 12-22-2021 05:31 PM

That’s awesome!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Smoky buck 12-22-2021 06:27 PM

If I do this again I will definitely start building right away so they are sent out faster. Between some unplanned issues in life and hunting season distractions things were way slower then I would like

Glad to see they put a smile on his face and hope the lures treat him well. Let him know the best way to appreciate the art I do is fish them and fill them with tooth marks :happy0034:

CaveClown 12-22-2021 08:41 PM

Awesome to read, was wondering why this post came up again and I am glad I checked it out. This is why this community is so awesome.

Also if you ever lose that green lure someplace let me know where because I am in love with it lmao.

Merry Christmas all, happy holidays, and happy new years!!!

AlbertanGP 12-22-2021 11:52 PM

Awesome! Hopefully he still has and cherishes those lures when he's our age. :happy0034:

CaveClown 12-23-2021 12:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AlbertanGP (Post 4459648)
Awesome! Hopefully he still has and cherishes those lures when he's our age. :happy0034:

Lets hope that once he gets to our age their are still fish big enough to warrant those size of lures... Wait this is a positive post threat, so lets hope he can use some of those lures at our age to catch some monsters!!!:scared0015:

LUNKDAWGEH 12-23-2021 11:36 AM

Can't wait to see em hanging off a fish's lips!

Sent from my motorola one hyper using Tapatalk


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:08 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.